New Rift Events Not Counting Toward Achievement

Heibi.4251

Yep - same thing happened here. The weekly locations changed after the 9/26 patch. I get weekly credit from Iron Marches for example (3/5), but the Rift Hunting achievement (T1/T2/T3) completed for Mount Malestrom while doing Iron Marches rifts. Someone in map chat stated that they were getting Mount Maelstrom for Bitterfrost but I didn't test that.

• Like 2

I completed Mount Maelstrom from doing T1, T2 and T3  rifts in Bitterfrost Frontier. And when i was in Verdant Brink i saw the chat was full of people claiming the same for Verdant Brink (unable to test that myself as i already  "completed" Mount Maelstrom). Looks like every weekly map (maybe except the SotO maps?) is linked to Mount Maelstrom?

yes , the same happend to me , did all 3 new maps , T3, T2 and T1 and none of them counted for Mater of the Rifts Achievement .  So the T2 and T3 Motivations were wasted, and they are pretty expensive , even when u craft them . Please fix it Anet

Edited by Ashturen.2561
  • Confused 1

So I saw in the game update notes thread a post by @Rubi Bayer.8493 which included:

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from earning progress toward the following achievements. Completing these achievements should now properly award progress toward the Master of the Rifts achievement:
    • Frostgorge Sound Rift Hunting
    • Ember Bay Rift Hunting
    • Iron Marches Rift Hunting
    • Verdant Brink Rift Hunting
    • Bitterfrost Frontier Rift Hunting

I just did a t1 rift though in Bitterfrost and still no progress. Has that patch not actually gone live? I didn't notice the client downloading an update on launch.