Oct 17 nerf :(

Mike.7983

42 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

It would have been a better weapon if the invuln ability applied an immob instead (forgot name), and damage across GS accordingly balanced to account for the more reliable application of 4-5. I like the animations of GS, but I can never play it because of the cumbersome low range and/or high broadcast, I never feel like 5 is going to land well (in 1v1's). Its why I much prefere mace/axe, they just flow better, the enemy is getting hit with a CC or weakness, almost garunteed. GS often has that RNG feel to it, high damage or no damage.

gs2, Mist unleashed? That would be nice indeed, since non vindicator specs with greatsword can use some extra sticking power when used

Edited by arazoth.7290
me stupid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

gs2, Mist unleashed? That would be nice indeed, since non vindicator specs with greatsword can use some extra sticking power when used

Yes thats the one, although on second thought, so many specs have a superspeed, a trait to remove immob on ability use, or resistance, rendering single immobs useless. But then you get ranger builds that spam immob stacks for no effort -gw2 😜 the arms race of less and less effort counter to counters.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2

That's why Power Herald still uses swords, greatsword lacks sticking power and is just way too clunky without quickness. I doubt they will ever give it immobilize, as off hand sword already does that. Yeah it's very stupid how superspeed is everywhere lately for almost free, Impossible Odds used to have it a while ago but you know, the devs and the community love hammering down high ceiling specs.

Speaking of greatsword, it's funny how Phantom's Onslaught (GS #3) has the same animation-mist effect as other revenant skills that give you evasion frames (Normal dodge, Unrelenting Assault, Phase Smash, Riposting Shadows, Surge of the Mists). Very likely that it was supposed to be an evade very early on, like even before the betas.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sereath.1428 said:

That's why Power Herald still uses swords, greatsword lacks sticking power and is just way too clunky without quickness. I doubt they will ever give it immobilize, as off hand sword already does that. Yeah it's very stupid how superspeed is everywhere lately for almost free, Impossible Odds used to have it a while ago but you know, the devs and the community love hammering down high ceiling specs.

Speaking of greatsword, it's funny how Phantom's Onslaught (GS #3) has the same animation-mist effect as other revenant skills that give you evasion frames (Normal dodge, Unrelenting Assault, Phase Smash, Riposting Shadows, Surge of the Mists). Very likely that it was supposed to be an evade very early on, like even before the betas.

I can imagine the complains putting an evade ln greatsword + staff off hand in pvp. Aside legends giving evade, this now would have 4 defenses 😂

8 hours ago, Sereath.1428 said:

I think it's just that the mist effect is a default for revenant movement skills. Some of the examples you list didn't always give evade frames IIRC.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:35 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

I can imagine the complains putting an evade ln greatsword + staff off hand in pvp. Aside legends giving evade, this now would have 4 defenses 😂

some builds really have that :] or close to it so... but still i think it would be the wrong direction.  😕

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...