Rifts scanner is not working: Southsun Cove and Cursed Shore

mayakwd.3214

I've just completed three of the five weekly maps. Unfortunately, on Southsun Cove and Cursed Shore, I failed (like the rest of the players on those maps) to find a single rift. 

When using the ability, a progress bar is visible, but no events occur when the search is complete: 
1. No rift event is displayed on the map.
2. No visual direction is shown (ley lines pointing towards the rift).
3. No player even encounters the event randomly on the map.

In addition, I would like to note that when searching for rifts, there is often a situation when ley-lines appear, but the event is not displayed on the map.

• Like 1

In addition, I think what's going on is related to Weekly Resets. Longliving maps - which players get on after weekly reset, have no information about the rifts. 

Unfortunately, players don't have the option to change to a "fresh" map purposely. It would be great if there were an option to close maps after the weekly reset and allow players to switch to a fresh instance, as it happens when the number of players on the current map drops.

• Like 1

Amazing how many in past defend the afk farmers until it now affects them.  Enjoy it anet won't remove the bot problems.  Games lack of enforcement towards bots/multibox pile ups is laughable.  Can only hope post reset enough show up to force a new map ip like last weeks same issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I had no problems getting the weekly rifts in either Cursed Shore or Southsun Cove. This was about half an hour after I entered an old instance of Cursed Shore where it didn't work. After that I found 2 where rifts did work. And in the first instance of Southsun Cove I went to it worked as well. 

Will there be old instances of maps on Monday morning/afternoon? Probably. It sounds logical, since the weekly reset doesn't reset maps. But there will be new instances in no time. Just come back later.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

I had no problems getting the weekly rifts in either Cursed Shore or Southsun Cove. This was about half an hour after I entered an old instance of Cursed Shore where it didn't work. After that I found 2 where rifts did work. And in the first instance of Southsun Cove I went to it worked as well. 

Will there be old instances of maps on Monday morning/afternoon? Probably. It sounds logical, since the weekly reset doesn't reset maps. But there will be new instances in no time. Just come back later.

That's the spirit. Let the bo.. "afk farmers" dictate when people actually actively playing the game will get access to the rifts.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, darksome.1697 said:

That's the spirit. Let the bo.. "afk farmers" dictate when people actually actively playing the game will get access to the rifts.

It's not really a problem when this whole "instances that don't close because of afk farmers, bots or whatever you want to call them" doesn't really happen. It's been 4 weeks now since the release of SotO and not once have I run into this problem. Today was the first time. Besides, it's weekly rifts. If Monday afternoon is the only time you can play, yeah, that sucks. But otherwise there are 7 days to do them and no need to do them all on the first day.

Basically it's only a problem if you make it one. You did. I didn't, because it's not worth getting worked up over and the problem wasn't persistent.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I can confirm that Cursed Shore had rifts for me yesterday. But with the map fully explored it never showed the red circle - when I usually assumed that for an opened rift the red circle appears even if you are far away but triggering the scan skill.

This makes it a bad idea to actually follow the visual hint (those appear on a map with working rifts ... might not appear for a short time when a rift has finished - until the next one spawns which should be immediately but maybe it is possible to hit the scan button in one second in between or so) since you might arrive too late. Coming from the very south in Cursed shore - for example - it is a good idea to use a waypoint further north. Then scanning again. And maybe combining this with beetle use - to arrive fast enough. At least for T1 which are spiked down pretty fast. (Or ask for people to tag mentor even for T1 maybe.)

The no rift at all ... I only noticed in Doric last week.

I have severe culling of graphics in this game. On most maps all I ever see is the name above a head of  a player or npc until I am almost on top of them so these red circles on rifts show up on NO maps for me even the ones in SotO, makes the rift hunting extremely frustrating.  When I get really close to the rift (almost on it) I will see the red circle.  I wonder if there is a graphics option that can be changed to make these things show up?

LAKE DORIC was broken last time and the exact same thing happening this time. So frustrating! if weeklies reset at beginning of week so should the instances!

p.s. what is the beginning of the week though? technically its sunday. but wvw reset is friday at 10pm. normal dailies reset at 8pm. rift weeklies is monday morning sometime for some maps, blacklion bonus event reset is tuesday.

There really should just be 1 reset time for the week.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It seems one must wait for a new map to appear after each week's Weekly Rift reset.  So far, Rifts have always appeared by the second/third day. 

anet should fix this and force maps to close after reset occurs. there's no reason a map should remain open for hours after reset happens!!!

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Haha 1