skyscale Weapon collection [Merged]

can we increase frequency that the boxes drop from doing convergences.  doing 150 for 1 box with it every 3 hours is literally 450 hours waiting around to get a weapon.   Feels like a bit ridic.   Did a large amount of farming rifts and got none to drop either.  Not sure if just got worlds worst luck but this collection feels unachievable.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Shadows Creed.3902 said:

can we increase frequency that the boxes drop from doing convergences.  doing 150 for 1 box with it every 3 hours is literally 450 hours waiting around to get a weapon.   Feels like a bit ridic.   Did a large amount of farming rifts and got none to drop either.  Not sure if just got worlds worst luck but this collection feels unachievable.  

Well they need to have you do something bettwen content drops mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

For people like me who are achievement hunters this collection is absurd.  If you are going to make a collection that is this rare to finish and relies so much on RNG please don't attach achievement points to it!  I have done 71 convergences, and I do weekly rifts in every map, T2 and T3 only, with motivations and I have ZERO sky scale weapons towards this achievement!  Its very disheartening to think that if I can only finish this using weapon boxes received from the convergence repeatable it will take YEARS to finish this achievement!  On a good week I could do 20 convergences, that's if I do 5 each weekend day and 2 on the weekdays when I play in the evenings.  113 weeks of that???  I am fast getting burnt out on convergences 😞 I would suggest either increasing the drop rate or making them purchasable with prophet shards PLEASE!   When convergences came out I thought they were fun content but the thought of how many I would need to do to get this AP makes me very sad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think it is meant to be  a long-term goal and therefore having low drop rates + being account bound (so rich people can't just buy into it to complete it quick). This is "content" cause some people think it is fun to rush everything at day one and then complain there is not enough stuff to do left. That is why we get this as "content". 😄 Now deal with it.

The biggest issue here is probably that it doesn't drop as a choice box, so unless they locked getting the same weapon more than once -which I doubt they did- then it will be really hard to get the full collection. Wouldn't be surprised if they added more ways to get those for expansion materials. On the other hand, it's an optional collection so I'll just easly skip it 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Daniyyel.3428 said:

farmed enough rifts to make  216 amalgamated kryptis. Ended up with getting 8 to drop but two of them was the dagger.  Resigned to the fact I will never finish the collection.  Getting duplicates on a set that's already difficult burned me out for even trying.

Yeah kinda where burned me out as well with duplicate dropping alongside insane low drop rate and as time goes on lower player interest quickly.  Convergence also way to many to sustain out 150 for 1.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to report that you can get a weapon select chest as a drop in the convergences.  I got one on my 76th convergence.  I have also gotten 2 weapons dropped from rifts but still with the low drop rate it still seems like a collection that will take over a year to complete.  I have almost gotten my chest for doing 100 convergences so that will put me at 4/16.  I still hope they add these to the vendor to buy with shards

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2023 at 8:33 PM, Moi.5013 said:

I am happy to report that you can get a weapon select chest as a drop in the convergences.  I got one on my 76th convergence.  I have also gotten 2 weapons dropped from rifts but still with the low drop rate it still seems like a collection that will take over a year to complete.  I have almost gotten my chest for doing 100 convergences so that will put me at 4/16.  I still hope they add these to the vendor to buy with shards

Yeah, that means you'd have to do 1,800 more Convergences (one per day for five years) unless you get incredibly lucky. They should add more sources for them.

• Confused 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just another vote here for "I'm an achievement hunter and this collection is beyond a joke".

So far I've had:

1 skyscale weapon (Scepter) from a t3 rift with a motivation.
1 skyscale weapon (Axe) from a t3 rift without using a motivation
1 skyscale weapon (Sword) as a random bonus reward from a public convergence
1 skyscale weapon chest as a random bonus reward from a public convergence
1 skyscale weapon chest as the guaranteed reward for the first 100 convergences achievement

Total - 5/16 weapons.

Now you might say  "so what, maybe you haven't done many rifts and convergences". Guess again.

After the two extra Kryptis Convergence Extraction I'll get from doing one more convergence tomorrow, I'll have all I need to finish my third set of Obsidian armor. I've done 181 (successful) convergences so far and I don't even know how many rifts.

Call me crazy if you like, but personally I think that an achievement for making three sets of legendary armor shouldn't leave me less than one-third of the way to completing this Skyscale Weapon Collector achievement. It shouldn't be that much harder to finish a rare weapon collection than to make all that legendary gear.

What are my options at this point to finish it? I either spend a fortune on motivations and do endless t3 rifts, each one with a tiny chance of getting a random weapon that I might already have, or I do convergences.

If I do the motivations and t3 rifts, as I progress, my chance of getting a weapon I already have will grow and grow, to the point where my odds of getting a Skyscale weapon and it being one I need will be incredibly small. With the price of buying or crafting motivations, I can't even estimate the cost, but it would be incredible.

If I go down the convergences route, I'd need to complete another 1569 of them. At about half an hour each (yes, I know they take less time than that, but add in time waiting around for it to start, or trying to look for or fill one via LFG...) that would be 785 hours doing convergences. At one per day, it would take over four years.

Either method would earn me huge amounts of t3 "Essence of Triumph" that has no purpose other than making Amalgamated Kryptis Essence, which I'll also have no use for and can't sell. I'll already have about 8 stacks of "Essence of Triumph" left with no use for it tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

When I got a chest as a random drop (before that only gotten 2-3 weapons as direct drop) I thought of the idael strategy: Since afaik you can get the same direct drops (of weapons you already unlocked) again it would be best to only open the chests until the amount of skins left to unlock equals the amount of chests you have saved up. (I will get a 2nd one once done with the 100/100 for the main achievement. Repeatable one ... not sure. I might just do one convergence per week in hopes of it also dropping runes of holding - which is pretty rare. And for the unstable motivation that sells well at the TP. From the 1/3 fo the weekly.)

You never know how lucky you get - to receive a chest as direct drop (instead of a normal weapon). Imagine unlocking something from the chest early and then getting exactly that one as direct drop (duplicate).

• Like 4