This game is absolutely incredible!

Tonks.8052

Oh man. I just reached 80 and unlocked my glide ability. The whimsical nature of this game, and the sense of wonder it elicits is incredible. Absolutely stunning! That's coming from a guy who grew up on Pong and Atari 2600 games like Pitfall and Frogger...lol. You guys have no idea how lucky you are.  Those games made you brute force your imagination, whereas the RPG element in GW2 creates a completely different imaginative dynamic. I can't believe how incredible this game is.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

You're not alone with your experience, there's quite a few older players. I'm a bit younger than you - my first game was Hungry Horace on the ZX Spectrum but it's the same idea, if there was any story to those games it would be a paragraph in the manual, and then whatever you made up. (I've also played a few text adventures where you have to imagine all the visuals, and many of them are pretty sparse on the descriptions.)

Also GW2 can spark my imagination as well. Earlier today one of my characters was explaining to someone that being the Pact Commander doesn't pay as well as they might think, so yes she does need to go through the enemies pockets after each battle and after a few weeks in the field they'll probably be doing the same. I've got loads of little scenes like that I've added into the game, often while I'm not actually playing, to build on the story that's presented.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Also GW2 can spark my imagination as well. Earlier today one of my characters was explaining to someone that being the Pact Commander doesn't pay as well as they might think

Wait. You guys getting paid?

My character during this dialogue started sobbing.

I kill dragons, champions, demons and what do I get? Nothing! Instead I got a hangover and a huge hole in my pocked when my gold used to be.

Like what is this, we do not even get vouchers for free food at the pact barracks table. My character literally cried when Navan paid for His dinner from pity during this one story step, where even tho we saved the world multiple times, we were considered a terrorists. Xd

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I kill dragons, champions, demons and what do I get? Nothing! Instead I got a hangover and a huge hole in my pocked when my gold used to be.

I get extra loot commanding a random bunch of nobodies that can barely tell the difference between a catapult build site and a doorknob as they stand there wondering wtf to do now.

Maybe you just need to kill bigger things than pathetic dragons. Like an immortal Asura combo-wombo cele weaver or something.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Like what is this, we do not even get vouchers for free food at the pact barracks table. My character literally cried when Navan paid for His dinner from pity during this one story step, where even tho we saved the world multiple times, we were considered a terrorists. Xd

Well, not paid with money as such, but each story mission rewards some stuff and I always assumed that comes from whoever gives you the mission.

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

You're not alone with your experience, there's quite a few older players. I'm a bit younger than you - my first game was Hungry Horace on the ZX Spectrum but it's the same idea, if there was any story to those games it would be a paragraph in the manual, and then whatever you made up. (I've also played a few text adventures where you have to imagine all the visuals, and many of them are pretty sparse on the descriptions.)

Also GW2 can spark my imagination as well. Earlier today one of my characters was explaining to someone that being the Pact Commander doesn't pay as well as they might think, so yes she does need to go through the enemies pockets after each battle and after a few weeks in the field they'll probably be doing the same. I've got loads of little scenes like that I've added into the game, often while I'm not actually playing, to build on the story that's presented.

I've got a handheld with thousands of the best spectrum, amiga, snes, arcade, genesis, pc engine, playstation games on it including hungry Horace (and horace goes sking) - great times.  GW2 is a beautiful broad game we could not even imagine back then 

Edited by Bladestrom.6425

23 minutes ago, Kiof.5710 said:

Paid?  I'm the Charlie Brown of GW2.  I got a rock.

At least you can do some breakbar damage with your rock. What is my lump of coal good for? Meh, I'll just put it in my bank, next to the pile o' Legendary Spikes.

Now get out of the way! I have to earn some coin by farming my home before some lousy dragon rears its head in some far off land!

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Maybe you just need to kill bigger things than pathetic dragons. Like an immortal Asura combo-wombo cele weaver or something.

I doubt someones gonna pay me for that, but hey! At the very least I might loot Legendary Spike from Him, and add it to my bank...

To my big pile...

Of legendary spikes... xd

7 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

When I started, "video games" were pinball, foosball, and pool tables. Uphill, through the snow, both ways, and get off my lawn!

That would make you roughly ten years older than me I gather. The rumbling electric football field with plastic players going nowhere but in circles? Lol

Edited by Tonks.8052
  • Like 2