Is PvP that bad for Ranger now?

Mell.4873

The build I use was not affected by the recent changes to Smokescale (I don't use it). I also never used the burst skills tied to primarily Soulbeast too.

As far as I can tell my Gold 3 Condition Untamed build has received no nerfs except maybe Fervent Force being removed. 

Are people really ditching Ranger over what looks like very small nerfs to a subset of one-shot builds? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

holydays, population even lower, I played one game in my 1480 acc and won +3

so i believe ppl just realized that 1 shot silver 3 players is better than playing some condi bunker for now

I don't play a condition bunker Ranger, mines a one-shotter to but of a not used varient. 

I chain Axe ambushes essentially. 

5 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

untamed is still op

Naw it's actually decently balanced now, it's dropped from the meta but imo still deserves a spot as being viable. Definitely not op tho. This community really needs to learn the difference between effective/viable and overperforming, seems a lot of players are confused on such.

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

The build I use was not affected by the recent changes to Smokescale (I don't use it). I also never used the burst skills tied to primarily Soulbeast too.

As far as I can tell my Gold 3 Condition Untamed build has received no nerfs except maybe Fervent Force being removed. 

Are people really ditching Ranger over what looks like very small nerfs to a subset of one-shot builds? 

Like...why this thread? You have been around on this forum forever so.no offense but this seems something made to stir drama. Never seen this forum come out and say :" yes X and Y must be buffed", people only come here to ask for nerfs and everything but their professions is broken OP and if it's not now..it was some months ago or even years ago so...it's still OP

17 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Like...why this thread? You have been around on this forum forever so.no offense but this seems something made to stir drama. Never seen this forum come out and say :" yes X and Y must be buffed", people only come here to ask for nerfs and everything but their professions is broken OP and if it's not now..it was some months ago or even years ago so...it's still OP

I was talking with the other Rangers in their profession forum and they are claiming Ranger is not viable in sPvP. 

I didn't mean for it to be devisive I'm just getting an unbiases take on Ranger. The people I spoke to think it's over and no one plays the class anymore.

Also isn't half the posts on the GW2 about balance. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1

Some of us already told OP that Druid is still generally playable at higher levels, but only if you are seriously good at ranger.

This isn't even really a disputable point, just look at the December EU AT finals--had two rangers in it, both extremely good and the Druid won out because bunkering for ranger is more potent than power is at the moment.  The Druid could just decap far all game, force the slb and others to come to them, and then if a mid fight happen use CA/glyphs/etc. to support as well.  

15 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Some of us already told OP that Druid is still generally playable at higher levels, but only if you are seriously good at ranger.

This isn't even really a disputable point, just look at the December EU AT finals--had two rangers in it, both extremely good and the Druid won out because bunkering for ranger is more potent than power is at the moment.  The Druid could just decap far all game, force the slb and others to come to them, and then if a mid fight happen use CA/glyphs/etc. to support as well.  

I like that response better than Ranger is unplayable at the moment. 

On 12/31/2023 at 3:33 AM, Mell.4873 said:

I didn't mean for it to be devisive I'm just getting an unbiases take on Ranger.

Ranger is pretty much where ele is now. 

These classes wont carry anyone anymore. 

But they offer enough tools to a good player, that they can make it work even in higher tiers.   

Both are viable, but not meta. 

Just my 2cts.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Ranger is pretty much where ele is now. 

These classes wont carry anyone anymore. 

But they offer enough tools to a good player, that they can make it work even in higher tiers.   

Both are viable, but not meta. 

Just my 2cts.

This seems like the best response I got. No one is really oneshotting players one after another like before so it a more mellow Ranger gameplay.

• Like 1

Try the old dual dagger/staff condi untamed but with wilderness survival instead of poison master, lesser muddy terrain and sharpen stone instead of mutate conditions. Put agony sigil on staff so u can swap to staff and pop sharpening stone and use ur staff ambush. This makes the staff ambush do decent damage on top of the blind and heal and makes its follow up autos apply more bleeds. All this combined with demon queen relic makes for a very good large aoe damage/support team skill on a pretty low cd. Builds worked well for me so far.