January 30 Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

Kinda shocked to see they the comment about quick berserker, but no notice of the wildly overperforming condi berserker in pvp!? That build is completely dominating at all levels of play.

Also would like to say that dh is still kind of a problem in pvp specifically because it's such a noob killer. I know several people who just stopped playing almost immediately because how hard that spec punishes newer players. That's bad for the game mode.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, VictorLeal.4102 said:

I wanted to understand why increase the cooldown of a scourge skill (that heals and fear enemies) so much by setting it to 60 seconds instead of giving a ICD for Transfusion...  You guys just don't like Scourge, right? lol

It's only when taking the trait. But, yeah, tripling the CD is very harsh.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Goosekilla.2796 said:

Kinda shocked to see they the comment about quick berserker, but no notice of the wildly overperforming condi berserker in pvp!? That build is completely dominating at all levels of play.

Also would like to say that dh is still kind of a problem in pvp specifically because it's such a noob killer. I know several people who just stopped playing almost immediately because how hard that spec punishes newer players. That's bad for the game mode.

Overperforming Condi berseker in pvp?! are you nuts? go see what Harbringer can do or other necros then say your oppinion about warriors, since when warrior is dominating in WICH level of play with all nerfs on all modes for past few years, you played this class at all? i recomended try fight against thief or necro, maybe try get willbender, then spread fakerumors about warrior being overpowered ( i play only warrior since game goes free to play and play to this day, so i know what im saying when it comes to warrior being weak, not mention this class is constantly and unjust nerfed on PVE 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It's only when taking the trait. But, yeah, tripling the CD is very harsh.

Yes, but if the person wants to use the transfusion trait they lose  the 20s cd of an important skill , the skill cooldown should be the same and transfusion should have a higher ICD.

But I know what they tried to do is that it's totally lazy, they did it this way because then they wouldn't have to create an indicator to show that the transfusion is ready to use and instead they will use the skill's cooldown for that.

Edited by VictorLeal.4102
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Rongaron.9213 said:

Overperforming Condi berseker in pvp?! are you nuts? go see what Harbringer can do or other necros then say your oppinion about warriors, since when warrior is dominating in WICH level of play with all nerfs on all modes for past few years, you played this class at all? i recomended try fight against thief or necro, maybe try get willbender, then spread fakerumors about warrior being overpowered ( i play only warrior since game goes free to play and play to this day, so i know what im saying when it comes to warrior being weak, not mention this class is constantly and unjust nerfed on PVE 

Lol I guess you don't watch the auto tournies? Or play any higher tier games? Sorry you aren't good at warrior, but yeah a good warrior (esp condi zerker, but the lockdown spellbreaker somewhat also) is an unkillable duelist right now, which is a huge problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Rongaron.9213 said:

Since when Warrior is unkillavle duelist? you sure you play same game as i do? 

Pvp experience depends very hard on the specific games and context, so not sure I do play it the same as you. But it's a fact regularly recognized by casters and others.

Edited by Goosekilla.2796

by casters and others you mean thief or harbringers fanboys who cang get over being killed by warrior by somekind of big mirracle or maybe just they are bad at it (btw im not consider myself as hight skilled player at all, but warrior, in compare to others classes is pretty outgunned when comes to kits, skills and stats even, try beat perva evade/teleport thiefs or "One skill and one shot rotation" Harbringer as condi warrior even, i wish you a fgL

2 charges of Barrage in WvW? Hahahah this is one of the most random changes ever. I really don't know why you felt the need to do this but I look forward to playing with it.

I get why Karakosa was nerfed. I wish instead of nerfing Echoing Eruption's number of blast finishers, you just made it so Karakosa could only trigger once per skill use. The 3-finisher aspect of this skill was such a fun thing to play and was very unique to the skil. The only reasons I can see these changes happening are because of Karakosa and the upcoming scepter. Really big bummer. Hope the scepter has some good changes coming because I absolutely hated it during the beta.

Making on-heal relics with low ICDs and balancing the numbers around these low ICDs makes it a lot less flexible for classes that don't have access to low-CD heals. This basically limits it to FB, Mes, and Rev. Not pretending to know the solution but I still find it a bit annoying.

Looking forward to playing with mantra heals some more now. Thank you for allowing MoP to be used without a target again!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Mesmer

• Restorative Mantras: This trait now triggers when using a mantra ammunition skill instead of when charging a mantra. Reduced the base healing from 1,640 to 820. Reduced the healing coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5.

I'm mitigated on this one. Mesmer mantras are not the firebrand's; the most powerful effect is on preparation, not on its charges. The shortest CD is on the preparation, not the charges. I prefer firing away the charges to focus on the preparation effect rather than the charges, aside from the Mantra of resolve/Power cleanse (which has little use considering the condi cleanse of the healer mesmer).

