They Leveraged All of Staff's REAL HEALING onto the (F1 / Primal Burst skills.) | Bladesworn doesn't have an F1 fyi, devs.

SevenFives.2734

I was right. I knew they were going to do it this way.

Bladesworn (the thing that currently gives Alacrity) Still has 2 tradeoffs for no reason. And doesn't have an F1 skill fyi.

It also still has 3 pages of Bugs, has been nothing but nerfed in PvP and WvW since it came out. All in service of making it barely playable in PvE. No class flair left AT ALL since the gemstore Shiro's Appearance Package and Necro Swords just ate it's 1 remaining unique projectile animation. Also all of the Gunsaber skills that say' 900 range don't pierce, don't hit properly in their miniscule aoe, and don't even all go 900 range.

Meanwhile Ele got 15 minutes of touting an ammunition mechanic that would have been perfect for Gunsaber, Revenant gets a 300 "melee" lightsaber, and Ranger gets a "Support" weapon that actually heals and applies barrier. (It doesn't have to channel or block freaking bullets to do it either.) -- Putting healing after a mandatory channel is terrible balance devs, because when you need to heal someone the last thing you want to do is wait 2 seconds. But you guys did such a good job on Ranger and Ele I'm sure you know this. You are just actively trolling the few remaining Warrior players in the playerbase at this point.

Me personally? I'm done with this game. Hire a Balance dev for Warrior please. But I'm out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

The hate is real, there's a reason they were bonkers about this time last last year... Bladesworn had those guys heads exploding, while at the same time they were complaining about who was skilled and who wasn't. Figure that crap out... complaining about someone's else skill level while crying in the forums for the devs to give them a advantage over others.🤣🤣🤣🤣

17 hours ago, SevenFives.2734 said:

I was right. I knew they were going to do it this way.

Bladesworn (the thing that currently gives Alacrity) Still has 2 tradeoffs for no reason. And doesn't have an F1 skill fyi.

It also still has 3 pages of Bugs, has been nothing but nerfed in PvP and WvW since it came out. All in service of making it barely playable in PvE. No class flair left AT ALL since the gemstore Shiro's Appearance Package and Necro Swords just ate it's 1 remaining unique projectile animation. Also all of the Gunsaber skills that say' 900 range don't pierce, don't hit properly in their miniscule aoe, and don't even all go 900 range.

Meanwhile Ele got 15 minutes of touting an ammunition mechanic that would have been perfect for Gunsaber, Revenant gets a 300 "melee" lightsaber, and Ranger gets a "Support" weapon that actually heals and applies barrier. (It doesn't have to channel or block freaking bullets to do it either.) -- Putting healing after a mandatory channel is terrible balance devs, because when you need to heal someone the last thing you want to do is wait 2 seconds. But you guys did such a good job on Ranger and Ele I'm sure you know this. You are just actively trolling the few remaining Warrior players in the playerbase at this point.

Me personally? I'm done with this game. Hire a Balance dev for Warrior please. But I'm out.

Not that I have much faith in Heal Bladesworn either but you are completely barking up the wrong tree. 1 cast of Linebreaker alone at 12s CD is healing for more than the Staff's T3 burst, and is roughly equivalent to 3 casts of the Primal Burst. Bullet Catcher heals for almost double what Linebreaker does too. The tooltips they showed on stream were all on the same build so even if we can't accurately determine the coefficient, we know how strong the heals are relative to each other. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765

47 minutes ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Bladesworn detractors has made it personal. You read about this in gaming articles but when you actually witness it in real-time it is really a sad thing.

Getting attached to an inanimate object to the point where they'll start a crusade to ruin it. Well... I guess to each his own.

Warrior did not need a third DPS spec. Doesn't matter what flavor that DPS took, it was going to be received extremely poorly. They need to move alacrity out of it and into Spellbreaker, spend son time on turning Spellbreaker into a boon support, and then spend time fixing the long list of jank within Bladesworns.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Warrior did not need a third DPS spec. Doesn't matter what flavor that DPS took, it was going to be received extremely poorly. They need to move alacrity out of it and into Spellbreaker, spend son time on turning Spellbreaker into a boon support, and then spend time fixing the long list of jank within Bladesworns.

