Wintersday - Give us an extra week, please!

Spyro.1632

• ArenaNet Staff
20 hours ago, Spyro.1632 said:

Dear ArenaNet,

the holidays are coming and it's time to prepare and then spend time with family and friends and not so much time to play our favourite game.
Please, let us enjoy this amazing event for one more week 🙂

Wish granted! How does three weeks sound? 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Well, it's usually three weeks 🙂  But... my wish was for an extra week 😉 

My wish is to add one more week to the three weeks to make a total of 4 weeks of great Wintersday event.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

No thanks, 3 weeks is enough for me. I can get burned out on festivals, and it feels like halloween > wintersday > lunar blur together. I know I can skip them, and I do skip a lot of festival stuff, but even that "just do the dailies" urge gets old.

Three weeks is enough for other events. For Wintersday it is not enough because Wintersday event takes place during the Christmas holidays, when many of us (who want to and can) spend time with family and friends and there is not as much time for the event. We can't burned out on Wintersday, we can't enjoy it as much as other events just because we also want to spend more time in real life during Christmas. So why Wintersday can't be a week longer?  Those who don't want to play it don't have to, but those who want to enjoy Wintersday won't play it after the event is shut down.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Spyro.1632 said:

Three weeks is enough for other events. For Wintersday it is not enough because Wintersday event takes place during the Christmas holidays, when many of us (who want to and can) spend time with family and friends and there is not as much time for the event. We can't burned out on Wintersday, we can't enjoy it as much as other events just because we also want to spend more time in real life during Christmas. So why Wintersday can't be a week longer?  Those who don't want to play it don't have to, but those who want to enjoy Wintersday won't play it after the event is shut down.

I'm with DeanBB.4268 on this, the triade of Halloween -> Wintersday -> Lunar New Year always feels like a huge mega festival. And unless it's your first festival, they get old so fast that I assume most players are glad to get the achievements done quick and don't have to bother much with them. For them, starting on Dec. 12th is plenty of time to get everything sorted before the holidays and the RL stuff kicking in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

16 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

listen, there's nothing going on in the game, people are really busy this time of year and the fact they're asking you to help them spend some of their time in a festival should't warrant such a sarcastic response.

You've religated a once fantastic even majestic wintersday event, once held in this game's capital town, to being held in a quarter-circle area that feels like we're still refugees from destroyed LA with a hub to wait untill we get our great snowglobe back in our town square.

imagine if you brought back wintersday in old LA, with everyone getting a portal scroll mail for the three weeks of wintersday, you think you wouldn't have the most packed wintersday in years? Wouldn't You spend the entire three weeks there also?

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

56 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

I'm with DeanBB.4268 on this, the triade of Halloween -> Wintersday -> Lunar New Year always feels like a huge mega festival. And unless it's your first festival, they get old so fast that I assume most players are glad to get the achievements done quick and don't have to bother much with them. For them, starting on Dec. 12th is plenty of time to get everything sorted before the holidays and the RL stuff kicking in.

Is it really so hard to understand that some players like events and that Wintersday is really the best for them? 🙂 It doesn't stop other players from playing how they want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Three is enough. There have been exceptions during Covid prime time. But this also is pressure to do the daily every day (if you want to get the most out of it.) The only option I can see is to change start. But this now has been announced already. Had they started it one week later it would still have covered 24th-26th with a bit more time after 1st of January. (Now it still covers this date - but only  barely.)

Afaik it technically is Christmas + (western) New Year's. And we do not need it that long - especially since at this time of the year the festivals are pretty close to each other. Soon after it the Lunar New Year (asian themed). If longer ... then the gaps between SAB (that could be longer) and Dragon Bash ... afaik are the biggest. But they plan to bring more "rushes" regularly afaik. To fill in some gaps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 9:23 PM, Spyro.1632 said:

Dear ArenaNet,

the holidays are coming and it's time to prepare and then spend time with family and friends and not so much time to play our favourite game.
Please, let us enjoy this amazing event for one more week 🙂

😢

Why ArenaNet, why not?

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...