Mesmer gliding and mount-jumping from Citadel to enemy Garrison and porting people in - legit or an exploit?

Firefly.5982

Is a mesmer gliding from their Citadel to a little roof on the wall between Citadel and enemy Garrison, then gliding along that wall to the top outer wall ledge next to enemy Garrison, then mounting and mount-jumping from that wall ledge onto outer enemy Garrison wall, then porting their zerg directly to inner Garrison legit or an exploit?

Just looking for some clarification because I just witnessed this happen and it doesn't feel like an intended function of the game .-.

(Killed the mes the first time they tried it, they came back then disappeared when they saw me watching, then they came back again and did it again a bit later - guess they thought I had left.)

https://i.imgur.com/QbMcwXZ.jpg

Edited by Firefly.5982
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This way to get into Garri probably exists because we didn't use to have gliding/mounts and without those it wouldn't be possible.

There isn't a wall because it wasn't necessary. Now that it is, it was simply forgotten/not on anyone's mind.

Let's be honest...We all know we aren't supposed to get into objectives like this xD

I just want to know if it's allowed. Because if it is, everyone can do it and it's a fair(er) game.

If not, I won't bother reporting because I know nobody cares -shrug-

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bias.4306 said:

Gliders don't work in enemy territory?  How are they gliding in the garrison if you have control?

I haven't tried it yet after the post, but I am thinking that they are hugging the wall close enough that the game is considering that part of the map to be part of the HBL spawn and thereby the gliding player's territory. Pure speculation there mind you. If that is the case then there might be an easy fix by reducing the spawn point area of control let alone an invis wall or maybe even a Leggo Defender considered part of the Garri's control.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I haven't tried it yet after the post, but I am thinking that they are hugging the wall close enough that the game is considering that part of the map to be part of the HBL spawn and thereby the gliding player's territory.

I thought this too, but the borders closer to garri look like they were moved back.  I'm not sure how old that screenshot is or if that screenshot is what the OP actually witnessed.  Maybe the borders were moved already?  When I first read this thread I thought it was referencing the other JP from Citadel that allowed you to jump down into inner garri, but that required the use of a tonic or something.  Maybe what the OP witnessed was someone who found a way to combine the old JP with dropping down to that ledge just outside of the outer wall.

Edited by Chaba.5410

In general, it shouldn't work.  The zone for garrison is inside the back wall of citadel.  It may be that the height is the issue.  Taking the "high" road may be outside of the zone boundaries.   I have run along the lower ledges to get into garri to defend if there are enemies on the ground.  However, at the lower heights, if the enemy owns garri, you can't glide through to catch the first lower ledge--the birds will get ya (it's flipped on me while I was in the air).  And no, I would not cheat and use it to get into an enemy claimed garrison.

Edited by Svanhvit.4387
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I thought this too, but the borders closer to garri look like they were moved back.  I'm not sure how old that screenshot is or if that screenshot is what the OP actually witnessed.  Maybe the borders were moved already?  When I first read this thread I thought it was referencing the other JP from Citadel that allowed you to jump down into inner garri, but that required the use of a tonic or something.  Maybe what the OP witnessed was someone who found a way to combine the old JP with dropping down to that ledge just outside of the outer wall.

10 hours ago, Svanhvit.4387 said:

In general, it shouldn't work.  The zone for garrison is inside the back wall of citadel.  It may be that the height is the issue.  Taking the "high" road may be outside of the zone boundaries.   I have run along the lower ledges to get into garri to defend if there are enemies on the ground.  However, at the lower heights, if the enemy owns garri, you can't glide through to catch the first lower ledge--the birds will get ya (it's flipped on me while I was in the air).  And no, I would not cheat and use it to get into an enemy claimed garrison.

I am not certain if we are all mental. I don't even like ABL after all these years but it makes me curious on how/what/where.  Maybe we should all be less stubborn and remember how curiosity worked out for said cat. 🙂 

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2023 at 3:07 PM, Daredevil.2745 said:

Legit, many people use it to get inside and port people in. Especially at night when they don't have enought supplies for both outer and inner.

I think this feaute has been since day 1, all skilled mesmers use it. It hasn't been fixed for 10 years, that's why it is not an exploit.

And here I am doing catas on the double walls.

On 10/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

More years than not in fact.

I guess it's not an exploit unless Anet says it is, and they cannot at this stage say with any credibility that they are not at least aware of it.

Not sure there, I am only at 12K hours in WvW and I have never seen that one. It's not like they have 24x7 GM coverage on all servers and all maps.

29 minutes ago, Venport.3925 said:

ya this is hardly an exploit, espeically if they had control of the tower as well which is all you need to glide in these zones and if its their citadel then it "should" be their garrison 90% of the time, in which case its a non-issue.

lol, no this is actually the definition of exploit. Sure I skipped the register and just left with this stuff, someone else was holding the door open why is that my fault. Come on lol.

• Like 3