GREAT Guardian patch notes

Balsa.3951

12 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

willbender is crazy broken in PvP and Wvw roaming, stop crying.

Crazy broken lol u mean in i can kill willbender with core and dh even. Cant remember lasttime i saw a willbender in pvp and thought ufff i better be careful

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, Axelteas.7192 said:

Is fairly good in WvW roaming since can enter, hit hard and if the things go wrong oftenly can leave and flee, since much of the tragets can't chase him or keep the pressure at range, so essentially works like Thief builds minus the stealth, so is fair.

In PvP is a bit squishy tho. Yes, good burst, good mobility, but you won't overcome bruisers and in teamfights you delete and get deleted at the same speed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/18/2023 at 9:05 PM, Axelteas.7192 said:

Patch after patch for years it doesn’t get buffed or nerfed because it’s well balanced.

At some point you’ll need to accept that you’re just bad. Try spending more time practicing to play the game and less time whining on the forums.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

13 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Patch after patch for years it doesn’t get buffed or nerfed because it’s well balanced.

At some point you’ll need to accept that you’re just bad. Try spending more time practicing to play the game and less time whining on the forums.

at some point we may must accept we are strangers and u know nada about me.

im capable of reach platnium with Guard

doesn't change the fact that class dh got nerfed and that Guard play style is extremely limited now

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

at some point we may must accept we are strangers and u know nada about me.

im capable of reach platnium with Guard

doesn't change the fact that class dh got nerfed and that Guard play style is extremely limited now

My friend, they didn't even quote you, I do not believe they even disagree with you, or partially directed the message at you.

And as far as I am concerned, both of you are correct, Guardian just feels bad to play and is akin to Warrior (tho less harsh) in the way it feels like its still 2012 in playstyle.
But, it has been allowed to have good numbers, which forces it to stay relevant in the meta, so the devs refuse to give Guardians meaningful QoL and proper adjustment, because it is a stable, safe, kinda balanced, and unfortunately stale class overall atm.
The way WB functions is also extremely toxic game design, very anti-noob with the mobility and dmg that lower skilled players cannot counter properly, hence why WB gets a lot of hate. At the same time, skilled players acknowledge that WB is actually somewhat balanced, because of its inherent flaws that have been discussed many times before.

Ive said in other threads before, and I will say the same again.
Balance out the utility discrepancy between FB and other Support specs, and give it more self agency, makes it less dominant in WvW and better in sPvP.
Tone down the self-boons(cut base durations)/dmg (15~20% is good) of WB, give it better group utility, rework its Physical skills to not be garbage, so that it can actually be used in non-niche PvE content and less noob-stomping in WvW, while improving the skill ceiling for sPvP so ppl like Saiyan can get creative.
Make DH a proper ranged class by reworking its traits/utilities so that it can proc Resolution without needing to have a GS on swap.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...

Meh nerfs:

Nerf to valor trait-line.  Removing Strength in Numbers for a lesser-litany does not entice dps guardians to pick this trait-line. 

Miniscule changes to FB; It's still bugged so even if this was fixed, it'll do nothing.

WB changes are nothing; no one takes Conceited Curate or Roiling Light.

DH buffs are nice but they're just number changes, this does nothing to the clunky style that is DH.

Hammer changes are nice but not enough.  Mighty blow needs a slight increase in range, zealot's embrace still has tracking issues, banish is still difficult to land and ring of warding needs to be castable while moving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/18/2023 at 2:32 PM, GamerToad.9248 said:

Bruh everyone got nerf but the willbender that everyone and their dog are playing didn't get nerfed.... you guys complain too much even though you all are favored by the devs historically.

Being stuck playing the support core guard role in competitive games since 2012 is not favoritism 😕

And not getting nerfed because we were already trash, does not make us feel any better lol.....

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1