Add Trader for Skull/Nougat/Fang upgraded at the Halloween vendor in Lion's Arch

Bossounet.6953

Hi

Halloween just ended and i found out that the Halloween vendor in Lion's Arch (the skritt in the cave in north west) use only the candies for Candy Corn Cob (1 for 1000), but not the Chattering Skull / Nougat Centers / Plastic Fangs (for Gibbering skull / Tyria best Nougats Centers / High Quality Plastic Fangs)

That would be a good add to this trader, cause some guys (like me...) could trade their 3000+ of each item cause they opened their bags after the end of the event

Thanks by advance

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You don't want this option.

Check how much selling 1000 Chattering Skull / Nougat Centers / Plastic Fangs would get you by just selling to a merchant. (As you have probably already figured, they are not worth listing on the trading post.)

Then check how much it would cost you to buy 1 Gibbering skull / Tyria best Nougats Center / High Quality Plastic Fang on the Trading Post. If you ever need any of these, just buy them on TP.

Just treat Chattering Skull / Nougat Centers / Plastic Fangs as vendor trash.

• Like 2

Sell the base ones to the NPC. Buy the upgraded stuff from the TP - if needed. (Or keep the money.) Due to the low options to use the upgraded versions + them also dropping directly from the bags ... the TP is flooded with the base versions cause nobody needs to manually convert 1000 into an upgraded one at the vendor anymore. Making the NP vendor the best option.

Others alrady have mentioned that. You need to be very careful here - same for other festival stuff. Before buying at the vendor for Cancy Corn Cobs (or other major currency at other festivals) check if an item is not account/soulbound. If it is not ... check the trading post. There are a few (Dragon Bash I think but here one or another mini as well I think) where the TP prices is a lot lower than the cost in Candy Corn.

I wonder if one reason that you can exchange candy corn is you can get the candy corn home instances (and thus get candy corn year round), where as the for the others, once the festival is over, you are not getting them anymore except by buying off the TP.

I thought at one time, they had some of the festival vendors stick around for a week or so after the festival ended, just so people who forgot to do their purchasing could still do it.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 11:05 PM, Bossounet.6953 said:

Halloween just ended and i found out that the Halloween vendor in Lion's Arch (the skritt in the cave in north west) use only the candies for Candy Corn Cob (1 for 1000), but not the Chattering Skull / Nougat Centers / Plastic Fangs (for Gibbering skull / Tyria best Nougats Centers / High Quality Plastic Fangs)

That would be a good add to this trader

The Weekly Vendor during Halloween would offer weekly rewards in exchange for those three items (5 Globs of Ectoplasm per).

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Heibi.4251 said:

They could add the option to the Halloween skritt in Hooligan's Route cave. He already converts candy corn.

Exactly. I'm not sure why this would be a bad thing, no matter how much the items are or are not worth.

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Like 2