Can we get a weekly raid for wizards vault?

Artemis.8034

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Yes. 

People will see a reward they can't get. It doesn't matter if that's true or not. 

"Why are you forcing us to do raids????" 

Topics will pop up alot. 100%. 

So? How is that an argument against adding a raid boss to the WV? If we stop ourselves anytime someone has a complaint we wouldn't be able to do anything anymore. People who always find something to complain about are best ignored. Not that I see ANet adding a raid boss to the WV, but this should be the least of the reasons not to do it.

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

Raid in Wizard Vault weeklies would be frustrating for everyone. Especially elitist player who always seek quick heal, but never care to roll one themselves.

However, if you wish to increase popularity of raids, there could be a special weekly achievment, to give extra chest the more different raids that week you do. So you cant farm raids, and you need to shuffle them, but you get reward similar to other content.

In wvw there is a special achievment for doing some wvw, and it encoruges to do it. So something similar culd be done with raids.

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

So? How is that an argument against adding a raid boss to the WV? If we stop ourselves anytime someone has a complaint we wouldn't be able to do anything anymore. People who always find something to complain about are best ignored. Not that I see ANet adding a raid boss to the WV, but this should be the least of the reasons not to do it.

Exactly, but I guess good luck getting an answer to that 😄
"someone will complain about it so we can't do it" is such a meaningless attempt at argumenting anything here. Even moreso when the idea includes not substituting objectives for the new one, but maybe adding the new one on top of the already available ones.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Exactly, but I guess good luck getting an answer to that 😄
"someone will complain about it so we can't do it" is such a meaningless attempt at argumenting anything here. Even moreso when the idea includes not substituting objectives for the new one, but maybe adding the new one on top of the already available ones.

People tend to confuse the concept of "something for everybody" with "everything for everyone". No. Just no. No one gets everything and nothing is for everybody. And that is okay. That is how it's always been and always will be. It goes wrong when the people who want everything deny the wants of everyone else because they can't have it so no one should.

The real reason, though, why we won't get a raid boss in the WV (and also why dungeons don't turn up in there) is because both are abandoned content. ANet isn't even trying to ferry people that way. Fractals and Strikes is what it's all about these days. As much as I hate that, I've accepted it. It's an 11 year old game. It changes, just like everything else does.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Probably would be better for raids to be their own separate category away from PvE.

I've never raided in this game though, so I have no ideas for objectives. Maybe CM strikes could be thrown into this hypocritical new category too; assuming their roughly the same difficulty (I've only done normal mode strikes, so correct me if I'm wrong if CM strikes are easier or harder than the raids).

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

This would cause a backlash of massive proportions. 
People heavily dislike being funneled into a gamemode they don't want to do.
It is why WvW was removed from World Completion and it is why we still have complaints about having to do WvW for Gift of Battle.
Fractal: You can hop in on your LA fashion build in a T1 and get your weekly. 
Strikes: Hop naked into Icebrood Construct and collect your reward.

No such things for raids.
I understand that you'd like this when you are a regular raider, but do understand that you are part of an utter minority in the game.

And no one is forced to do them! I dont clear everything in the wizards vault, some of that carp i hate and dont do it. So dont do the raid you dont have to. This is so very ignorant to just cut out a group because the so called majority dont like raids. i dont like pvp or wvw much do you see me complaining they are in the wizards vault? Do you see me complaining about that game mode? No because there are people that like it and play it I dont but they do , its pretty crappy to make life miserable for someone else because you dont like their game preference. and its pretty crappy of anet to completely kill off a mode of gameplay people enjoy! Yes the raid "minority" is getting smaller everyday as they quit. The true elitists in this game arent the raiders, its the people that complain about other gamemode options no one is forced to do, and try to kill off anything that dont fit into their box. Grats your players declined

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Yes the raid "minority" is getting smaller everyday as they quit. The true elitists in this game arent the raiders, its the people that complain about other gamemode options no one is forced to do, and try to kill off anything that dont fit into their box. Grats your players declined

I don't know

Raiders also tried to kill off OW legendary , 15% hp reduction in So-woon for the Turtle , more enganging aquitition of the skyscale .

Don't rry to look  for sympathy from both  sides :P

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

5 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

I don't know

Raiders also tried to kill off OW legendary , 15% hp reduction in So-woon for the Turtle , more enganging aquitition of the skyscale .

Don't look sympathy from each side 😛

Nothing of what you said disproves his claim though. There is a very vocal majority of players who do not raid who are very passionate about "sticking it to those players who raid" and you are one of them.

What exactly would be your issue with having an optional pve weekly involving a raid? Besides personal spite that is? It's optional, it doesn't affect any of the other content, it would bring variety and options to players (and sure, fractal weeklies or dungeon weeklies would also be a nice touch).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Nothing of what you said disproves his claim though. There is a very vocal majority of players who do not raid who are very passionate about "sticking it to those players who raid" and you are one of them.

What exactly would be your issue with having an optional pve weekly involving a raid? Besides personal spite that is? It's optional, it doesn't affect any of the other content, it would bring variety and options to players (and sure, fractal weeklies or dungeon weeklies would also be a nice touch).

