Jumping puzzles for weeklies again..

Xentera.4560

So 2 jumping puzzles for weeklies this week..

I strongly believe choosing jumping puzzles for weeklies in the first place is a terrible idea. While jumping puzzles can be a fun and challenging aspect of many games, they are not everyone's cup of tea. The weekly objectives should ideally cater to a broader range of player preferences and playstyles to keep the player base engaged and motivated. Opting for more diverse challenges or rotating through different types of content would likely be a better approach to ensure that weekly tasks remain enjoyable for all players, regardless of their gaming preferences.

Edit: silly me, I forgot this is the official forum, and any kind of criticism is frowned upon and instantly gets you the “confused” emoji. Without any real counter point response.

Edited by Xentera.4560
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

No one force you to do the jumping puzzle, you can just do another weekly instead, and get the 6/6. You only missing a handfull of astral claims. Jumping Puzzle is fun.. and if you dont like it, just use teleport to friend 😉

Aww the classic response of “if you don’t like them, don’t do them”

imagine If next time they place HTCM and silent surf CM, on the same weekly rotation, and if u dare criticize you get the same response of:

” if you don’t like them, don’t do them”

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

imagine If next time they place HTCM and silent surf CM, on the same weekly rotation, and if u dare criticize you get the same response of:

Well aslong as they let me teleport to friend and win ht cm Im fine with that idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

no, the weekly is not designed to do all of them every week. else there would be only 6 quests.. i often have 1 or 2 weeklys open, cause i forgot them, or missed the meta. and i am still happy. getting the 6/6 is the goal.

Your responce sounds like "I dont like it, so remove it" ... no, never remove extra content of the game, only cause some people don't like them. Thats horrible idea. Else they can remove everything cause there is always 1 person that doesnt like X .. and we would have nothing there. 

You have 3 alternatives.

Option 1) teleport to friend

Option 2) engage with the community and use mesmer portals. (this is an mmorpg you shouldnt do all the weeklys and dailys solo lol. )

Option 3) do another daily/weekly instead.

Also Jumping Puzzles is one of the major/unique features of GW2.. removing them from the weekly is like saying , remove the dragons, or dynamical events...

If people think of GW2, "jumping puzzles" is often one of the first things people come to mind.

Edited by WaifuJanna.9108
  • Like 15
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Jumping puzzles are a unique part of this game and its culture. They absolutely should be in either the dailies or weeklies, because that's what makes the community come together to do the same one.

If every weekly and daily is filtered down to only things that are "everyone's cup of tea", they lose all meaning.

Strikes are not my cup of tea. They aren't for a large part of the player base. As long as the dailies and weeklies have room to avoid one or two we really dislike (3/4, 6/8), though, I'm glad strikes are on the list. It's good for the players who like them to have the entire community focusing on one at the same time. I can be glad that other people get their cup of tea, too.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Just now, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

but instead of complaining and arguing what people like or dont like, maybe we should think about an actually solution so everyone can be happy?

How about you can reroll one Weekly Quest of your choice and you get a new one(from different categorie)? 

There's already a solution. Pick six, skip two.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Jumping puzzles are a unique part of this game and its culture. They absolutely should be in either the dailies or weeklies, because that's what makes the community come together to do the same one.

If every weekly and daily is filtered down to only things that are "everyone's cup of tea", they lose all meaning.

Strikes are not my cup of tea. They aren't for a large part of the player base. As long as the dailies and weeklies have room to avoid one or two we really dislike (3/4, 4/6), though, I'm glad strikes are on the list. It's good for the players who like them to have the entire community focusing on one at the same time. I can be glad that other people get their cup of tea, too.

yeah also this keeps old maps alive. You login to gw2, check the dailys/weeklies, and you get whole new idea what to do now.

If the stuff wouldnt be there, no one would ever imagine out of nowhere "nowday i go to Queensdale and do that jumping puzzle). There is so many content and activities in GW2, this whole Vault thing, remember people what GW2 has to offer 😉 . It keeps the game and the world alife!

Just now, Xentera.4560 said:

I love how everyone conveniently forgot the simple fact that 2 out of 8 options for weeklies and jumping puzzles.

