Live Now: Through the Veil, first major update for SotO

Some feedback:

- 800 fishing power for a relaxing pastime is insnae. It needs tuning down massively

- The idea behind the visual noise reduction setting was to reduce it, not to allow for even greater effects to be added. I nearly went blind from one of the champ kryptis fights. It was so bright and white it was too painful to look directly at the enemy. Please pull back on the bright effects. If you must have them, use softer effects and colours. I have no idea what the boss looks like or the mechanics in Convergence because it is such a mess. Most of it is coming from the boss. Why is this still an issue after 11 years of feedback. We know you read an implement feedback, so why not take visual noise into consideration during encounter design?

- No convergences LFG

- Overall, the map is OK for a part 1. But it is rather bland and the landscape is rather underhwleming (not helped by the washout look). Lots of events is great, but there's no real variety. Nothing cool to see, nothing different to do other than kill, talk, kill - esp in the story. It feels a bit rushed. Which I'm confused about given the big drop down from delivering a full LS was designed to ensure things had the time invested in them.

I didn't hate it, I'm just a bit indifferent to it so far. Esp after such a strong start to SoTo previously

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

I like how it is killing Kryptis in SotO. Then I play story and killing Kryptis. The next step is killing Kryptis in Rifts. Today I played the new story part. No spoiler I guess but it's killing Kryptis again in the story instance. Then I exit the instance: Wow, no killing of Kryptis in Rifts but doing "some" events in which I'm killing Kryptis. Don't want to spoil: In the final instance I kill "harder" stuff from the same "harder" stuff before. 
Don't get me wrong the map is ok'ish (not spectacular) but where is the creativity with a puzzle, sneaky or interesting use of mounts or something else in story missions. It's way too much talky talk talk, fight the same type of enemies, talky talk talk, fight and that's it. 

Edited by Vinceman.4572
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

Am I the only one that is majorly dissapointed with this update? I did story and map completion in an hour. I was expecting way more. Did I misunderstood what they promised us when they were selling us the expansion? Like what we got was really good, but it's hardly anything 😞 Just really sad when I finished it and that was it.

Edited by Crash.5486
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

32 minutes ago, Crash.5486 said:

Am I the only one that is majorly dissapointed with this update? I did story and map completion in an hour. I was expecting way more. Did I misunderstood what they promised us when they were selling us the expansion? Like what we got was really good, but it's hardly anything 😞 Just really sad when I finished it and that was it.

There will be more updates. It's all just bite-sized now instead of ALL AT ONCE and that's what they promised - they delivered

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Crash.5486 said:

Let's not forget that by the end of these quarterly updates this map will be much bigger and the story will, in total length, be comparable to the previous expansions. If you're only holding out for those two aspects of course you'll be disappointed every quarter. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

i think the issue is that the first quarter was just much bigger. and understandably so. it came with the wizards vault, the changes to runes, 2 maps, a new way to get skyscale, rifts were introduced.. i could go on. and then this quarter came out, and...while it defiantly couldn't amount to the launch of soto it still never the less feels... lacking?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crash.5486 said:

This is pretty much as advertised. It was always going to be on par with Bjora part 1 or Dry Top part 1. 

It's a shame, because it's somewhat bland, but those maps became bigger than the sum of their parts so hopefully this will improve as it progresses

I'm still trying to work out how to get into a public Convergence though. Doesn't seem to be any information about it     (done one now)

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Crash.5486 said:

Na your not the only one , the update looks so worst and small , there is barely any new "real content" people cleared the new cm in the second try , nothing feels like endgame expect fractals cms , thats the only thing i enjoy doing , i mean its called "challenge mod" there is realy no effort being put towards the new cm but more adds spawning and more soaking , i don't know how anet is supposed to keep going with this , but the new expac is probably the worst compared to the rest i played , realy nothing new , just old maps being thrown together into floating islands and thats about it and ofc the big cities looks nice i guess ? well we will experience the real content when open world legos are out and the new weapons , they should never hype people for this new exciting stuff and put it after 6+ months , or maybe go revive dungeons so we find new ways to get gear or dungeon grind legos ? anet is going full sleepers right now , i apreciate the devs work , but this doesn't look like delivering to me , it looks more like lazy work , hope you guys will surprise us in the next months.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

My problem is how do I get my alts to the new map without using teleport to friend, assuming that method works.  I have not found a portal stone nor does completing the story "unlock" a portal into Nayos in the Wizard's Tower.  Also, where are the survivors you are supposed to talk to in the last instance?  Why can I start the story at the new ones on characters that have not progressed in the SoTo story at all?  Very buggy release.

My first response to any content addition. So far, not a fan ( at all ) of these smaller content drops spread over time instead of one big expansion. =(  This map is very small, very washed out looking and other then adding some harder hitting mobs does nothing different.  The first part of the expansion felt pretty underwhelming and unfinished ( besides being pretty) , this feels much, much worse. I feel way worse knowing there is nothing to look forward to in terms of story or maps for another 3 months.  I understand you were trying something different, but I much prefer the complete expansion, wide vista's to explore and a sense of wonder instead of feeling boxed in with nothing much new to do. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It was boring. Same old crap, fight some enemy in the first part and then by the later part they start being our friends. Over and over again. Oh the poor oppressed demons in the demon realm, give me a break.  I'm supposed to feel sad at some point because some bit of walking dried grey snot we met a few minutes ago got killed? The fights were meh, even the player character is disappointed in the map. It's not it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On the topic of the new content: I really hate the story, have always hated the story, and avoid doing it as much as possible. Please don't lock things behind compulsory content with no alternative means to obtain them.

The entire appeal of this game for me revolves around the combat and the new specs/mechanics, and that is what you keep cutting and delaying while the boring/unappealling stuff -- story & endless new skins which only make the game more laggy & slow to load -- keep getting added.

Not to mention: budget / copy&paste legendaries in an an overall budget expansion. Please reassess your development priorities ❤️

Edited by scerevisiae.1972
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5