Sorry my friend but Warrior's been taken poorly since 2013 at least, it wasn't Bladesworn that started the hate/nerf train it's always been there the complaining about dps, stab, stuns, speeds, bleeds, peircing and fall damage, healing, passives... Folks have taken it personally all you have to do is scan thrue the forums.

I'm just reminding folks cause so many seem to suffer from selective amnesia (not implying anyone specific). I agree with you there is a long jank list that need to be addressed. But I also realize that the jank list resulted from a coordinated effort. 

Edited by Widebody.5071

1 hour ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Sorry my friend but Warrior's been taken poorly since 2013 at least, it wasn't Bladesworn that started the hate/nerf train it's always been there the complaining about dps, stab, stuns, speeds, bleeds, peircing and fall damage, healing, passives... Folks have taken it personally all you have to do is scan thrue the forums.

Oh, I know. When I heard of the first 100b nerf, because simpletons hadn't figured out how to wasd out of it I was dumbstruck. That is a separate issue. BSW in particular gets hate from warrior mains because of the fact that I stated. We did not need another melee DPS spec.

1 hour ago, Widebody.5071 said:

I'm just reminding folks cause so many seem to suffer from selective amnesia (not implying anyone specific). I agree with you there is a long jank list that need to be addressed. But I also realize that the jank list resulted from a coordinated effort. 

I think that jank list really was from Cal trying to cobble it together last minute after watching some samurai anime or old black and white film. I think we are still a year out from them even attempting to rework it.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 9:39 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Oh, I know. When I heard of the first 100b nerf, because simpletons hadn't figured out how to wasd out of it I was dumbstruck. That is a separate issue. BSW in particular gets hate from warrior mains because of the fact that I stated. We did not need another melee DPS spec.

I think that jank list really was from Cal trying to cobble it together last minute after watching some samurai anime or old black and white film. I think we are still a year out from them even attempting to rework it.

They should remove DT from the F skill, have normal burst on F1, saber on f2, return weapon swap, and enter DT when you dodge. Give DT fixed values (no longer charges) and separate cooldowns on the three skills.

Then you have 3 weapon sets to cycle through, a unique dodge based mechanic, etc. 

Yes, I understand this will literally never happen 😂

7 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

They should remove DT from the F skill, have normal burst on F1, saber on f2, return weapon swap, and enter DT when you dodge. Give DT fixed values (no longer charges) and separate cooldowns on the three skills.

Then you have 3 weapon sets to cycle through, a unique dodge based mechanic, etc. 

Yes, I understand this will literally never happen 😂

So, turn Dragon Slash into an ambush like attack?

Here is where my POV is evolving on the BSW mechanics, and warrior on the whole:

• Give Core a new F2. I would prefer this F2 to be OH bursts and a second 2H burst for the equipped weapon set, but it could be anything else.
  • Move Berserk and Full Counter to F3 so that the new F2 is available there. Spellbreaker would still only have 2 bars and use one bar at a time.
  • BSW gets weapon swap back. BSW gets F1 back and the new F2. F1 and F2 (if it consumes adrenaline on the other specs) consume flow on use in increments of 10 as if it were adrenaline, but all flow is not consumed. Unsheathe Gunsaber becomes the F3. Unsheathing Gunsaber gives you the regular Gunsaber bundle and flips the F bar to become the current DT bar.
  • Thanks 1

Bladesworn is propped up by Tactical Reload. If that skill didn't exist in its current form the entire spec would dissolve (Flow Stabilizer you can get around to an through traits)

Fierce as Fire mechanically was a step in the right direction (per ammo pent) as it makes Pistol and the Armaments valuable to take. Unfortunately, Lush Forest & Unshakable Mountain are both impacted by poor mechanics (1st & last ammo charge) and poor benefits comparatively.

Unshakable Mountain is an easy fix by just changing the barrier gained per ammo spent. It could be made more valuable by providing barrier in a radius around the Bladesworn.

Lush Forest is far too valuable in its current iteration--especially given Tactical Reload's existence. An easy fix would be making it the +Strike % trait with Fierce as Fire doing Burning on ammo spent.