Firebrand support is in a good state

Normally I do not post my builds but in order to cure the metasheep population of their preconceived notions here it is 😄

=============================
Valor - 1 - 1 - 1
Honor - 1 - 2 - 3
Firebrand - 3 - 3 - 3

Rabid amulet
Rune of the Druid
Relic of Lyhr(Or Relic of [Defender/Monk/Herald] if you do not know how to make use of Lyhr without dying)

Staff | Sigil of Transference/Smoldering

Mace / Shield | Sigil of Transference/Smoldering

Utilities
Signet of Resolve
Signet of Mercy
"Stand your Ground!"
Mantra of Lore
Mantra of Liberation

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

On 1/12/2024 at 4:10 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Any chance of getting some explanation for how your build works and why? Gw2Skills theory crafting is good and all, but needs some support to whatever point you're trying to make.

Using Relic of Lhyr in conjunction with Altruism to cover the cost of the relics tradeoff, on a boon spammer condi build (fire tome)/healing with all the other stuff

I get the idea and in principle the theorycraft is good but the buildcraft is ehh…it could be better. For instance he should only invest in Condition damage, toughness and healing…toughness doesn’t exist with healing in pvp so i would suggest dropping the healer dream and go full condi damage/boon spam with the Lhyr relic effect so that a main healer (like a tempest) can cook.

that means at least changing pure of heart to empowering might, or dropping honor all together, and putting on the traitline that gives you all the fire buffs/might spam buffs.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Thanks 1

I'd say the build above is better for soloQ rather than trying to herd  heal random pugs. OP's build however is probably meant to play alongside a solid condi spec that has enough pressure to have people misfocus and waste their CDs during Lyhr uptime (Harbinger or Condizerker come to mind). If you land random pugs that run away from boons you'd be out of luck on that setup.

8 hours ago, Nothing.8564 said:

Normally I do not post my builds but in order to cure the metasheep population of their preconceived notions here it is 😄

Valor - 1 - 1 - 1
Honor - 1 - 2 - 3
Firebrand - 3 - 3 - 3

Rabid amulet
Rune of the Druid
Relic of Lyhr(Or Relic of [Defender/Monk/Herald] if you do not know how to make use of Lyhr without dying)

Staff | Sigil of Transference/Smoldering

Mace / Shield | Sigil of Transference/Smoldering

Utilities
Signet of Resolve
Signet of Mercy
"Stand your Ground!"
Mantra of Lore
Mantra of Liberation

And was is the supposed role of this?

While we're at it lol. Here is a direct support build with some occasional aoe condi for pressure.

The aoe pressure is just activate tome of justice press skill 5 first, then skill 4 and leave the tome.

build:

•Honor traits: 2-2-1

•Virtues traits: 2-2-3

•Firebrand traits: 3-3-3

•Skills: Receive The Light, Signet of Mercy, Advance!, Bow of Truth, Mantra of Liberation.

•Weapons: Staff + Mace/Shield

•Sigils: Sigils of Transference + Sigils of Energy.

•Amulet, rune, relic: Sage Amulet, Rune of the Druid, Relic of the Defender

Works best with current ranked season and not bad at all in 5v5 premade or with a good duo, solo is too much rng as support imo.

ps. They should make most Tome abilties instant cast time and 1/4sec max for fluent reactive playing.

Dont stay too long in tomes, press the 1 or 2 abilties needed and get back to your weapons using for support/sustain too. Most know that I think who play guard, but just in case.

Edited by arazoth.7290

I usually play Firebrand as a utility teamfight DPS instead. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAw2FlRweYfsL2IW+PbPVA-D6IWIZWClGB9mAecVAAA

Works surprisingly well. Been playing it this way for years, and it's actually been slowly buffed over time. The recent addition of the Redemption trait was a big one since you rely much less on Altruistic Healing than you did before. 

I will sometimes run Mantra of liberation if CC is in abundance. 

Edited by Kuma.1503

fine i'll share my sick af fb build with u noobs. 

[&DQEQGS4bPi84AQAABAEAAEwBAACKAAAANwEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADVgBmADMAAA==]
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWAUmA7j1xyYjYJbt9eB

carrion/nayos relic/balthazar

scepter/torch + either axe/shield or hammer if you're feeling spicy. 

f2 2+5 both remove condis and therefore proc nayos. 5 changes condis to boons

contemplation of purity - stun break that changes boons to condis and therefore heals u

save yourselves OR smite condition for more nayos procs if you want.

f3 - 4 is a stun break  - remember that. 

signet will remove a condi passively and also proc nayos. i play smoldering/cleansing on both sets. 

