Flying mounts = Parkour

In GW2, mounts are a way to play the game, not bypass it.

If you want mounts to bypass things, try WoW or FF14.

5 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

you have waypoints for that.

And those have gotten fewer and fewer since PoF, maybe even since Season 3.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Nazlokless.3789 said:

Whats with the devs and the stupid way mounts have to work in this game, kitten shame the dragon and griffon and glorified gliders. Couldnt you just have a mount fly!!! The whole game has turned into Parkour.

As everyone else said, we don't have Griffon/Skyscale to make traversing ground totally trivial, with enough practice and the right circumstances Griffon can cross an entire map in seconds, and Skyscale can skip most climbing hustle, in many cases including Jumping Puzzles.

They are good enough already, we don't need a limitless flying mount.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Nazlokless.3789 said:

Whats with the devs and the stupid way mounts have to work in this game, kitten shame the dragon and griffon and glorified gliders. Couldnt you just have a mount fly!!! The whole game has turned into Parkour.

Oh well. Guess it's time to uninstall.  Can I have your stuff?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't know if people would complain if the Skyscale got rid of its altitude penalty and it flies like a dragon flies.

But the Griffon is cool as it is. With enough space below you get further and way faster too than with the Skyscale. The SotO maps are great for the Griffon.

And gliding is like one would it expect to be. Or what do you expect from gliding? The masteries to get to the point for it to work as imagined?
It may be redundant by now, how far the game progressed, but it is a leftover of when it got implemented in the game. No you couldn't have just a glider working like you expect a glider to work. You need to level that and thus spend time on the maps.

I think this is better than stupid grinding quests.

Apart from the fact that flying mounts trivialising exploration even more wouldn’t be a good thing for the game, I’m confused by the implication that parkour isn’t fun. I’m definitely not fit enough or coordinated enough to do parkour in real life, and it’s a great way to get around. One of the reasons I came to love the turtle so much is specifically because of just how parkour-y it is, given that it maintains a lot of momentum on landing and moves at similar speeds in the air and on land.

So yeah, not only are griffon and skyscale not “parkour” by comparison, doing actual parkour in GW2 is fun enough that I’m happy to use a slower mount rather than a super fast convenient one in most cases.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sigh. 
I will speak only about the Griffon because the Skyscale is vastly inferior to this Epic mount.

1. Get all masteries
2. Go on youtube and search "Gw2 Griffon Tutorial"
3. Come back and edit your post.

On Mounts in General: Unlike other MMO's where mounts are fast travelers, in Gw2 they have Purpose and weight to them. They all have their unique spot in the game. 

• Like 1