On to the next...

VocalThought.9835

I think they need to focus on making all weapons available for classes first. 

Some classes are still seriously stifled by weapon options because they severely fall behind in offhand-mainhand options and when part of their twohanded weapon sets get balanced, it utterly hamstrings the entire weapon set because it's "stuck" on the same loadout. 

(Like if you nerf one part of a Staff for example, it means the whole weapon as a whole got weaker, because you can't just swap out an offhand or mainhand) 

7 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I think they need to focus on making all weapons available for classes first.

as some classes will run out of weapons to unlock faster, i wonder if anet would expand the use of more existing weapons similar to how hammer is on non untamed ranger specs.

On 12/30/2023 at 9:33 PM, VocalThought.9835 said:

What's up with the confused expressions? Is there something about that question you don't understand? I can elaborate if needed.

I don't know if it intended or not but your post oozes sarcasm. 

Also, the first sentence is not a question but a statement. We don't know what will come with Expack 5 and 6. 

People are confused about you knowing stuff you can't know. 

They said that the current elite spec should cover most of the gameplay that they intend for the various professions so I expect them to work a lot on the existing e-specs in the next 2 years. As for the 5th and 6th x-pac, I seriously doubt that there will be new weapons or e-specs since we are still waiting for the 4th x-pac weapon to be reworked and released 😉.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 12/30/2023 at 7:39 PM, Myror.7521 said:

They just said they want to announce something realy new and Special and big for next Expansion i think we need to wait for it? ;d. Also its gonna be new weapons as they Said also in that interview. But Chance to get new e-specs is not complete gone 🙂

Yeah, they did say that. Here's a chance for people to speculate and make requests.  

The new weapons I hope they give are:

Warrior- Dual Focus and Main hand Pistol 

Guardian- Offhand Sceter and War Horn

Revenant- Main hand Axe and Focus 

Ranger- Rifle and Shield

Thief- Torch and Great Sword 

Engineer- Staff and Focus 

Mesmer- Offhand Dagger and Main hand Focus

Necromancer- Hammer and Shield 

Elementalist- Main hand Focus and Shield

I would love to see them create elite specialization like my suggestion below.

Warriors new mechanic would be when they use a new burst skill that places a well, "War Zone" in an area that pulses Vulnerability, Weakness, and Blindness, and grant's the Warrior Might, Aegis, and Quickness. They would also get Augment Skills that change based on if they're in or out of the War Zone.

Guardian new mechanic would cause their virtues to take mythical creatures forms and fight by their side, but like Elementalist, they can only attune to one virtue at a time. The F4 summons the creature. As they switch attunements their pet pulses the respective buff to surrounding allies. Their new skills would be Glyphs based on the virtue their attitude to.

Revenants new mechanics would be when they use F2, "Trance", like shroud, transforming them into the actual legends, gaining new weapon skills. Their energy mechanic now slowly reduces, allowing them last longer in the trance, but can't switch legends until the trance is over.

Rangers profession mechanics could allow Rangers to shapeshift into their pet, where their pet skills become their weapon skills. There would be an additional meter for how long you could stay transformed. Their new skills could be like Punishment skills.

Thieves new mechanic would be make their high initiative  fuel an Intuition point, where when they have Intuition they gain Aegis. Their new skills could be Perception Skills that buff the thief and allies.

Engineer mechanics would have their dodge changed to Phasing, similar to Mirage's Dodge. Their new skill set will focus on Matter displacement, but almost like preparations.

Mesmer professional mechanics would substitute their  clones for a doppelganger. It's like ranger pet or engineer mech, where when you summon a clone, you initally summon the doppelganger then each additional summon boost the impact of the shatters, as well as the health of the doppelganger. Their new skills will be summoning illusion like minions.

Necromancer new mechanic would change their F1 into a burst where they explode all the life force they gained into healing themselves and allies in the area, while damaging, knocking down, and fearing their foes, based on the amount of life force. Their new skills would be Traps.

Elementalist would have their fifth element attunement, Arcane. It's almost like a shroud, where it builds up power during combat, and then once it's attuned, it give a new set of weapon skills. The new skill set would be Wells.

Edited by VocalThought.9835
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I don't know if it intended or not but your post oozes sarcasm. 

Also, the first sentence is not a question but a statement. We don't know what will come with Expack 5 and 6. 

People are confused about you knowing stuff you can't know. 

I'm not trying to be sarcastic at all. I'm very matter of fact. There was a recent interview where the Devs stated that they are working on the 5th and 6th expansions, and when asked, they acknowledged that they intended to have new weapons for both, but weren't crossing out elite specializations from future expansions after the 5th. 

10 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

They said that the current elite spec should cover most of the gameplay that they intend for the various professions so I expect them to work a lot on the existing e-specs in the next 2 years. As for the 5th and 6th x-pac, I seriously doubt that there will be new weapons or e-specs since we are still waiting for the 4th x-pac weapon to be reworked and released 😉.

There was  recent interview that said they were going to the same as they did with the 4th expansion to the 5th and possibly the 6th, and are open to doing more elite specializations in the future. 

• Confused 1

On 12/31/2023 at 1:39 AM, Myror.7521 said:

They just said they want to announce something realy new and Special and big for next Expansion i think we need to wait for it? ;d. Also its gonna be new weapons as they Said also in that interview. But Chance to get new e-specs is not complete gone 🙂

You can get now a 4th sort of self completely build traitline that is inspired by the previous selected 3 traitlines. Only core builds can get this.

So you have a 4th sort of selfmade.

•Your major traits are a further extension of the 3 previous traitlines. You can choose which major trait belongs to which traitline to go in further, 1 traitline for 1 major each.

•Your minor traits are a further extension of the 3 previous traitlines too. You can choose tol which minor trait belongs to which traitline to go further in, 1 traitline for 1 minor each.

Edited by arazoth.7290

6 hours ago, VocalThought.9835 said:

There was  recent interview that said they were going to the same as they did with the 4th expansion to the 5th and possibly the 6th, and are open to doing more elite specializations in the future. 

They say a lot of things and often disappoint us, thought. I believe, their official stance is to stay open to any possibility in order to keep the playerbase on it's toes. Also, they are pretty good at word play.

Today they are telling us that they are open to doing more elite specialization and tomorow they might say that the new weapons are "like" new elite specializations with exciting new mechanics that bring another dimension to the gameplay of each profession.

For the 4th expansion (or maybe 5th at this point) it might be a new set of weapons for each profession but who can tell what it will be for the 6th? Maybe at some point they will just release elite skill kits common to all professions with their own "exciting mechanic" and we will simply accept it as "new e-specs" (Engineer would end up being the big winners and revenant would get nothing 🙃... Well they would probably not classify those elite skill kits as "kits" in order to avoid spoiling engineers, just like rangers get commands in stead of shouts).

• Like 1

Hopefully it will be something very big because the product itself..... the volume of content; the quality of content; the production speed of the volume and quality of content have all gone down a lot with Soto. I really hope this is because they are putting all the budget into working on something big. Because Soto is unlikely to be enough content to stop players from wandering over to other mmorpgs. If you're caught up with the older content the newer content is not very much to chew on tbh. I enjoyed the other xpacs and living word. I did feel EoD story was a bit drawn out personally but many apreciated all the lore. I REALLY hope for a big reveal. 

• Like 2

Im calling it first, engi new weapons will be another one that play excatly like the mortar kit... So a mortar kit 3.0... And probably the removal of some sigil effect... Are my expectation enough low anet?

Edited by Zzik.5873
  • Confused 3