[POLL] Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW

[POLL] Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW

• Warrior (Berserker, Spellbreaker, Bladesworn)
    • Guardian (Dragonhunter, Firebrand, Willbender)
    • Revenant (Herald, Renegade, Vindicator)
    • Engineer (Scrapper, Holosmith, Mechanist)
    • Ranger (Druid, Soulbeast, Untamed)
    • Thief (Daredevil, Deadeye, Specter)
    • Elementalist (Tempest, Weaver, Catalyst)
    • Mesmer (Chronomancer, Mirage, Virtuoso)
    • Necromancer (Reaper, Scourge, Harbinger)
    • None of the above, they're all fun to face!
    • All of the above, too much CC's boons invuls, I don't even know why I'm in wvw!

On 1/11/2024 at 10:58 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW, you turn around and look for something else because their spec or class mechanic is just not fun to face.

This is still remaining interesting since I think it applies more to small scale since in large scale you don't even have at times to know what's in the mix. 

On 1/14/2024 at 12:26 AM, ilMasa.2546 said:

Willbender and thief: it's not for the damage,it's more for the constant resets and mobility

Pretty much the worst offenders I have on my list too.
Current data shows Thief => Guardian => Mesmer and then Ele & Necro (including all the Elites of course). I think Necro and Ele should trade places (from my POV as an Ele player and in general profession observation). Why Engi is last I don't really understand, because I would probably put Warrior there (because those are the most predictable at first glance). The Boon vomit option still beating those two is also to note.

• Confused 1

People don't like mesmers cause they get confused with the illusions, tact on stealth makes it hard for them to fight. 🤷‍♂️

But I'd rather fight that than a cc boon defense spamming ele that can still smack you like a truck anytime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thieves, period. Just zero fun to 'fight' something I can't see.

Good Catalysts.

Condi Revs...because I suck against them 😕

Clone mesmers...I'm getting better at it, definitely skill issue, but hey...still hate 'em.

Anything super tanky regardless of class simply because it's boring. I'll poke and if I don't dent you enough, I rather move on. Meh.

However...I'm still new and havn't yet tried out all the classes to learn their skills. Most of what I 'hate' to fight is due to me not knowing what I'm doing. So I hope that eventually this will only be thieves (because I doubt that'll ever change lol).

PS: Only talking 1v1 here, in any other constillation the only thing I hate to face are thieves...because...yeah...

Edited by Firefly.5982
  • Confused 1

I hate thieves, maybe it's because I'm getting old and don't have the same reaction speed but the time they are visible and not in stealth, they make distance so fast I can rarely get a hit in. Even with long ranged weapons by the time I get off a shot in the right facing, they're already out of range.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Specs that can't lose are the worst. You win an engagement and they reset (stealth/dash/teleport away) until they're ready to try again. You win 5 engagements. They reset. Eventually they wear down all of your cooldowns or get lucky and then they win. 

Thief is the worst, but Willbender and several mesmer builds are nearly as anti-fun to play against. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I really understand those that write that catalyst hits like a truck since today.

I normally roam around everyday and i almost never have problems in fights. Willbenders can be annoying if they catch me offguard but i mostly survive.
But this Catalyst I met today was insane.
He spit out so many high-damage hits that it wasnt possible to dodge them all. Additionally I play a projectile based build and catalyst has quite a lot of reflect so that was additionally annoying.
https://imgur.com/a/4Zk2pzd

I voted for thief anyway because it happens quite rarely i meet a good catalyst or ele at all.
Thief is just straight up annoying because of that runaway/reset stuff. I even had thieves running out of combat and switching to a counter build within like 2 sec. I didnt even have time to cleanse their condis so i was still in combat while they switched *beep* builds.
And willbender...well its easy to play so willbenders are mostly a pain because of big damage, high defense and good mobility. Aside from that it feels like 50% of roamers are willbenders.

So my number 1 would be thief.
Number 2 is willbender.
Number 3 is probably (a good) catalyst.

Edited by SeTect.5918

1 hour ago, SeTect.5918 said:

I really understand those that write that catalyst hits like a truck since today.

I normally roam around everyday and i almost never have problems in fights. Willbenders can be annoying if they catch me offguard but i mostly survive.
But this I met today Catalyst was insane.
He spit out so many high-damage hits that it wasnt possible to dodge them all. Additionally I play a projectile based build and catalyst has quite a lot of reflect so that was additionally annoying.

I voted for thief anyway because it happens quite rarely i meet a good catalyst or ele at all.
Thief is just straight up annoying because of that runaway/reset stuff. I even had thieves running out of combat and switching to a counter build within like 2 sec. I didnt even have time to cleanse their condis so i was still in combat while they switched *beep* builds.
And willbender...well its easy to play so willbenders are mostly a pain because of big damage, high defense and good mobility. Aside from that it feels like 50% of roamers are willbenders.

Number 2 is willbender.

In todays game they expect you to hit invul for all those hits. Four different skills hitting for over 8k. Thanks Biased balance. 😏

3 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

But this I met today Catalyst was insane.

Number 2 is willbender.

There's a good chance that catalyst's damage was on a cele build too