(Suggestion) Luck essences = material storage

I wonder why Luck Essences aren't considered a material that can be saved into the storage. It fills too many inventory spaces once you've reached the maximum luck level, and have to move all low tier essence to an artificer to refine them for the exotic ones (needed for legendary stuff, among others).

Maybe because it acts as a consumable + account upgrade?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

There is a lot of stuff that should be going into material storage that isn't. The essences are just one of the things. Coconut Milk should definitely go there too.

I would also like to see all of the intermediate crafting materials go there (like sword hilts and the lower tier food that is used to craft higher tier food etc).

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Well, considering the fact that luck main purpose is to be consumed and not hoarded (it's more a side effect of pushing the system at its limit), it make sense to have it not a storage material, as it's may cause many players to accidentally hoard it whitout realizing, damaging the progress of their Magic find.

So, unless you want to create a new "noobtrap", it's better as it is.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, considering the fact that luck main purpose is to be consumed and not hoarded (it's more a side effect of pushing the system at its limit), it make sense to have it not a storage material, as it's may cause many players to accidentally hoard it whitout realizing, damaging the progress of their Magic find.

So, unless you want to create a new "noobtrap", it's better as it is.

One solution to avoid this potential noobtrap while still catering to the OP's request could be to create a new version of the Essence of Luck items. Once an account is capped on luck, instead of receiving the standard Essence of Luck we're familiar with, the account would then start to receive a version that functions only as a crafting material, effectively removing the "consume" portion of the item and allowing it to be stored in the material storage. New players won't accidentally be able to not use this version as they'd receive the standard variety, and veteran accounts with capped luck can hoard the new version in peace and use them as they may need, if desired.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Material storage apparently has finite space apparently for adding extra materials to store. I think luck was one they designated as not one to take up space.

You would have to look up the blog about it a few years for more accurate info

Edited by Randulf.7614
Luck, not lick

Each piece of PvE legendary armor will require 250 Exotic Essence of Luck.  It was originally not a crafting item but it is now.  There are a lot of items that were always crafting items that were never added to mat storage, like Pristine Feathers.  Maybe it's a loophole that they consider it a trophy but it's still a Scrbe crafting mat.

If mat storage really is limited that will have a big impact on game design in the future.  No more map currencies/tokens at some point.

• Like 2

Even after upgrading to max 2500 material storage there are lot of bulk items that don't go into mat storage. 😑

Despite knowing about the problem for years there is no sign of addressing so i can only think that this is intended by design so that you are forced to buy more character slots or bank slots.

Kill proofs from raids and strikes should go into material storage, but it's not a thing so it sits in a dedicated bank tab for all eternity.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Like 4

I'd do the following: keep the current system: once 300 of luck have been reached, increments that magical luck number we can all see in the hero panel, so we can keep consuming luck instead of hoarding it.

That being said, there should be a merchant that uses this "consumed luck number" as a currency, and provide essence of luck to buy.

This way, we can consume all of our luck, but when needed (for crafting or festival purposes) we can just get it back.

For those who think they did nothing, here is the Reddit thread on it (the forum thread was deleted). It's 7 years ago, but even then it was a side project that took several months to update and overhaul.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6gd2iy/update_to_linsey_murdocks_material_storage_side/

For reference, I completely support additional material storage options, but it was clear not everything could go in (I'd argue that should have been thought of in design, but hindsight is what it is).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1