Jumping puzzles for weeklies again..

Xentera.4560

I don't care for JPs but I see no problem with having a JP in the weeklies.  I don't think there should ever be two JPs in the same week.  There should never be two of the same anything in the same week.

If someone doesn't want to try the JPs then they really don't have a choice.  They have to do all six of the six remaining options or give on the weekly reward for that week.  But people also need to keep in mind that there's probably a good chance that there are mesmer's porting people.  Might be less likely if it's a JP with checkpoints.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

They need to fix this asap, no one should be forced to play a content they don't want to

But.... no one is forcing you to do jumping puzzles.  Just.   Wow.

I hate them, too.  Here's my fix: I don't do them.  And -- I can keep playing the game doing things I would rather do than jumping puzzles!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Xentera.4560 said:

Aww the classic response of “if you don’t like them, don’t do them”

It's literally the appropriate response.

You don't like to do something in the game? Don't do it. Noone forces you to do it.

For example, I despise the Wizard's Toilet in its entirety, so I don't do it.

3 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

maybe we should think about an actually solution so everyone can be happy?

Why should we think about that, if the game already presents us with two solutions?

1) Do other weeklies instead.

2) Use a Teleport to Friend.

But the dailies and weeklies need more choices, like there were in the previous daily system.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Xentera.4560 said:

I strongly believe choosing jumping puzzles for weeklies in the first place is a terrible idea.

It was in the daily before xD

Don't know how it is now, but when it was daily you go to the map and there was already a commander porting the people who didn't want or could do it themselves.

3 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

i wonder if Obsidian Sanctum JP is in the rotation

Yeah it is. The others too. I prefer the OS JP because I can be ported to completion, while for the others I need to get the keys myself (if I can be brothered to do them at all).

• Thanks 1

It's unfortunate that most people's responses are essentially 'git gud' because I 100% understand this as an issue. I personally love JPs, but I get that for a lot of players it's really hard, even a roadblock, and locking weeklies behind challenging content does seem unfair. My Dad is really bad at JPs, so much so that I hopped on his account to help him get through the ones for Chuka and Champawat. Obviously, most people don't have that option.

I'm not sure how it is now, but the old daily system always had 1-3 Mesmers porting people at the daily JP, so while that doesn't fix the problem of 'required' (not technically but you get my point) JPs, it does make them more accessible to people that have a lot of difficulty. 

Because JPs are such a big aspect of the challenge section of the game, I doubt Anet will take them out of rotation.

Edited by Tazzy.1658
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

42 minutes ago, Tazzy.1658 said:

It's unfortunate that most people's responses are essentially 'git gud' because I 100% understand this as an issue. I personally love JPs, but I get that for a lot of players it's really hard, even a roadblock, and locking weeklies behind challenging content does seem unfair. My Dad is really bad at JPs, so much so that I hopped on his account to help him get through the ones for Chuka and Champawat. Obviously, most people don't have that option.

I'm not sure how it is now, but the old daily system always had 1-3 Mesmers porting people at the daily JP, so while that doesn't fix the problem of 'required' (not technically but you get my point) JPs, it does make them more accessible to people that have a lot of difficulty. 

Because JPs are such a big aspect of the challenge section of the game, I doubt Anet will take them out of rotation.

People are regularly porting.  OP can check LFG, ask on maps, make their own LFG need help group.  Nothing has changed in this respect...there is always someone else with the same daily/weekly.  

You're not going to like every single weekly.  Also which two puzzles were they out of curiosity on difficultly/time involved/ease of getting a port or teleport to a friend?

45 minutes ago, Tazzy.1658 said:

It's unfortunate that most people's responses are essentially 'git gud' because I 100% understand this as an issue.

Are they, though?  Are most responses 'git gud' or, more simply, don't do the content if you don't like it?  There are more than enough things to do in a week where one does not need to engage in jumping puzzles if they don't like them.  Or, one could simply skip that week.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Tazzy.1658 said:

It's unfortunate that most people's responses are essentially 'git gud'

No, most responses are if you dont like them dont do it. You have 2 extra weekly tasks to complete the chest. And even without that the wv showers you with rewards. I dont do dailies every day, dont complete all weeklies and have most of the new specials left to do and still got pretty much everything I wanted and more already. Season is still long.