Those mirage nerfs though... ouch. Hope the real impact won't be as heavy as it looks like it might be.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Quickness Untamed in PvE is going to be a monster.

But, I'm mostly competitive and I have to second the 'lol' at double ammo barrage in WvW.  I mean, definitely will take it, but feel like there's going to be a lot of new meme builds to come from this.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet 😂.

WvW players: Alright Rangers, proceed to Barrage spam the zerg!!

• Confused 1

power scrapper are both a bit overtuned in PvE " - Citation needed. 
Seriously the power scrapper nerf isn't even a skill that power scrappers run because most power scrappers are giving quickness. Additionally there are only 2 fights in the game that you want to run power scrapper in at all and power scrapper competes heavily with firebrand, a class that has been overpowered and protected by anet since path of fire launched. Wouldn't want firebrands to lose slots for those 2 raid fights. 

Out of touch development team that spends too much time listening to mightyteacup and mela. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Revenant

In addition to toning down the damage of power vindicator in PvE, we've made some minor adjustments to axe to improve its usability for condition builds.

• Echoing Eruption: Reduced the number of blast finishers from 3 to 1. This skill now also grants might to the user.

Not a fan of the accidental nerf to might generation for heal support builds for herald. The blast finishers were one of the few ways to still stack might consistently, as well as a good cleansing option with light fields (especially with tablet since you need to have the light field activated anyway for quickness).

Is there no intention to revisit the horrible gameplay necessitated by the Vindicator changes from the previous balance patch? 

The removal of Vigor completely from Vindicator, the added clunky rotational ability, the overall lower Endurance, the inconsistency of gameplay if you don't have external vigor, the still nerfed greatsword (why are swords still the preferred weapon instead of Vindicator's own weapon)? 

This is exceptionally disappointing, because Vindicator continues to have mechanical and thematic issues that the balance patches are completely ignoring, instead focusing on only numeric adjustments that are both unnecessary and won't be significantly impactful. 

Please reconsider the mechanical issues outlined above and give us some concrete plan to resolve them. The current iteration of the elite specialization is easily the worst it's ever been, despite benchmark numbers. For a profession that typically flows so elegantly due to the energy system, the previous balance patch managed to muck that up completely for Vindicator specifically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JDub.1530 said:

But you also lose the AOE burning proc for other weapons. So now it's almost entirely a Torch trait

It does, but because you can use both charges on command and then have them enter cooldown, it's now theoretically more viable to swap to a different offhand weapon while the cooldown is going rather than hanging on to torch like a safety blanket for the chance at a free Radiant Fire proc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

No boon build should go past 36k rule.
No matter the popularity, the build did 37k and got bonked a bit back into boons with dps nerf and might buff.

Just started to read the thread and saw this. I feel the need to point out.
The boon build doesn't take the might trait. The trait they nerfed is in the same row as the quickness trait. They nerfed an irrelevant trait for a build that sees almost no use. 

So, making a point about the upcoming balance patch...

- Willbender shall remain a sort of DnD cleric buffer possessed by an ancient assassin spirit using dual vorpal sword to cleave till death everything in range, infinite shadowsteps and huge aoe damage.

- Celestial and Ministrel shall remain mandatory in a massive battleground content that was supposed to promote diversity about gear stats.

- PvP (arena content) DE has performed a little too much cuz of shadowsteps + stealth mechanic then you are going to "tune it down a little bit" by doubling the initiative cost of  its main mechanic that will result in a barely shooting DE unable to escape (basically a dummy statue of a war hero dead sniper)... Just to clear it again from 2 to 4 means you are doubling a cost on a 12-15 pool scale. Math has never been your best Anet.

- Core classes will remain totally untouched in order to stay on the very bottom of the performance even with the increasing power creep (all cores except the mightful guardian ofc, we love our OP all-doing hero). Cuz "pay to win" is an offensive diction, we do prefer "update to win".

- Warrior has still nonsensed stuff going on like the buff which is a Nerf on Defiant stance that by giving protection actually does reduce the healing by 33% and my favorite, the Defensive stance line that has no longer scaling bonuses from toughness to power (seems sensed to me, why should u get bonuses from toughness by choosing a line that is called DEFENSE)

- Thief: deadly aim still something outrageous to see and will never get any real use as much as the trait standing above of practiced tolerance (can't remember the name) which applies useless vuln. >>After<< a stellth attack.

What to say?? Patch Success is in our tradition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would suggest another "minor" Change:

Make all Support-AoE-Skills at least 360 default Radius!

Placing healing- or boon-fields with 180 or 240 radius just sucks... for the healers and the targeted players.

If anyone agrees please use the thanks Emoji.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2