There is no Story mode in the Arah dungeon.

I went into Story Mode with the group at level 80 and a member of the group asked me to leave the dungeon. I didn't understand why, but I went out in portal.

And now, there is no way to choose story mode, only Explorable Mode.

Why did this happen? How can I return the opportunity to complete the dungeon in Story Mode?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Omega.6801 said:

The last chapter of the personal story "Victory or Death" is considered Arah's story mode. If you have completed that story step, there is iirc no way to replay it.

Now I'm not sure.
It seemed to me that I chose Story Mode when I first started the dungeon. Could I do that?

5 minutes ago, tratataadasd.4610 said:

Now I'm not sure.
It seemed to me that I chose Story Mode when I first started the dungeon. Could I do that?

It's been a while for me, not gonna lie. But the wiki states that the Ruined City of Arah (Story) has been replaced by the Personal Story step Victory or Death.
-->https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ruined_City_of_Arah

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Omega.6801 said:

It's been a while for me, not gonna lie. But the wiki states that the Ruined City of Arah (Story) has been replaced by the Personal Story step Victory or Death.
-->https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ruined_City_of_Arah

Yes, I have read this article and information from other sources. I'm trying to figure out if I really started Story Mode or not.

Okay, thanks! I'll just keep playing.

I think if someone is on victory or death story step, they can bring others in to join to them, but the most likely explanation is people were doing one of the four explorable paths. Victory or Death does not require a team, explorable can be tough and so does. When you get to the final story step, you will be able to do Victory or Death

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think if someone is on victory or death story step, they can bring others in to join to them, but the most likely explanation is people were doing one of the four explorable paths. Victory or Death does not require a team, explorable can be tough and so does. When you get to the final story step, you will be able to do Victory or Death

Thank you. I will think that it seemed to me that I was able to choose the Story mode of this dungeon from the NPC in the LA, as I chose with the previous ones.

If anyone is on the final personal story step they could test it out: group up with another person (who isn't on that story step) and have that second person approach either the dungeon entrance or the Dungeon Transportation NPC in Lion's Arch and see if they get the option to enter story mode. There might be something weird going on where in that situation the option still appears.

There used to be a story mode which was also the final Personal Story chapter (as well as the culmination of the on-going narrative in the dungeon story modes), but some people who had completed the entire Personal Story up to that point solo were unhappy that they had to have a party for the very last step and I don't think it was run very often outside of completing the personal story so Anet changed it years ago to be just a story step, and possible to complete solo.

It's still possible to do it with a group (all story steps can be done with up to 5 people), but you need someone who is on that step to start it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tratataadasd.4610 said:

Thank you. I will think that it seemed to me that I was able to choose the Story mode of this dungeon from the NPC in the LA, as I chose with the previous ones.

I dont think it works like that as there isn't a story mode option at the npc any more like the other dungeons. I admit to being hazy here becuase I've only done that part of the dungeon once/twice many years since just after it changed. I think you do it via the lfg if someone else has gone to the dungeon entrance in Cursed SHore and begun their story. Otherwise you can only go explorable from the npc

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

I might be completely off here but I think there is still the story instance you can start as any other dungeons path but it was made solo able. So maybe for that reason it's not at the LA NPC. I would try in Cursed Shore, Arah portal. What happens there.

At launch, there was a story mode for Arah. The mission "Victory or Death" required you to enter the story mode of Arah.

But eventually, they ripped Arah's story mode out of the dungeon system and rebalanced it into the single player mission we have today.

My guess is that with the decline of dungeons, people eventually had issues finding a party for it. This possibly is the reason Arenanet changed it from a dungeon path to a single player instance.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

"My guess is that with the decline of dungeons, people eventually had issues finding a party for it. This possibly is the reason Arenanet changed it from a dungeon path to a single player instance."

Wish they'd go ahead and do that for the other dungeons...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Baddxian.3851 said:

Wish they'd go ahead and do that for the other dungeons...

I think they did that only to Arah, because Arah's story mode was required to finish the personal story.

The other dungeons' story modes have never been part of the personal story.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"The other dungeons' story modes have never been part of the personal story."

But they should have been...

(Not to hijack the thread, but that group-required final personal story step made me quit the game for a number of years.  After solo-ing my way to the end, I was forced to find a group to kill the big boss, and I felt betrayed by that.  I think I only came back after PoF was announced...)

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I wouldn't have minded that.

Same. The whole abandoning dungeons content from vanilla gw2 sucked. I personally enjoy smaller group content like 5 mans. Less room for error. Everyone has to do their part. If 1 out of 10 slacks off the other 10 can compensate. The smaller the group the harder it is to do that. We got fractals but I almost wish the core dungeons where 0 AR req fractals so the rewards where a bit more useful. 

• Sad 1