Edit: if u choose hammer you should also take judge's intervention. hammer 5, judges, hammer 4, justice 3 is a nasty combo. also swap to glacial heart. 

another  one of my fav combos is hammer 4 into judges, hammer 2, axe 3 then f1-3. just a rudeeee combo. 

Edited by Eddie.9143

Just give firebrand tome chapter abilties most of them no cast time required and some max 1/4 sec cast time. 

Firebrand already has a lot to press, some more responsive/reactive speed of getting those off is needed.

This looks to be the biggest problem of it currently. You can omega buff the abilities more till broken, but that isn't the right path.

This way you can go in and out what's needed from the tomes and back to your weapon abilties/other skills. There is more to press then elementalist even, so it's needed.

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Just give firebrand tome chapter abilties most of them no cast time required and some max 1/4 sec cast time. 

Firebrand already has a lot to press, some more responsive/reactive speed of getting those off is needed.

This looks to be the biggest problem of it currently. You can omega buff the abilities more till broken, but that isn't the right path.

This way you can go in and out what's needed from the tomes and back to your weapon abilties/other skills. There is more to press then elementalist even, so it's needed.

This is the biggest issue, anet wants you to spec all quickness w/ quickness mantra and ult, because if they do this, then it'll be bonkers with quickness.

The choices fb has to choose between are too drastic 

On 1/12/2024 at 1:37 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

While we're at it lol. Here is a direct support build with some occasional aoe condi for pressure.

The aoe pressure is just activate tome of justice press skill 5 first, then skill 4 and leave the tome.

build:

•Honor traits: 2-2-1

•Virtues traits: 2-2-3

•Firebrand traits: 3-3-3

•Skills: Receive The Light, Signet of Mercy, Advance!, Bow of Truth, Mantra of Liberation.

•Weapons: Staff + Mace/Shield

•Sigils: Sigils of Transference + Sigils of Energy.

•Amulet, rune, relic: Sage Amulet, Rune of the Druid, Relic of the Defender

Works best with current ranked season and not bad at all in 5v5 premade or with a good duo, solo is too much rng as support imo.

ps. They should make most Tome abilties instant cast time and 1/4sec max for fluent reactive playing.

Dont stay too long in tomes, press the 1 or 2 abilties needed and get back to your weapons using for support/sustain too. Most know that I think who play guard, but just in case.

Updated it

Fb might actually be playable next patch. I don't agree with the logic of patching before adding the new weapons, though.

They should add the new weapons right now, and then patch in 2 weeks, then patch again in another 2 weeks. 

Not only is a mediocre support overshadowed by the core version of itself, but also since the developers are stubborn with the idea that Firebrand can only fit a support role they provide us a mediocre support that can't be a dps, a tank or a bruiser (I won't demand it to be a quick roamer or +1 since that's Willbender role, but for sure  Firebrand could have traits than just "bad support ones".

10 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Fb might actually be playable next patch. I don't agree with the logic of patching before adding the new weapons, though.

They should add the new weapons right now, and then patch in 2 weeks, then patch again in another 2 weeks. 

new weapons are not finished SOTO was a Kickstarter program. first get the money from the player than start working on what they promised.

• Confused 1

On 1/13/2024 at 4:29 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

ANET please listen to this, start buffing specs that are actually hard to play. Buff fire brand so its the new fotm gaurd build.. core is to easy. Buff scepter condi so people will play temepst hybrid again, buff w/e on rev.. some extremely promosing support/hyrbrid builds. Loads of options ontop of that, druid, specter (if you ever fix its bloated scepter 3).

I just finished a game with a plat herald on enemy team who was out damaged by his silver to low gold core thief.. who did nothing other tha spam 3 all game. It was actually easier to kill the plat herald than the thief.. thanks to Anets refusel to skill index things like thief stealth/mobility. Yet another example of god aweful game design.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't buff scepter, else signet cata will come to torment you in your dreams.

Signet cata was an abomination from start. They had to nerf scepter to keep cata in check while killing core/weaver/tempest condi specs.

But nobody plays signet ele, cata or otherwise, so it was a dead move.