WvW Skirmish Claim Ticket system and requirement for Conflux.

Anasate.5408

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You do, and the logs on wingmann do not make you out to be a player who does 3hour full clears. So why are you bringing up such arguments which you yourself are far away from reaching? I'm placing you at 5 hours best, likely 6-7 hours for a full clear IF you get good other players.

You would have to raid 10 hours per week to get to the level of grind required for Conflux. Your point is still not justified.

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Anasate.5408 said:

This thread is not about armors though.

No clearly it's not about armors, that much we can agree on.
You made it about other achievements and a legendary grind when you tried to equate and poorly mind you PvE to WvW.

Clearly you do neither well enough to speak on either.

2 minutes ago, Anasate.5408 said:

You would have to raid 10 hours per week to get to the level of grind required for Conflux. Your point is still not justified.

10 hours for what time frame? You can do 3-4 and get it just as much, only it would take a few weeks longer. While not putting ANY requirements on other players.

It's all balanced against each other. You simply do not like that and decided to come complain.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's all balanced against each other. You simply dot like that and decided to come complain.

I didn't come here to complain, I can here to discuss. You chose to assume I was complaining, thus removing opportunity for a discussion.

2 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

10 hours for what time frame? You can do 3-4 and get it just as much, only it would take a few weeks longer. While not putting nearly ANY requirements on other players.

6 weeks of clearing all wings. Or if you want it to take longer, it can take longer but the total play hour commitment would still be the same because the system is linear!

• Confused 3

Just now, Anasate.5408 said:

I didn't come here to complain, I can here to discuss. You chose to assume I was complaining, thus removing opportunity for a discussion.

6 weeks of clearing all wings. Or if you want it to take longer, it can take longer but the total play hour commitment would still be the same because the system is linear!

Yes and rewards in PvE are balanced around success, rewards in WvW around literally just showing up. WvW rewards are also setup in a way to reward certain amounts of time commitment.

Also as far as discrepancy, while those values are nice to look at, once you factor for actual total tickets gained, you'll realize that those sub 50 tickets you lose out on in the first half of the 15 hours per week (when going for diamond) make up around 10-15% of the total tickets possible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Anasate.5408 said:

I'm not accounting for WvW rank because people who have WvW rank have already put in the hours. I did however account for weeklies (capping/defending/playing). If you think my math is off, prove it.

So then what is with the comparison to Coalescence? People who can easily do an FC already put in the hours to get geared, learn their roles, learn the bosses, went through the collections.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

you did 

And you're a member of an ancient reptilian race. Prove me wrong.

11 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

you could have earned a lot of tickets in the time you spent here complaining 

That was my choice, just as it is your choice to come to the forums and bomb random topics with nonsense. Also, I already finished my grind for the week, others may not have had that opportunity on account of their schedule.

You guys seem to be woefully missing the point. I'm not advocating my case here, I am advocating for change in the interest of the gw2 community.

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Also as far as discrepancy, while those values are nice to look at, once you factor for actual total tickets gained, you'll realize that those sub 50 tickets you lose out on in the first half of the 15 hours per week (when going for diamond) make up around 10-15% of the total tickets possible.

Sure, but a discrepancy is still a discrepancy, and, by definition, that shouldn't be the case.

14 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Yes and rewards in PvE are balanced around success, rewards in WvW around literally just showing up. WvW rewards are also setup in a way to reward certain amounts of time commitment.

They're different game modes. The difficulty should have no bearing on the amount of rewards per hour on success. In WvW showing up is success. In raiding killing a boss is success. Also, there are tons of nearly free raid bosses:
- all of W1 except Sabetha;
- first 2 encounters of W3;
- first 2 encounters of W4;
- first 2 encounters of W6.

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

So then what is with the comparison to Coalescence? People who can easily do an FC already put in the hours to get geared, learn their roles, learn the bosses, went through the collections.

you only need to get FC once for Coalescence. After that you can just grind the easy bosses. Call it raid roaming if you want.

Edited by Anasate.5408
  • Confused 4

Just now, Anasate.5408 said:

you only need to get FC once for Coalescence. After that you can just grind the easy bosses.

So... hold on for a minute. You complained in your OP that people can FC Raids in 6 hours per week and compared it to 15 hours of WvW, but NOW you can just do the easy ones instead?

You don't need to play 15 hours in WvW either per week, you can just play for 10, or less if that's easier for you.

• Like 1

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

So... hold on for a minute. You complained in your OP that people can FC Raids in 6 hours per week and compared it to 15 hours of WvW, but NOW you can just do the easy ones instead?

Yes, because, again, the rewards are linear. Doesn't change the total hour investment.

Edited by Anasate.5408
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Anasate.5408 said:

I am advocating for change in the interest of the gw2 community.

It may be what you think you're doing, but it's actually pretty biased.  The GW2 community includes us WvW players too.  Reducing the time it takes means you'll just bail on us faster.  If you want Conflux, play for it.  Or if this one part of the GW2 community is so odious to you, wait until Anet releases another legendary ring you can get from a different game mode, like you waited for the PvE legendary trinket to replace the sPvP one.

/shrug

• Like 2

The skirmish track should have never been backloaded, it should have been an even track all throughout, with additional rewards littered in there, like the grandmaster mark shards(now kinda obsolete since you get them from the objective scaling rewards), and the warlord's armor box.

Pips gain is also already backloaded with gaining ranks to earn more pips per tick. There was no need to backload both progress and reward that's already capped per week.

🤷‍♂️

P.S Not like this matters to me anymore, since I've already finished the wvw legendaries on one account, now waiting until 2049 when they release the 3 missing trinkets, and no, not wasting tickets on that garbage infusion.

Thank you my confused stalker fans -->

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Confused 3

Ok, let me rephrase the problem for people who still don't get it.

Raiding ring requires 1 full clear of raid wings for achievements. With almost any guild, that's doable in 6 hours. After those 6 hours you may keep clearing all wings every week or you may grind the easy bosses. If you choose to do the latter, it will take more weeks to obtain the ring, but the total played hours in that game mode will not be altered.

WvW ring requires 15 hours per week if you want to maximize your playtime efficiency, and there's no way around that! If you play for less than 15 hours per week in WvW your rewards/hour will be lower. Oops, discrepancy. The game mode strongly encourages the player to do the full lap, and it's a long one. That's not healthy for anyone. Also, it's not fun for people who don't like WvW.

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It may be what you think you're doing, but it's actually pretty biased.  The GW2 community includes us WvW players too.  Reducing the time it takes means you'll just bail on us faster.  If you want Conflux, play for it.  Or if this one part of the GW2 community is so odious to you, wait until Anet releases another legendary ring you can get from a different game mode, like you waited for the PvE legendary trinket to replace the sPvP one.

Yes, we want to bail on you as soon as possible. No, you're not entitled to our presence. If the game mode is so unkempt that Anet needs to force the majority of people to play it with skewed systems and negative patterns, maybe it doesn't deserve to be played. 

• Confused 3

Good post from a relatively new WvW with a different take on the skirmish tickets:

"Chests in higher reward tiers take an increasing number of pips to earn which goes a long way to negating the larger number of rewards in the higher tier chests. From your post you might have missed this point? "

"it doesn't actually hurt your earnings (per hour of play) that dramatically if you end a week somewhere in platinum, mithril or early diamond. Realizing this has made me more relaxed about not pushing myself to play more than I wanted to. It is just a game! "