Anet can you fix this low effort toxic game play

Flowki.7194

The only real thing toxic in the game right now balance wise is the ridiculous matchmaking algorithm, may work ok with larger population but as it stands now it is probably driving s many veterans to leave the game as well as new players. I don't claim to kno how to fix the matchmaking but it's very frustrating match after match having teammates who feed 15 deaths to ur enemies every match while u feed them one death or often times non. It's frustrating actually trying to play with any sort of competitiveness and or rotate while ur teamates run around not caring about rotations while they feed.  As a solo queue'r it's beyond brutal. And I am not knocking or putting down new players as we all have to learn and improve, just wish teammates were more close in skill levels in matches, as it stands silvers are in plats and certainly all over gold.

• Thanks 4

On 12/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

Every single game tonight is rammed with DH's and 3 button condi bomb specs... this is by far the least skill based game ive ever played.

"Embrace the courage to walk away from anything that doesn't serve you, grow you, or make you happy. Your worth isn't negotiable."

Guild Wars 2 has successfully made it to being the most Toxic Long Lasting Game in the Gaming Industry; surpassing WoW. I encourage you including The Community to excitedly look forward to 60 new upcoming MMO's releasing this new year.

12 Years for The PvP and WvW Community of not having a bit of worth or change the course for of a positive direction for a Healthy Competitive Gaming Experience throughout the years is Unforgivable and no Longer Tolerated. 

12 Years, not 12 seconds, not 12 minutes, not 12 hours and not even 12 days.....where did it get us?

NOWHERE!!

In fact; last year was the worse of 11 years combined. 

The time to Fiix low effort Toxic game play has experied. The Time now is to heal 12 years Toxic Toxic Relationship and pass our experience to sothers. 

"One day you will tell your story of how you've overcome what you're going through now,, and it will become part of someone else survival guide"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Players can make stuff toxic, not the game. Don't blame the tool, blame the user.

If another game would fall another rises and players won't stop doing what they already did. The only thing that changes is the environment. 

Enjoy the game, don't be toxic, have fun

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2023 at 6:06 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

What's wrong with him using it?

I use hammer on rev 🤷, noting wrong with it either

Thats the mentality of this playerbase, if youre not using a boyci approved meta build then it sucks. Nobody even plays rev, and don't even know how strong the core offesnive support build is with mal/cent and shortbow/mace-axe or shield. It has good team stability uptime, good projectile denial, SPB level CC uptime which procs healing+poison+weakness from censure/dwarvern battle and relic proc. Then it also does decent ranged/melee dmg (1500 condi) for what is essentially a support spec. Its stronger than any other rev condi build ive played, and it wins condi herlads comfortably unless there is a huge skill gap, the CC/poison uptime they just cant deal with it.

Ive also been playing with power hammer/shortbow vindi similar to you (so much fun), as melee range is horrible atm.  Spear>dodge/scav then shortbow 3>2, it all lands at the same time and can drop players with just that combo in a group fight (its basically my opener). I continue to use mal with this powebuild, becuase I think its functional (and fun), nobody mocks it once theyve been hit with 12-18k from anguish > hammer 2&3. With help from team mates, it wipes entire groups if they underestimate it. But ofc, getting that close is a last resort with all this scourge/DH point spam. x2 Nomad + anquish is decent escape mobility, I use it predominantly for kiting high dmg melee specs.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Thats the mentality of this playerbase, if youre not using a boyci approved meta build then it sucks. Nobody even plays rev, and don't even know how strong the core offesnive support build is with mal/cent and shortbow/mace-axe or shield. It has good team stability uptime, good projectile denial, SPB level CC uptime which procs healing+poison+weakness from censure/dwarvern battle and relic proc. Then it also does decent ranged/melee dmg (1500 condi) for what is essentially a support spec. Its stronger than any other rev condi build ive played, and it wins condi herlads comfortably unless there is a huge skill gap, the CC/poison uptime they just cant deal with it.

Personally for that specific core build I prefere staff it with mace/axe or shield for little more defense. Just to have more defense and a weapon to switch for some support to allies.

For 5v5 you have to trait in corruption traitline more defensively mid traits compared to 2v2/3v3 where it actually works a lot better with 2-1-3 (and for which I actually made it for). 

With shortbow as double condi weapon you have less this synergy for that build playstyle, which changes playstyle 😁

relic of the flock or relic of demon queen both work fine and change these according to what fight you face. Relic of Febe vs 2 druids and some reapers on enemy team for overall consistent cleanse on the annoying condis. You got to play with it those little bit for the right fight.

•Btw how do you have 1500 condition stats? You stopped using relic of the druid for more healing power with sage amulet?•

The build works better with team/fights if you didn't had changed these small elements though 😅. It are the small changes that can sometimes change it too much for performance.

