upcoming relic... no golemancer... Starting to really dislike this relic system...

Zzik.5873

17 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Seeing how we have an "make your hero bigger" relic how about an make your self into an golem or sute up in an golem making you over all stronger and look like an golem. I do not think relic are going to have pets much like anet removed pets from sigils.

I dont want to be a golem, I want my summon pet back...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

10 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I really wish for an option of using no relics at all and using the old runesets instead. I got legendary runes configured as Divinity runes with a +10% health bonus and lost it.

Same, I got only disapointement and boredom out of the new relics system... like why did they didnt just slap it on top of everything, who care for power creep, the game is already overpower creep.

• Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

who care for power creep

Players care about power creep. You can still run around with a mech instead. Or if you want "your summon pet", pick one of many that ranger offers. Pet builds are still a thing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Players care about power creep. You can still run around with a mech instead. Or if you want "your summon pet", pick one of many that ranger offers. Pet builds are still a thing.

Was using the golemancer rune on my engi(mechanist) and the rog dog on my ranger... I lost both... So both my favorite build lost a friend. Dont forget, some people play game for fun and immersion. Is it a hard concept to understand that some people play a bit rp isssh in a mmoRPg? I would use the racial golem if it was not that god awefull crap.

Obviously I care a little about power creep, but not that much, its just a video game. I care about loosimg what I use to enjoy.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I could see that working if there were mechanical skins for ranger pets, and if rangers got access to more technological weapons. Until then it doesn't address player concerns about having a golem summon taken away from them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Was using the golemancer rune on my engi(mechanist) and the rog dog on my ranger... I lost both... So both my favorite build lost a friend. Dont forget, some people play game for fun and immersion. Is it a hard concept to understand that some people play a bit rp isssh in a mmoRPg?

Obviously I care a little about power creep, but not that much, its just a video game. I care about loosimg what I use to enjoy.

Great, balance happens, not the first, not the last time you used something and then... you did not. And by far it's not just here. How exactly did that rune meaningfully impact your fun while at the same time you don't care about the numbers? Sounds like you might as well run around with a mini.

I would use the racial golem if it was not that god awefull crap.

I thought you don't care about the numbers though.

10 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I could see that working if there were mechanical skins for ranger pets, and if rangers got access to more technological weapons. Until then it doesn't address player concerns about having a golem summon taken away from them.

The concern seemed to be about "wanting to play with a summon" and that's how what I said addresses it.

Anyways, I think at one point they might add something similar after they figure out how to make it a more active effect. Ideally, they'd remove the "random" knockbacks too.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I never used the golemancer rune but I can understand people very well who are upset about this change. ArenaNet removed too much from the game and did not add something to compensate. The new relic system seems too much like a downgrade to me.

The 10% health bonus of divinity runes has been mentionned in this thread. I used these runes on a few characters and I am not glad about the loss.

In general it is always a bad idea to take something away from people. Imagine you are working in a company and you had a company car as a part of your remuneration. A Mercedes-Benz or BMW which you can use for business purpose but also for private use. Now your employer is telling you that they will introduce a new concept and the car will be replaced by a bicycle. Most people would not be happy about that change. Of course this is a fictional example and this would not happen in real life because of contracts.

But this is how I see the relic change until now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

48 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sounds like you might as well run around with a mini.

I don't disagree with most of what you said, but on this bit....in fairness, they probably do/did. Personally, when I was playing my Golemancer character I had the Mech, the Golemancer rune golem and a mini. And if it was a really un-serious area (most of core Tyria), I would run the Asura racial 7 series golem as well.

Stated earlier, but again: I would not do this in group content or metas but it was a fun little build when I was doing world completion on that character.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

For a bird master themed character I would run around with my ranger pet, minipet, rune summons, and warhorn skill. Obviously not in serious instanced content or anything, but for fun while doing general map content. And not because I am a "lazy open world player," as so dishonestly insinuated by some. But because it was fun to play a master falconer(ish) concept some times.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

For a bird master themed character I would run around with my ranger pet, minipet, rune summons, and warhorn skill. Obviously not in serious instanced content or anything, but for fun while doing general map content. And not because I am a "lazy open world player," as so dishonestly insinuated by some. But because it was fun to play a master falconer(ish) concept some times.