Reduce the Raid ingame  gold rewards by 20%  and  you get 40% by doing the Weeklies .

You will be forced also to get Mystic Cons that the prices flaxuates

• Confused 7

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Reduce the Raid ingame  gold rewards by 20%  and  you get 40% by doing the Weeklies .

and that is needed because? The highest gold/hour is still attainable in many different meta and open world maps and fractals. Not sure what reducing an already not top tier reward would provide benefit wise.

But sure, let's drop gold per week from raids by 20% (that's around 15 gold) and add a weekly raid boss kill which rewards 30 gold.

You will be forced also to get Mystic Cons that the prices flaxuates

You mean just as players have to now? You DO know that raids don't reward Mystic Coins right?

• Like 6

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

and that is needed because? The highest gold/hour is still attainable in many different meta and open world maps and fractals. Not sure what reducing an already not top tier reward would provide benefit wise.

But sure, let's drop gold per week from raids by 20% (that's around 15 gold) and add a weekly raid boss kill which rewards 30 gold.

You mean just as players have to now? You DO know that raids don't reward Mystic Coins right?

The worlds maps after a while they dont offer much gold and they get abononded 

While the raid one are steady and are almost not afffected by the OW stuff .

We remove some gold from ingame , and both OW and raider use their Arta and Weeklies to buy some gold /T6/ MYstic coins , or other stuff people can sell in the TP

• Confused 8

We remove some gold from ingame , and both OW and raider use their Arta and Weeklies to buy some gold /T6/ MYstic coins , or other stuff people can sell in the TP

Drizzlewood coast and dragonfall would like to have a word with you mate when did they drop in profitability exactly?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Sorry, but I can actually call you on your bs here: https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

Raids reward liquid gold (not even comparable to fractals) and are based on a week long ID lockout. Other farms like say the Shiny Bauble farm are pure open world, unlimited and accessible at any time. Other farms, like Drizzle Wood for example, are significantly more lucrative and yield a mix of materials and gold.

If the developers actually ever took a long hard look at rewards, raids would not be at the top of the list to look at by a mile.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Sorry, but I can actually call you on your bs here: https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

Raids reward liquid gold (not even comparable to fractals) and are based on a week long ID lockout. Other farms like say the Shiny Bauble farm are pure open world, unlimited and accessible at any time. Other farms, like Drizzle Wood for example, are significantly more lucrative and yield a mix of materials and gold.

ok ,i will up my proposition

-20% god rewards > 40% from astarl + you convert LI to Astral  (1:2 ratio for some mystic coins . If you have 2500LI , you get 5000 astral , which translate into 530 or something mystic coins  , and you get 6 Coints afterwards with the 1:2 ratio) . so you loose -20% and you get +50%

edit: wrong maths

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

ok ,i will up my proposition

-20% god rewards > 40% from astarl + you convert LI to Astral  (2:1 ratio for some mystic coins . If you have 2500LI , you get 5000 astral , which translate into 530 or something mystic coins  , and you get 6 Coints afterwards with the 2:1 ratio) . so you loose -20% and you get +50%

You do know Mystic Coins are capped to 20 per 3 months from the vault? I'm sorry but have you actually played this game in the last year? Or are you just on the forums trolling?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You do know Mystic Coins are capped to 20 per 3 months from the vault? I'm sorry but have you actually played this game in the last year? Or are you just on the forums trolling?

Imagine them like gold bars , that you havent redem them yet

Also youcan buy other stuff 

• Confused 4

Imagine them like gold bars , that you havent redem them yet

So you are suggesting rewards, which can't be redeemed and by mere logic of accumulating those nonredeemable rewards faster than being able to redeem them, they are essentially useless. Are you being serious or are you trying to look like an idiot?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

So you are suggesting rewards, which can't be redeemed and by mere logic of accumulating those nonredeemable rewards faster than being able to redeem them, they are essentially useless. Are you being serious or are you trying to look like an idiot?

Ok , ok , where too fast to respawed :P

Buy some Laurels , Clovers , Heavy Bags , Bag of Coins

• Confused 3

Ok , ok , where too fast to respawed 😛

Buy some Laurels , Clovers , Heavy Bags 

How does that solve the issue of Mystic Coins? You do know all of those are capped too right? Again, are you just trolling and have you even interacted with the Wizard Vault, like at all?

• Like 4

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

How does that solve the issue of Mystic Coins? You do know all of those are capped too right? Again, are you just trolling and have you even interacted with the Wizard Vault, like at all?

You can use the LI> astra to get them for liquid gold

Afterwards , buy this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Coins_(1_Gold)_(unlimited)

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well both you and me , will be affected by the TP market if we use the Astral system

No we won't. There is a gold bag for 6 astral acclaim which is limited to 90 per 3 months, and one which is infinite and costs 30 astral acclaim. You seem very confused and it seems pretty obvious you have no idea what you are talking about at this point. So again, why are you here trolling other peoples ideas?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7