Make an Option to Trade the Legendary Kit for Gift of Battle. WvW is unplayable in 2023 :(

WaifuJanna.9108

Hey there, i wanted craft legendary weapon, then i realise its almost impossible to get Gift of Battle. i Spend over 20 hours in several WvW maps and didnt got anything. (Couldnt finish a single event)

Option 1) There is no one on the map on your side, you just get killed

Option 2) There are only mount players on your side, so its impossible to follow, You always come to late to any event or any spot

Back at release everyone had a fair chance in WvW, you made Swiftness trains and rushed arround the map. Nowdays you cannot play WvW without the mount, and to get the Mount you need to play WvW. But you can't cause everyone just outruns you. Even with Quickness and Swiftness on you.

This is the most frustrating experience i ever had in gw2 so far.

Edited by WaifuJanna.9108
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 36
  • Sad 2

Running alongside the mount gets you a buff that allows you to run at the exact same speed, without Swiftness or Quickness involved.

Mounts can leap forward twice for every full stamina bar but you can still keep up with certain skills depending on your class.

Your assertions are simply not factual, rather they are subjective and biased.

Even if you must have the Warclaw before you feel able to be involved in WvW, then you should unlock it before you pursue the Gift of Battle.

It does not take as long as you suppose.

Edited by Mimizu.7340
spelling
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5

They should really just be giving the basic warclaw to everyone these days. It's an absolute requirement for playing WVW. I' m sure the usual moaners will say "I had to pay for it and so should everyone else" but then they need to suggest a sensible way of getting people involved. Maybe don't allow all the skills until collection has been done.
Running alongside the mount does not work. Once you get left behind you're lost. If you die and have to get back on your own, you can't. And if you make your build all about running quickly, you're less useful for anything else.

• Like 4
  • Confused 12

6 minutes ago, Mimizu.7340 said:

Running alongside the mount gets you a buff that allows you to run at the exact same speed, without Swiftness or Quickness involved.

Mounts can leap forward twice for every full stamina bar but you can still keep up with certain skills depending on your class.

Your assertions are simply not factual, rather they are subjective and biased.

Even if you must have the Warclaw before you feel able to be involved in WvW, then you should unlock it before you pursue the Gift of Battle.

It does not take as long as you suppose.

i tried that, but never got the buff, the guy just runs away..

Also what server are you on, maybe its worth to transfer the main-server just to get the gift of battle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

i tried that, but never got the buff, the guy just runs away..

Also what server are you on, maybe its worth to transfer the main-server just to get the gift of battle.

I play WvW on the Underworld EU server. 

Whatever server you are on, ask in Team chat (rather than Map chat) for help in getting your Warclaw/Gift of Battle reward track completed.

Join open Squads by clicking on Commander icons, ask for an invite to closed squads, follow the crowd for an easier time.

Every single WvWer has been in your position and many will be willing to assist.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

As someone who has done 40+ legendaries, and does not actively enjoy wvw, gift of battle is not hard to get. It just takes time. You can get one easily within a week as long as you can dedicate a few hours each day. Use as many boosters as you can, and it goes quicker. Skill doesn’t matter as you can just flip camps every 10 minutes. Or, if you don’t like sitting around, find someone who is leading a zerg, and the time passes quicker.

I don’t agree that making this available elsewhere is the way to go. If you take it away exclusive to wvw, you don’t get new players trying it out. If you are at the point end game that you need one of these, who knows, some people may even enjoy getting into it when before they had no idea it even existed. It helps the game mode.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Only 30 posts and already trying to be the new queen of bad takes. 

Impressive. 

Anyway, sounds like a you problem to me. 

You need to communicate with people in Wvw. I know that's hard to understand for PvE players that never needed to talk to someone in an MMO before. 

Also, mounts give movement speed to players next to them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

Hey there, i wanted craft legendary weapon, then i realise its almost impossible to get Gift of Battle. i Spend over 20 hours in several WvW maps and didnt got anything. (Couldnt finish a single event)

Option 1) There is no one on the map on your side, you just get killed

Option 2) There are only mount players on your side, so its impossible to follow, You always come to late to any event or any spot

Back at release everyone had a fair chance in WvW, you made Swiftness trains and rushed arround the map. Nowdays you cannot play WvW without the mount, and to get the Mount you need to play WvW. But you can't cause everyone just outruns you. Even with Quickness and Swiftness on you.

This is the most frustrating experience i ever had in gw2 so far.