I guess the JPs account for 25% of the PVE content in this game huh?

I have a question: Do you have all expansions?

Reason I ask is that I only have the Tribulation Caverns JP as a weekly. I'm wondering if the lack of expansions reduces the variety of weeklies.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

Which would be the correct response since the weekly does not require doing them all. Having options is a really good thing. if you don't one of them, it means it can be skipped at no cost

• Thanks 2

I have all expansion, and been playing since the first beta, and yes I absolutely loathe all forms of JPs.

5 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

I have a question: Do you have all expansions?

Reason I ask is that I only have the Tribulation Caverns JP as a weekly. I'm wondering if the lack of expansions reduces the variety of weeklies.

• Confused 6

I think they are okay. I mean: Weeklies! They are not dailies. (In dailies they seem to only put annoying "mini dungeons".) An easy task for people that can do them. (When they do not even take a long time. And you have the full week.) + there still might be mesmers available.

Since it is 8 you have and only 6 required also people with physical handicaps can enjoy the weekly chest and do the other 6 things and ignore 2 JPs. One at least should be in there - fore variety and because a lot of people like to to JPs and would be boref it there was just other more "stupid" content instead of them.

If we go by the logic of OP ... there would just have to be free rewards in the daily section (click = reward) cause everyone could say that they don't like certain content - demanding it to be removed. I remember the Dragon's End meta being in the weeklies ... that sure was annoying - and is the bigger problem. (People with EoD in their account were spammed with EoD stuff and get not much variety. Almost no HoT/PoF stuff. That seems to be fixed not though ... it seems.)

I also only have the Tribulation cavern - with all expansions and seasons unlocked and bought. Technically it is 2 (since you need to do the other one before it first) - but it would mean you miss only one (40 acclaim) and there is ton of acclaim. It also promts me to play a fractal. (I am okay with fractals since the first fractal rush back then. There might also be people that want to avoid those though.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Except that we don't have the same one anymore.

Depending on the extensions you own and the choice of modes (PvE, PvP, WvW), you have a completely different set of daily/weekly tasks. And thus different jumping puzzles or mini-dungeons.

I was relying on the dailies for finishing Mawdrey (Forsaken Fortune), I think I can just forget it...

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

i wonder if Obsidian Sanctum JP is in the rotation 😄 would be fun. Old memories!

Afaik it is (or at least was) for WvW selection - read threads about this I think. In one of the past weeks. I have not selected WvW. PvE only now and at the start I tried PvE/PvP.  I had my solo guild mission for OS one week later and did not notice when it was on weekly for the WvW guys. (Might have joined just for fun lol.) The thread(s) I read was ... I think about some guild with a name like "killing you in obsidian sanctum" or something like that. That tried to annoy people that wanted to do the weekly.

I do not enjoy jumping puzzles.  If they are a "must do" for anything, I just shrug my shoulders and move on.  I wait.  This is a game , not a job, lots of stuff to do, and activities to participate in.  You do not have to do the weekly/daily whatever - you won't die if you don't. Calm down!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, Xentera.4560 said:

I love how everyone conveniently forgot the simple fact that 2 out of 8 options for weeklies and jumping puzzles.

I guess the JPs account for 25% of the PVE content in this game huh?

I'm pretty sure a lot of players enjoy the fact that not all aspects of PvE content are equally represented in the weekly system.

Otherwise weekly raids when?

You said it yourself: the weekly system is supposed to cater to many players. Which it does thanks to more options than needed.

All you are doing is complain that it doesn't cater enough to your preference. Not much sympathy to be had there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

31 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

i wonder if Obsidian Sanctum JP is in the rotation 😄 would be fun. Old memories!

It is for WvW.  Had it the first week.  It's actually fun, except it has the same old d/c issue that is irksome in the middle of the puzzle.  

Why complain about the jumping puzzles when there are active mesmers helping port people and players who will guide?   I don't participate in strikes, but I have one on my list and it's fine.   For someone else they probably were happy to see it.  Skip it, move on.   

• Like 1