The Weapon Beta is bad and here is why

TGD.3602

How are we supposed to get things that are cruicial to a build without having the legendary items in the armory unlocked?

I'm missing runes, sigils, food, and utility effects to properly test a build, yet I cannot buy those from the TP because it's disabled...

Why are the choices in the bags on a beta character so bad? Half the stuff no one will ever use...

I'm able to buy every ascended gear equipment I need from Portable Magnetite Shard Exanche, which is available because it's in a shared inventory slot, but the other stuff I literally cannot get or what? Did every beta have these issues? Please improve this in the long run, without full legendary armory the beta events are almost useless.

• Confused 20

5 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Do you really need a fully min-maxed character to test new weapon skills?

especially since the skills are likely to be re-balanced before their full release.

the beta is designed to be a 'Controlled' test of the new skills, by limiting the number of variables in build options, you'll be able to identify the more immediate issues and bugs

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TGD.3602 said:

How are we supposed to get things that are cruicial to a build without having the legendary items in the armory unlocked?

I'm missing runes, sigils, food, and utility effects to properly test a build, yet I cannot buy those from the TP because it's disabled...

Why are the choices in the bags on a beta character so bad? Half the stuff no one will ever use...

I'm able to buy every ascended gear equipment I need from Portable Magnetite Shard Exanche, which is available because it's in a shared inventory slot, but the other stuff I literally cannot get or what? Did every beta have these issues? Please improve this in the long run, without full legendary armory the beta events are almost useless.

In Betas past we load the stuff up in our banks the night before so we can access all the things we want to use. Your beta characters have a copy of your account and you can pull everything out of your bank and use it from there. If you don't keep spare relics/food in your bank then I guess you're out of luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Assolador.3598 said:

assuming they want feedback, yes

You are saying you CAN'T give feedback on the weapon skills if you DON'T have a minmaxed character? Well, I guess you don't think your feedback is very important if that's the case. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You are saying you CAN'T give feedback on the weapon skills if you DON'T have a minmaxed character? Well, I guess you don't think your feedback is very important if that's the case. 

The problem is that they balance towards the top, so mix maxed has sense. Example raids in pve.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

People will want to engineer the fun out of games and if they can't min-max and have everything at their disposal well, game's bad I guess.

Idk, maybe I'm too hamster wheel brained right now to care but I just enjoyed the weapons for the themes and I'm sure there's a use for them in not-so-optimal builds that people will have fun with. So long as folk find it enjoyable, that's what kinda matters (and feedback ofc).

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976

6 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

6 hours ago, Lucius.2140 said:

The problem is that they balance towards the top, so mix maxed has sense. Example raids in pve.

this here ^

• Confused 3

I never understood why Beta Characters don't just come with a full legendary armory - shouldn't be difficult to just make some basic skin items with Legendary functionality and to make that the default gear of any Beta Character. 

It doesn't really affect me since I'm mostly there on my account - but it just makes so much more sense than all these clunky outdated boxes of exotics, limited selection Sigils, etc.

They would get much more valuable feedback if players could actually test these weapons with proper and different setups.

7 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

The best part about them doing beta's is we know they will ignore all feedback and any testing we do is pointless. 

Then again, true - it's just for personal testing around anyway.

4 hours ago, Assolador.3598 said:

this here ^

Why have you assumed the beta is about Anet balancing for the top in the first place? 

I mean, here is a hint ... it's not, because you DIDN'T get BiS gear to test it. But if you think you can't give feedback because of that, I'm sure Anet won't miss it. Plenty of other people will. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1