What you are saying here is of course nonsense, as many people have helpfully explained to you. The opposite is true, it has never been easier or faster to make a GoB than it is right now, track reward is literally flying ahead. There are many guilds that are preparing and recruiting new members for upcoming alliances, I'm sure they will be accepting newbies, go ahead, wvw has its problems but for me it's still the most fun mode in the game 😉

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Loctar.3987 said:

What you are saying here is of course nonsense, as many people have helpfully explained to you. The opposite is true, it has never been easier or faster to make a GoB than it is right now, track reward is literally flying ahead. There are many guilds that are preparing and recruiting new members for upcoming alliances, I'm sure they will be accepting newbies, go ahead, wvw has its problems but for me it's still the most fun mode in the game 😉

This. Joining an established WvW guild is by far the easiest way to get the warclaw and/or GoB. Many of them are actively recruiting players of any level

Joining a guild is not required by any means, it just simplify your life. You are much much harder to kill when you have 25 experienced players on your side.

• Like 4

So update. i figured out how to get "decent" wvw points for the gift.. But this is extremely grindy and not casual friendly at all...

Basically it scales exponentially.

If you play only 1 hour WvW but every day, you almost get nothing, cause you get like maximum 25 points every 5 minutes.

If you play 3 Hours stack up points, and then continue half afk playing so the rank doesnt reset you get 195 points every 5 minutes...

And now you need run full buffs to get like 300 points+ every 5 min. and bless no one kills you, and your capture target is always up, so you can semi-afk stay in your ranking...

Very toxic design. You literally have to "pre-work" up to the maximum stage so you get decent points.. and then you can start playing..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12

7 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

Back at release everyone had a fair chance in WvW

You also had to do WvW map completion for the Gift of Exploration and could be stuck for months if your server never moved up or down in rank and was unable to capture certain objectives whenever you were online.  Yikes.  Bad comparison.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

So update. i figured out how to get "decent" wvw points for the gift.. But this is extremely grindy and not casual friendly at all...

If you play only 1 hour WvW but every day, you almost get nothing, cause you get like maximum 25 points every 5 minutes.

If you play 3 Hours stack up points, and then continue half afk playing so the rank doesnt reset you get 195 points every 5 minutes...

And now you need run full buffs to get like 300 points+ every 5 min. and bless no one kills you, and your capture target is always up, so you can semi-afk stay in your ranking...

Very toxic design. You literally have to "pre-work" up to the maximum stage so you get decent points.. and then you can start playing..

so we've gotten to the heart of the problem. you don't have a rudimentary understanding of how WvW works. which is fine, everyone had to learn it. but instead of learning, you write on the forum and try to find a crutch because of your own laziness. i recommend watching videos on youtube, there are plenty of them. by the way, i noticed that you (probably on purpose) didn't respond to any of the arguments here.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

You can literally get to t6 participation in one zerg fight. Then cruise the rest of the way by afking and capping a camp every 10 mins to keep it at t6.

The track now takes like half the time less than 4 hours to complete now, with the change to daily potions taken out but those in the skirmish track boosted.

Run birthday booster, guild buff, enrichment infusion.

Why are you afraid of enemy killing you? are you afraid of npcs killing you too? If you die, respawn, go about your business, you lose nothing from it, you maybe gain some knowledge on how to deal with that situation next time. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

Well, I am glad you figured out how participation works in WvW. But once you have reached T6 participation (pips start after T3, that's why you probably did not get anything previously), that does not decline again, unless you AFK a long time at spawn. Once at T6 you can focus on the small tasks, that recharge the timer to 5min (like Shrines, Sentries and Dolyaks). Just please try to participate in the game mode once you leave the safe zone of spawn, because the WvW players would like to have allies, not people that teleport to base once an enemy is in sight and turn 3vs3 fight suddenly in 3vs1, because someone is afraid to fight once in a while.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Loctar.3987 said:

so we've gotten to the heart of the problem. you don't have a rudimentary understanding of how WvW works. which is fine, everyone had to learn it. but instead of learning, you write on the forum and try to find a crutch because of your own laziness. i recommend watching videos on youtube, there are plenty of them. by the way, i noticed that you (probably on purpose) didn't respond to any of the arguments here.

if you need to watch a minmaxer guide, in an casual mmorpg like gw2.. thats kinda bad design.

join wvw, play normal, have fun, get reward. thats how it should work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

if you need to watch a minmaxer guide, in an casual mmorpg like gw2.. thats kinda bad design.

join wvw, play normal, have fun, get reward. thats how it should work.

join wvw, play normal, have fun, get reward. thats how it should work -------------> that's how we all do it and it works, you guys who don't even have a few hours of knowledge just have to see how what works, although I have a feeling you don't want to learn something, your goal is to get what you need without any effort, this is the right design to suit you  😉 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Gift of battle farmers got solid buffs this year, spend a while in wvw just flipping camps if you're bad till you have the diamond chest and you'll be getting a GoB every 4 hours, or 2 with  boosters, wvw is not unplayable and you'll probably just want to target objectives that are still coming off of RI (the effect that prevents capture) so that it doesn't matter if people get there 5 years before you or run with a zerg like everyone else is saying

• Like 2