You can just switch out the rune summon for the bjora marches summon mate.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raven_Spirit_Shadow

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Was using the golemancer rune on my engi(mechanist) and the rog dog on my ranger... I lost both... So both my favorite build lost a friend. Dont forget, some people play game for fun and immersion. Is it a hard concept to understand that some people play a bit rp isssh in a mmoRPg? I would use the racial golem if it was not that god awefull crap.

Now you can RP that the Consortium has struck a deal with the Asuran Council and banned the use of Asuran golems for personal use without permit and you're fighting them to get a permit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I don't disagree with most of what you said, but on this bit....in fairness, they probably do/did. Personally, when I was playing my Golemancer character I had the Mech, the Golemancer rune golem and a mini. And if it was a really un-serious area (most of core Tyria), I would run the Asura racial 7 series golem as well.

Stated earlier, but again: I would not do this in group content or metas but it was a fun little build when I was doing world completion on that character.

Good theory, but he literally said he won't be even using racial skill "becuse it's crap". So... Not sure you're correct here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Good theory, but he literally said he won't be even using racial skill "becuse it's crap". So... Not sure you're correct here.

Hes right I was using my mech, a golem mini, and the wonderfull golem from the rune. I was toying here and there with the racial skill but even if I dont care about number... The racial skill are beyong crap, its like they dont even exist. Theirs no cutting it, I want my golem from my rune back, I would prefer for them to just let the summon on rune tier 6 and add relic on top. But since anet does not like fun and unique stuff, they can slap it onto a relics.

I didnt bring it in hard content (for the very fiew hard content that exist XD).
But in open world, he was my buddy, just seeing my robots team running around was enough for me to feel relax and happy. Now I cant and it make me sad. Its oky that you dont like it, I dont try to convince everyone that summon are the best thing ever. But I did like him a lot, for personnal reason I wont really get into here (spoiler: As weird as it sound, it help me a lot with my depression).

Edited by Zzik.5873
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh, I just meant they were likely using the mini golem already, which seems to be confirmed. And the racial skills are crap. and anytime they become even remotely useful they get nerfed (I seem to remember the sylvari racial briefly being used against a boss). At least OW is easy enough that you can sacrifice the entire elite skill in the name of silly fun.

The rest of my post was just my experience with a golemancer character. I wasn't presuming that part for anyone else.

From my perspective, the summons runes were never overpowered (I could be entirely wrong though). Usually there were much better BiS runes instead. So removing them only accomplishes removing some players' fun. But I also get that there is a cost/work trade-off on porting over those summons from runes to relics.

All in all, I remain unimpressed with the relic system. We've lost more than we've gained. Especially those of us with legendary runes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I wonder how it would work to bring back/include more "OP" effects by giving them additional drawbacks? Like, if the "Relic of the Golemancer" was also -100 vitality, or maybe when your golem falls apart it would explode and damage you? 🤔  It would certainly create some unusual-feeling builds. It would be wacky and volatile, unpredictable and fun. Just what us golemancers enjoy, and rightfully "deserve!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know why you keep repeating "I didn't bring it to the hard content", is this responding to anything I wrote and I'm missing it? Did I write something about hard content in my posts and forgot about it? Genuinely confused why this is being repeated "at" me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't know why you keep repeating "I didn't bring it to the hard content", is this responding to anything I wrote and I'm missing it? Did I write something about hard content in my posts and forgot about it? Genuinely confused why this is being repeated "at" me.

I don't think that part is targeted at you specifically, but added on to other parts of the post to avoid the forum pushback that often happens when discussing sub-optimal builds in general. It's just a caveat to the whole idea of a golemancer build, to make sure to specify that it's for fun only and not being a burden to other players. 

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Don't worry. With how Mantras got rewound to a worse time, Anet will also forget why they removed those relic set bonuses and bring them back. Not remembering why they removed them in the first place.

Also since they don't really communicate with players on their decisions, the player base (who is better at record keeping than Anet staff is) will not be able to catalogue those reasons either.

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, Loctar.3987 said:

What drives me crazy is the space I've taken up with all my soulbound relics, I literally have a few cards full just because I wanted to try them and they were useless, do I have to like throw them away ? Stupid... whoever came up with that was an idiot to me, sorry to say

Only stupid thing they did is take my golem away... But yeah I got a bag full of relic, if you delete them how the kitten are you suppose to get them back? They are not even implemented in the loot table... That kinda silly... Anet I want my golem back!

• Like 2
  • Confused 5