[Expansion content idea] Mini games

Just food for thought, I really liked mini games in a certain korean 2d mmorpg (not sure if it goes against the forum rules to post about other games), they had omok, uno, a memory game, etc...

Part of the content of a new expansion could be mini games, in which you can spend time with other people...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, pbalint.1607 said:

Just food for thought, I really liked mini games in a certain korean 2d mmorpg (not sure if it goes against the forum rules to post about other games), they had omok, uno, a memory game, etc...

Part of the content of a new expansion could be mini games, in which you can spend time with other people...

This , or "Mario Party" minigames where the system chooses 10 people and then a dice is rolled and the sysem ask you to go in a specific map  to do 1x  event to increase the chance for the minigame reward that will be played after 5 min , other wise theres a chance to get "self-debuff card (-10% mbility in the minigame , or 5% chance to be 2 sec blinted vs a shooting/repel ball game)

After the 1st event ,  a bonus event will be shown in the map , that will offer you a "random misscevious card to be used vs the oponets (mario card blue shell //heavy rain - once)"

(i dont belivve that we can shoot a gigantic Jenga tower, all the people in the same time right , or force it to drop away from our "tiny pig house "?

Or Jenga tower , (where it doesnt fall) but parts get dissapera when people shoot it , and some other people try to climb as fast as posible

Or Five Nights in Frenties game -  "The castle of takeshi"  ) )

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, pbalint.1607 said:

You're allowed to talk about other games, including mentioning them by name. It's just that the post and the topic still has to be about GW2. So what you did here is fine, but for example you couldn't start a topic asking which of another game's mini games everyone likes best.

GW2 does have mini games, mainly Adventures and Activities, which includes the 4 daily activities and also things like Costume Brawl and Belcher's Bluff that are started using items and can be played almost anywhere. There's also special ones only available during festivals. A lot of them are multi-player (either competitive or cooperative, or a bit of both for team games like Keg Brawl) but you can't always pick who you play with and against.

We get new adventures with each expansion and new activities occasionally, so I don't think what you want would need to be an expansion feature. It sounds like the main difference to the majority of existing mini games is you can choose who to play with or against, so it would probably need an item to start it, like Belcher's Bluff. (That would also mean you can play it wherever you are.)

I doubt they'll add anything more elaborate because GW1 had a collectible miniatures boardgame called Polymock and we've never gotten it in GW2 even though players keep asking. It's a bit like a board game version of Pokemon - you collect Polymock figures from different places round the game, and then pick 3 to compete against an opponent, trying to defeat their pieces before they defeat yours.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

This , or "Mario Party" minigames where the system chooses 10 people and then a dice is rolled and the sysem ask you to go in a specific map  to do 1x  event to increase the chance for the minigame reward that will be played after 5 min , other wise theres a chance to get "self-debuff card (-10% mbility in the minigame , or 5% chance to be 2 sec blinted vs a shooting/repel ball game)

After the 1st event ,  a bonus event will be shown in the map , that will offer you a "random misscevious card to be used vs the oponets (mario card blue shell //heavy rain - once)"

(i dont belivve that we can shoot a gigantic Jenga tower, all the people in the same time right , or force it to drop away from our "tiny pig house "?

Or Jenga tower , (where it doesnt fall) but parts get dissapera when people shoot it , and some other people try to climb as fast as posible

Or Five Nights in Frenties game -  "The castle of takeshi"  ) )

NO!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

NO!

Yes!

The other option is to put resources into WvW for the next expasnion (every quarter to change something , like different grass in every 1/4 of the map and ifpeople like to to put "arid wind" that removed boons (especially  Protection to help the Berseker players) and snow that limits mobility (helps the ranged ones) .

The the next expanion do something for PvP , to use assstes and copy other games mechanics .

Too bad that we cannot copy auto-lfg like other game , so i cannot help you there . Might change the LFG the way people wish to: " you cann see the listing like now , but you canot push the "join button"if you dont have 500li".Whats the worst thing that can happen ? New raiders wont be able to join ?

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You're allowed to talk about other games, including mentioning them by name. It's just that the post and the topic still has to be about GW2. So what you did here is fine, but for example you couldn't start a topic asking which of another game's mini games everyone likes best.

GW2 does have mini games, mainly Adventures and Activities, which includes the 4 daily activities and also things like Costume Brawl and Belcher's Bluff that are started using items and can be played almost anywhere. There's also special ones only available during festivals. A lot of them are multi-player (either competitive or cooperative, or a bit of both for team games like Keg Brawl) but you can't always pick who you play with and against.

We get new adventures with each expansion and new activities occasionally, so I don't think what you want would need to be an expansion feature. It sounds like the main difference to the majority of existing mini games is you can choose who to play with or against, so it would probably need an item to start it, like Belcher's Bluff. (That would also mean you can play it wherever you are.)

I doubt they'll add anything more elaborate because GW1 had a collectible miniatures boardgame called Polymock and we've never gotten it in GW2 even though players keep asking. It's a bit like a board game version of Pokemon - you collect Polymock figures from different places round the game, and then pick 3 to compete against an opponent, trying to defeat their pieces before they defeat yours.

Well, then:

Between grinding, it was refreshing to just chill out and play omok in Maplestory, maybe get to know your guildies better... (You would carry these with you as items, and grind for different tilesets)

Maybe have some fun with uno...

If ANet ever runs out of ideas, I don't think this would be the worst...

(Considering they already have an embedded browser as the TP UI, it could be implemented as an external app, maybe accessible over the main site/phone/whatever...)

Edited by pbalint.1607