I really like the weeklies. Dailies are meh but weeklies are great. And no they shouldnt be another meanial task. Jps are definitely appropriate.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tazzy.1658 said:

because I 100% understand this as an issue. I personally love JPs, but I get that for a lot of players it's really hard, even a roadblock,

I'm someone who dislikes jump puzzles because I can't see/estimate the distance well on a 2D monitor. Then when you add textures that obscure the edges, I fail very often (I had 15 failed attempts today to reach the blue catmander in wvw, until a bystander took pity and ported me). But without the jp dailys, in the old system, I wouldn't have been able to make as many jp for the collection achievement. Those dailies were the only reason I got it the easy way, through a port.

Many thanks to Pink.

And those jp dailies were also perfect to watch pros how to get around all the hassle with Skyscale. 😄
(sometimes the Bunny is enough)

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

i wonder if Obsidian Sanctum JP is in the rotation 😄 would be fun. Old memories!

It is. And this week it's Emerald Sanctum or Sapphire Sanctum. I have that in addition to the Grendich Gamble - which is easy. Contemplating doing an alpine one. The disadvantage is, as in OS, that your participation decays while you do the JP.

What amazes me more is the fact that for the entirety of the weekly last week, with the Caledon JP, there was always someone you could tp2friend to. 
You can pick another weekly, or use a tp2friend to have superfast completion on this one.

If the content would be "your MUST complete jp and you MUST do it on your own" then that would be a different problem but you have options to ignore or bypass

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Core tyria JP are almost fine, i guess 95% of them have a skip tutorials to use with skyscale/mounts, or are just regular jump stuff.

the "skip protected" JP's are from xpacs and Living World.

The current weekly JP if you select all PvE in Dredgehaunt Cliffs can be skipped with Skyscale. North from the way point where the rockface does the 90° angle inwards, the hole in the invisible wall is right above the highest part of the cliff, looking South. 

I like jumping puzzles, and I like the prompt to go and do them, especially if it happens to be one I haven't done in a while. Personally I much prefer it to things like "Kill 100 of a specific enemy type". With that one either it's completed by chance because I happen to spend enough time in the right area/s, in which case it's not adding anything and I'm likely to forget about it before and after collecting the reward or I have to go out of my way to hunt for the right enemies which quickly gets boring. It's very rare that it makes me go "hey a fun way to complete that would be..." and that's usually when I can combine it with other weekly achievements like when we had 'kill 100 mordrem', 'complete 10 events' and something else...killing champions I think, all in the same week so I did Dragon's Stand.

At least jumping puzzles are quick even if you don't like them. Very quick if you can find someone to portal you to the end, I'm not sure if there's an NA equivalent but on EU there's a guild of mesmers, [PINK], specifically for this purpose.

But as other people have pointed out you don't have to do the jumping puzzles because there's more than enough options to choose from. They could never get a list which absolutely everyone will agree on because different players like doing different things, and yes that includes people who like doing jumping puzzles and appreciate having them included.

• Like 1

Nah its ok with jp's in weekly, i like them but if i dont want to do it, i just tp on chest with tp to friend!
Yesterday i saw at least 6 people in lfg saying they were at the end of the jp's!
This week i have either blue or green alpine border jp and im on red side! People saying they getting ganked because enemies waiting for them at the jp!
if i cant do it, its ok, i will skip!!

Edited by alteriel valie.4751
  • Like 1

While I agree with the general sentiment being expressed here that alternatives do exist for those who dislike and/or struggle with JPs, I can't really recommend the use of T2Fs to bypass them. Those things are a precious commodity, especially given that they aren't currently available in the vault. I find myself being quite stingy with their use these days, and would only use them on a JP such as Old Kaineng, where I could park an alt.

5 minutes ago, Beleron.9347 said:

While I agree with the general sentiment being expressed here that alternatives do exist for those who dislike and/or struggle with JPs, I can't really recommend the use of T2Fs to bypass them. Those things are a precious commodity, especially given that they aren't currently available in the vault. I find myself being quite stingy with their use these days, and would only use them on a JP such as Old Kaineng, where I could park an alt.

Usually Mesmers are at most Jump Puzzles, so using Teleports to Friends should just be a last resort.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:52 AM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

but instead of complaining and arguing what people like or dont like, maybe we should think about an actually solution so everyone can be happy?

How about you can reroll one Weekly Quest of your choice and you get a new one(from different categorie)? 

I like how that idea sounds, other games do 1/3 of daily/weekly quests being rerollable

4 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

As long as it's not Chalice of Tears or Searing Ascent it's pefectly fine. We only need to do 6 weeklies out of 8.

Well Chalice of Tears is really fun if done in groups. It's really a nice team endeavour and it would be a good chance for the players that are not able or want to do it by themselves and missed the legendary amulet release when everyone was doing it.