Make Gift of Battle avaliable in PvE

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

It is. So they have to make completely new legendary weapons with new design and animations just because some PvE players are too lazy to spend 4 hours in WvW to get the gift of Battle? What a ridiculous suggestion. 

I don't know in which reality you live or which game you are playing.  But they just are going to do new legendary armor that also has new skins. Not like making some new skins is a ton of work where they'd have to cut down on other resources. And weapons should be easier than armor + that stuff can be a selling point therefore interesting for them to create.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I don't know in which reality you live or which game you are playing.  But they just are going to do new legendary armor that also has new skins. Not like making some new skins is a ton of work where they'd have to cut down on other resources. And weapons should be easier than armor + that stuff can be a selling point therefore interesting for them to create.

You must be new in this game. It took them a very long time to release all the gen2 legendary weapons and the variants of the gen3 weapons. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

You must be new in this game. It took them a very long time to release all the gen2 legendary weapons and the variants of the gen3 weapons. 

I am not that new. But it seemy you are not playing too long. 😄 They did not take long to release the weapons cause it was a lot of work to create some skins - but because of other reasons.

The typical reasoning against changes here seems though:  "I want to be worth somethign that is why I got legendary weapons in GW2. They should not be made easier to obtain. Otherwise they will have a lower value. I will also be worth less cause they can't be used for bragging as anymore as good as before not that they area easier available.)"

Does it make sense to discuss further with such people? I do not think so. Luckily there is a block list for people that get tooo obnoxious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

3 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

9 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

I am not that new. But it seemy you are not playing too long. 😄 They did not take long to release the weapons cause it was a lot of work to create some skins - but because of other reasons.

I play since launch. Then please tell me what the reasons were. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SentriX.3209 said:

Then remove Hearts from Gift of Exploration or make them repeatable account-wide so once you're done with them you don't have to touch that kitten ever again. They're the most tedious part in making any G1 Legendary.

Good for you then, that you do not have to do the hearts.

After all, you don't have to get a legendary weapon.

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

It is. So they have to make completely new legendary weapons with new design and animations just because some PvE players are too lazy to spend 4 hours in WvW to get the gift of Battle? What a ridiculous suggestion. 

If they ever made PvE-only Legendary weapons, I'd only accept them, if they used already-existing garbage skins.

If they can't do as little as bother touching WvW for a handful of hours, they don't deserve a fancy weapon skin.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

That would not be a good idea. Since then people just might be semi-afk in WvW getting 5 GoB and then trading them - instead of getting the gift of exploration the normal way. (At least I might do that. :D) Capping a camp every 10 minutes while also doing other stuff in real life or alt-tabbing out of the game - is pretty relaxing. 😄

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The best solution would be to add a PvE-only legendary weapon set that does not require GoB at all. With this they could keep everyone happy. The people who would like to see other options to get the GoB ... don't need this anymore. They can just get another legendary weapon from another set. And the people that want WvW to exclusively have the GoB (not even wanting it to be allowed to be obtained with PvP) can be happy as well. Still exclusive to WvW and if someone wants those skins they would need to do WvW.

The other weapons would just be different skins. Since they seem to make a lot of stuff easier to obtain ... it would not be weird to see changes in that direction. For the people that did not want raiding there was already the option to do WvW or PvP for the legendary armor. Now you can get it completely with open world. (Which means: They recognized the fear of WvW by not replacing it with raids. They could do the same for weapons - a set where they recognize the fear of WvW - or people just being bored there - making a different way to obtain the weapon that does not require it ... while also not enforcing raids. Just pure open world stuff. Might be a thing for the next expansion.)

lol have you seen the reaction to the PvE only armor? Given a way to do things without raids, WvW or PvP and now are whining even harder

• Like 6

Ehh this is beyond silly at this point. I used to agree that other modes for a legendary was a useful requirement, and not too much to ask. Now the only thing the studio supports is PVE.

Nothing but spite is driving this now, just let it go. The same tired bitter arguments, smh.

Edited by Hashberry.4510
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Good for you then, that you do not have to do the hearts.

After all, you don't have to get a legendary weapon.

If they ever made PvE-only Legendary weapons, I'd only accept them, if they used already-existing garbage skins.

If they can't do as little as bother touching WvW for a handful of hours, they don't deserve a fancy weapon skin.

Yea Hearts are so fun to do...so much so that they removed them rofl.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Even if that's the case, it's hardly enough to significantly impact the game's economy.

