WvW Rush Bonus Event

Brangwen Liana.5632

12 minutes ago, Brangwen Liana.5632 said:

Having a bonus event is awesome! Does this mean since one of the rewards are skirmish tickets that you have removed the cap on how many skirmish tickets can be gotten during the rush week? 

Only the tickets from the skirmish chests are limited, because you won't get more from the repeatable diamond chests, I don't know about any cap on the other ticket sources, so no need to remove a non existing cap?

• Like 1

I went and dug through the wiki. 365 are available through pips. Another 90 are available through the weekly achieves. There used to be language about a cap for each week, but when I went and dug through the wiki I don't see that anymore. It looks like there isn't a cap anymore per se. That's good! Workon on leggie armor here and I need skirmish ticket's in abundance!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's just a normal wxp event, not sure why people calling it "rush event".

There's no cap on dropped tickets, that has nothing to do with the "rush event", that's just the normal objective scaling rewards, only ticket limitations are from the skirmish track and the weeklies.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Confused 4

31 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Can anyone tell me where I can find information on this event?

In-game. 😄

10 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

It's just a normal wxp event, not sure why people calling it "rush event".

Because it has achievements attached to it that you have only a week to finish?

I must say, it's a shame that the new "rushes" are no longer community-based events where everyone is working towards a common goal. But at least they give nice individual rewards.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

In-game. 😄

I must say, it's a shame that the new "rushes" are no longer community-based events where everyone is working towards a common goal. But at least they give nice individual rewards.

Thnx. I'm at work and couldn't find any information for this. I appreciate the response.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

In-game. 😄

Oh ok they have an actual rush week, never seen that before.

Then in that case yes it would be limited on tickets because it's once time achievements.

https://i.imgur.com/3IsywPI.jpg

sigh guess I have to break my break from wvw and do this...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Oh ok they have an actual rush week, never seen that before.

Then in that case yes it would be limited on tickets because it's once time achievements.

https://i.imgur.com/3IsywPI.jpg

Thnx for the screen cap.

1 minute ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

sigh guess I have to break my break from wvw and do this...

Similar here.
I took a break to finish SotO and haven't been back yet since my WvW character/build got broken with the expansion. I will have to figure out a new one that I can enjoy and jump in tonight then.

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Similar here.
I took a break to finish SotO and haven't been back yet since my WvW

Mmmmm not quite, I was on a gw2 break playing other stuff. 🤭

I was 1% hoping the balance patch would change some things, but of course it didn't. 😏

I suppose I should give them props for running a wvw event finally, so thank you Anet. (screen cap this it'll be another few years before they get me to say it again!)

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Mmmmm not quite, I was on a gw2 break playing other stuff. 🤭

I was 1% hoping the balance patch would change some things, but of course it didn't. 😏

I suppose I should give them props for running a wvw event finally, so thank you Anet. (screen cap this it'll be another few years before they get me to say it again!)

Similar insomuch as the break. I wasn't presuming anything/reason from your end. I have been enjoying BG3 though.

• Confused 1

I'm kinda annoyed. Worked so well to get - despite queues - in a map and even do some keeps ... in the borderlands. (They mainly do keeps while in the EBG the keeps are defended and it is only about towers and SM.) When - after some super long queue - I finally joined EBG (and had seen on map while checking earlier that SM changed owners regularly) ... for 1-2 hours we could not take SM.

I also wanna do the SM part - though maxing the achievement with only the other parts it possible as well. 😄 Why can't people just "cap to lose to recap" during such an event?

• Confused 4

5 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

... in the borderlands. (They mainly do keeps while in the EBG the keeps are defended and it is only about towers and SM.)

EBG and DBL play more as three sided maps where as ABLs turn more often into 2 v 1 due to the design. So yeah if you are looking to capture keeps, ABL is one of your better bets. In EBG its a matter of following the flow of the map and use SMC as a guide line on who to 2 v 1. Rule #2, attack the side that holds SMC else you risk a side ranking it up and fortifying it. If you leave a side to gain a waypoint in it you risk that side being able to hit the other two with ease.

SMC is also the most lucrative defense event in the wvw, no point just giving it up without a fight.

There's ebbs and flows to wvw population, one hour you could try to cap it multiple times from a map blob, next hour you could easily cap it with 5 people defending it. Just be patient, it's a week long event anyways and you only need 1 cap. And yes I experienced the same thing yesterday, logged into ebg for like 30mins our side kept attacking but defenders had a map blob, I left to do stuff on home, and saw smc flip a couple times after. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1