Forced out of IP on game crash

Recently while attempting to do the dragon's end meta (You know, the one that takes forever to do, and if you can't get into an instance for it, even if you were already in it, you're basically suck out of luck?)

Game crashed during soo-won, and when I logged in, it put me in an empty instance.

Completely unacceptable.

This game needs to HOLD MY SPOT until I get back. If I'm gone for a time like, 15 minutes, that's fine. Drop it, then. but I was gone for 2 minutes, tops.

All of that hard work gone. Rewarded with nothing.

Edited by BenaSPACE.6028
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The game doesn't know if you're coming back and it would lock out other players from joining without having a "topped up" instance. 15 minutes is ridiculously long in this context.

It needs somekinda short window. GW2 is one of the fastest launching MMOs on the market (on an SSD) and crashes~ or even more annoying; the random instakicks to character selection for no reason at all, generally leave you outa game only for like 5-20 seconds. You shouldn't be hard-punished for such a short disconnect.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The game doesn't know if you're coming back and it would lock out other players from joining without having a "topped up" instance. 15 minutes is ridiculously long in this context.

15 minutes is perfectly reasonable. And the game should assume the best situation for the player. If they haven't specifically selected logging out, it should assume they'll be back. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, BenaSPACE.6028 said:

15 minutes is perfectly reasonable. And the game should assume the best situation for the player. If they haven't specifically selected logging out, it should assume they'll be back. 

I pretty much never "log out" when I stop playing nor do I use the option to "exit to desktop", so false. Any time I'm in an instance with active meta -and maybe in any way contribute to any of its events, even if that would be an additional requirement- and stop playing, the map would have 1 player less for probably rest of the meta. Then add other players who do the same. That's simply a bad idea and nothing about "15 minutes to come back" is reasonable here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Correon.2053 said:

Fast loading?

Is that why logging in Wizards Tower, Arborstone, Amnoon and many other expansion maps takes over a minute on SSD?

Not to mention loading on maps that are topped up for metas ....

There’s likely another variable there. My SSD takes maybe 10 secs on populated maps and my pc is a few years old