Before SotO: Bolt costs me about 1300 gold to craft. Or I could order it for 1800 gold or buy it for 2100 gold from tp.
After SotO: Order it for 1300 gold or buy it for 1500 gold from tp. (or craft it for about 650 gold with the support chest)

Didn't check the other weapons from the choice chest since Bolt was the only one from them that I crafted before.

https://i.postimg.cc/c4xVN0FW/firefox-2023-09-19-18-48-36.png

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

It makes them not-legendary from the perspective of the ease in getting them.

In your opinion. Not that you'll ever know how all the legendaries you see people wield have been made. You certainly can't tell from looking at them and there's nothing different about them either. So this idea lives solely inside your head. There's nothing tangible to or definitive about it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Before SotO: Bolt costs me about 1300 gold to craft. Or I could order it for 1800 gold or buy it for 2100 gold from tp.
After SotO: Order it for 1300 gold or buy it for 1500 gold from tp. (or craft it for about 650 gold with the support chest)

Didn't check the other weapons from the choice chest since Bolt was the only one from them that I crafted before.

So the price of some gen 1 legendaries is lower now. First of all, that would have happened anyway. In fact, it was already much lower than 5 years ago, and that was lower than 10 years ago. The more of an item there is, the cheaper it will become. As for the various amounts of gold you mention, even 650G is a lot of gold for a lot of people, that they won't have lying around or are able to collect quickly. And finally, I was talking about the impact on the economy, not the impact on the individual weapons' prices on the TP. The economy as a whole will remain largely unaffected. Some prices might even go up, like materials needed to craft the rest of what you need to make the legendary, because more people might now make one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Bolt still costs ~1150 gold to craft now without the chest. Keep in mind that the chest is only for a single Legendary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

So the price of some gen 1 legendaries is lower now. First of all, that would have happened anyway. In fact, it was already much lower than 5 years ago, and that was lower than 10 years ago.

Actually, seeing its complete price history, that isn't true.
5 years ago (2018) it was between 2.4k and 2.8k and 10 years ago (2013, at release) it was between 1.7k and 3.6k.

Two things you'd notice, a sudden spike up to 6k in 2020 and a sudden drop to 1.5k in 2023.

Well I don't know what caused the sudden spike (looks like an error in the collected data) but I know what caused the sudden drop, which didn't recover yet. It shows a before and an after event.

Another leg. weapon I crafted was Dreamer. That one isn't in the box. SotO had no effect on its price (it raised a little but that's just within the usual up and down)

It's so confusing to me how some of you have literally zero value for your time.

This isn't real life. This isn't a job. This is a video game. Video games are meant as entertainment. They are meant to be fun. And you somehow want to tell me that there's nothing wrong with forcing me to do something I don't want to do for hours on end, in order to achieve the most prestigious items in the game? I spend enough of my time doing things I don't want to during my work day, I don't need to do it here as well. I couldn't care less about PvP or WvW. They aren't fun game modes to me. Plenty of people enjoy them and all the power to them for that, but that's not me.

This requirement doesn't benefit anyone. I'm not actively participating in either of those communities because I'm forced to spend hours there. My being there doesn't help out the server, nor does it improve the experience for anyone else. What it does, is waste my time on something I didn't want to do in the first place. Nobody wins here. And somehow you all seem to think that's okay? Is this the classic "I had to suffer, so you have to suffer too" scenario, or what exactly is the reasoning here, because there is no logic to that ideology.

The same is the case for forcing the PvP/WvW communities into PvE - It's just pointless, arbitrary inflation of player numbers in less active game modes.

Working hard for something is fine, but being forced to do things that aren't fun because it's "prestiguous" is insane.

Any gift should have been earnable in any game mode from the start. Just make up a task of equal effort. Making people play something they do not enjoy is not, and should not be, considered effort.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sawyer.4127 said:

This isn't real life. This isn't a job. This is a video game. Video games are meant as entertainment. They are meant to be fun. And you somehow want to tell me that there's nothing wrong with forcing me to do something I don't want to do for hours on end, in order to achieve the most prestigious items in the game? I spend enough of my time doing things I don't want to during my work day, I don't need to do it here as well. I couldn't care less about PvP or WvW. They aren't fun game modes to me. Plenty of people enjoy them and all the power to them for that, but that's not me.

Yes, the most prestigious items in the game should require effort. The removal of effort means they are no longer prestigious.

It is not compulsory to have a legendary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3