Question regarding wizard vault specials

Luranni.9470

Identifying transmutations charges as "Amazing" on the splash page kind of kills any interest in that particular video for me, lol.

But to each their own; there is a variety of rewards that should appease most users, I would guess.  I also have already selected the majority of rewards that appeal to me... I haven't done the math to know how empty the reward vault will be if I'm reasonably efficient before reset... It will be a little disappointing if I am left deciding between transmutation charges and tomes of knowledge with two weeks to go...

Would it make sense to have a timer/countdown somewhere within the Wizard's Vault tab to indicate when rewards would reset?  Might help with some planning, particularly as the reset gets closer...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Because I can make more than that with regular game play in open world.

How long does it take you to do the dailies and the weekly?

The vast majority of dailies and weeklies happen while doing other things in the open world, so there's no opportunity cost there. And the remaining can be knocked out very quickly, often while doing other rewarding things.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4

I assume the currently available special tasks will disappear and be replaced when the season ends, the same time the rewards will be updated. So if you don't do them before then the AA will be lost.

But it's worth bearing in mind that over time there will be pretty much infinite AA available (until they replace the system with something else, or GW2 shuts down) so even if you lose some of what's currently available it won't matter much in the long run. I think it's worth considering what you'd have to do to complete those tasks and what reward you'd get and deciding if it's a good use of your time.

If it's something you'd do anyway, something you think is fun or something that's minimal effort for you then it's probably worth doing even if you don't want the reward much. But if it's going to be annoying to complete the achievements and you don't want the reward it's probably better to spend your time on something else.

• Like 4

I have just seen, that Anet has added new specials to the WV. Although I'll take more AA, even if I have to spend it on stuff, just to clear my 1300 AA limit threshold, I am a bit confused about the amount of AA they are throwing at us via the specials. My initial thought was, specials stay the same the complete season and then change. Now, like out of nowhere, new specials seem to arrive with every patch. That feels more like a shady drug dealer giving you "discount drugs" than a bill your grandma puts in your pocket when she is coming over to coffee, because you have good grades (or play "grandma's expansion").

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

I have just seen, that Anet has added new specials to the WV. Although I'll take more AA, even if I have to spend it on stuff, just to clear my 1300 AA limit threshold, I am a bit confused about the amount of AA they are throwing at us via the specials. My initial thought was, specials stay the same the complete season and then change. Now, like out of nowhere, new specials seem to arrive with every patch. That feels more like a shady drug dealer giving you "discount drugs" than a bill your grandma puts in your pocket when she is coming over to coffee, because you have good grades (or play "grandma's expansion").

Yes, it does kind of throw the 'updated quarterly' concept into question, but... does it matter?  I guess if there is a compulsion for some users to HAVE to complete them, then it may cause some frustration, but ultimately it's just additional optional opportunity to generate more AA... So long of course as you're able to track the accumulation and spend on the fly... completing a special and then discovering that you only banked half the AA would also be frustrating... 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

I guess it means they aren't satisfied with SotO sales, i.e. percentage of active accounts having it. They increase the "See what you miss" with it.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Yeah, these are kind of weird. I'm guessing it's more of a bait to start people off with a new reward system. If they continue that in next "seasons", it feels like a bit too much gold thrown into the system. Then again, I don't see the relevant stats, anet does 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1