Overall to remind, this was made for/works best in 2v2/3v3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Players can make stuff toxic, not the game. Don't blame the tool, blame the user.

If another game would fall another rises and players won't stop doing what they already did. The only thing that changes is the environment. 

Enjoy the game, don't be toxic, have fun

This reminds me of a saying, "Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands”

'A reminder of the importance of balance, as well as give and take. When we are drawn to something, we must reflect on what it is that puts that very thing into motion'

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Personally for that specific core build I prefere staff it with mace/axe or shield for little more defense. Just to have more defense and a weapon to switch for some support to allies.

For 5v5 you have to trait in corruption traitline more defensively mid traits compared to 2v2/3v3 where it actually works a lot better with 2-1-3 (and for which I actually made it for). 

With shortbow as double condi weapon you have less this synergy for that build playstyle, which changes playstyle 😁

relic of the flock or relic of demon queen both work fine and change these according to what fight you face. Relic of Febe vs 2 druids and some reapers on enemy team for overall consistent cleanse on the annoying condis. You got to play with it those little bit for the right fight.

•Btw how do you have 1500 condition stats? You stopped using relic of the druid for more healing power with sage amulet?•

The build works better with team/fights if you didn't had changed these small elements though 😅. It are the small changes that can sometimes change it too much for performance.

Overall to remind, this was made for/works best in 2v2/3v3.

With compitant DPS I agree, its better team support like staff tempest. However, I cannot stand it when dps allow the likes of enemy chrono/deadeye/LB ranger to free cast all game (I played tempest hybrid condi scepter support for the same reason, til it got nerfed). This is why I play a more offensive support builds, it makes the average game less frustrating, as I can pressure high damage targets when team mates don't, or if my teams dps are vastly outskilled (no amount of support fixes that). I was exlusively a full support player, from core gaurd, to tempest and then began realising the limitations of full support solo que + massive MM ranges. Scepter tempest offensive support was probably better than any of the rev offensive supports, but the rev offensive supports are a hell of alot more fun.

I use trapper rune, becuase the CC dwarvern procs/mace accumulate to reliable weakness uptime, and then I may use shield if the enemy has all power. But I do prefere axe offhand, its more fun.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

dragon hunter is actually super good right now, population is so low now that you just have to q dodge some players and you garanteed to get in a game full 1350- rating players, they will just walk into your traps and die 

Its not just bad players though. People keep dissmising the toxicity of a 1200 unit unblockable which is not easy at all to avoid in the distractions of group fights or with multiple DHs. Its bad anough that you can get pulled into an entire enemy team, before the trap damage.

If there are 2 DH and your stunbreak/stab or w/e is on CD, you can't even risk getting within 1200. I mean, thats some pretty fking toxic area denial for the specs that do damage at 1200-900.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/30/2023 at 11:33 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

I wouldnt wanne catch a ban for getting personal.

always funny reading you say snippits like this. nobody is personal we're saying you play a bad build badly and post like you're catching a bullet 😅

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 5:30 PM, Shagie.7612 said:

Sure it's allowed, but there's also a big difference between being off meta and something that doesn't have any sort of foundation or plan it's built around.

It's also a bit ridiculous to then turn around and complain about design decisions when you're actively trying to combat them by picking some of the worst possible combinations.
Number tuning sure, I do that plenty too because I like playing an elite everyone would rather delete, but you're out here calling everything that beats your build "low effort" when your build doesn't even have a proper strategy behind it.

I have no clue why you are getting confused reacts. This an astoundingly accurate post. "Off meta" doesnt mean a faux build. Off Meta builds still need to serve a purpose. Otherwise its not a build, its just random shenanigans. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

I have no clue why you are getting confused reacts. This an astoundingly accurate post. "Off meta" doesnt mean a faux build. Off Meta builds still need to serve a purpose. Otherwise its not a build, its just random shenanigans. 

Becuase he made huge assumptions? While spec choice / game balance are two independent things. Its like shutting me down for saying condi cata was busted becuase I wasn't playing a meta build.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Confused reacts are literally that: the person has no idea how to read and just goes like 😵

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

16 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

czerk players in shambles rn

On 12/29/2023 at 7:07 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

Every single game tonight is rammed with DH's and 3 button condi bomb specs... this is by far the least skill based game ive ever played.

league of legends has 4 buttons dude

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Youre not making sense, does league of legends have 4 buttons or 19?

It is 4 unique buttons per charackter.

3 skills.  1 Ultimate   and  then you choose 2 "summonerspells" that are accessible for every charackter regardless who you pick

That totals 6 buttons that will cast a skill.

(+ rightclick for movement    +G for pinging    +H for marking a ward.)

Edited by Sahne.6950