[POLL] Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW

[POLL] Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW

• Warrior (Berserker, Spellbreaker, Bladesworn)
    • Guardian (Dragonhunter, Firebrand, Willbender)
    • Revenant (Herald, Renegade, Vindicator)
    • Engineer (Scrapper, Holosmith, Mechanist)
    • Ranger (Druid, Soulbeast, Untamed)
    • Thief (Daredevil, Deadeye, Specter)
    • Elementalist (Tempest, Weaver, Catalyst)
    • Mesmer (Chronomancer, Mirage, Virtuoso)
    • Necromancer (Reaper, Scourge, Harbinger)
    • None of the above, they're all fun to face!
    • All of the above, too much CC's boons invuls, I don't even know why I'm in wvw!

I hate warriors (signet of might), vindicators (won't die), druids (stealth), mesmers (stealth), thieves (stealth), elementalists (won't die). I run wb so I know how to handle other wbs, harbs are easy to handle on wb/vindi and engis... are engis. Grenade would be a problem if I didn't already know to expect it.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I hate warriors (signet of might), vindicators (won't die), druids (stealth), mesmers (stealth), thieves (stealth), elementalists (won't die). I run wb so I know how to handle them, harbs are easy to handle on wb/vindi and engis... are engis. Grenade would be a problem if I didn't already know to expect it.

A good WillBender can handle almost anything as they can kite away when they cant

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• XenesisII.1540 changed the title to [POLL] Which Class do you HATE to face in WvW
12 minutes ago, Kayowin.9217 said:

A good WillBender can handle almost anything as they can kite away when they cant

Why play pvp if you're afraid of dying?

My post is with the assumption the willbender wants to get the kill and not just "not die". The latter doesn't matter to me. For me, if you didn't kill them, you didn't win.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Why play pvp if you're afraid of dying?

My post is with the assumption the willbender wants to get the kill and not just "not die". The latter doesn't matter to me. For me, if you didn't kill them, you didn't win.

I never said anything about "afraid of dying".   

I made an observation based upon the perception of and experience of fighting "good" WB's from the WvW community and my own experiences.  I stand by it.  You can also substitute and for as if that helps your interpretation of it.  

I chose Willbender.

And in my mind, I also changed the subject of the vote to "Which class do you HATE to face in WvW because they're just going to run away if they can't beat you in the first 3 seconds".

Thief was a close second.  I don't hate to fight any class/spec in WvW. What I hate are the classes that have the ability to run away every time they're outclassed in a fight.

The best part is Anet came up with these abilities with PvE in mind. What is going on in PvE that necessitates running away like Willbenders and Thieves do???  Is there some sort of track-meet mini-game out there that I'm not aware of???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Thief and Willbender. Since Willbender doesn't have its own section I chose Thief.
Actually it's not the profession itself I dislike, but rather the way people play it. That "harrassing people and run away before defeat" playstyle is just disgraceful.

• Like 6

I still think it's thief. The best way to do it is port out because it's not fun to fight something that is either invisible or running away while still can hit you. The class basically shows how terrible Anets balancing always was and it's like that for 11 years now.

• Like 2

Thief, mainly from one particular experience. Riding next to a keep, theif comes out of stealth and has enough dmg to demount me (rifle; mind you even with 2x warclaw leaps was not enough to run away) then proceeds to kite me with no real way for me to close the gab and I'm dead in like 3 seconds. (I was wearing full marauders, mix of exotic and asc if that matters)

And willbender, I think everyone knows what the reason is for hating this matchup...too many pro and not many cons to this spec. Don't get me wrong, spec is amazing, great QOL and it looks polished, but if you're going to do this to one class at least attempt to do the same for others. (when you buff a class you essentially nerf the others idk why anet doesn't see that)

(Not to mention a recent post of mine in other WvW post regarding this spec has been deleted, guess pointing out obv willbender shills is not allowed)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Elite Specs should be split because each class has about 1 triggering spec.

The Specs I hate fighting the most are Cele Berserkers, Power Bladesworns, Power or Cele Bunker Vindicators, Cele Renegades, Condi Druids, Cele Bunker Soulbeasts/Untamed, Power Rifle Deadeye, Cele Hammer Catalyst, and Cele Death Magic Harbingers.

Why do I hate fighting them? Because they are stacked specs with access to too much damage, sustain, mobility, and utility. All of these specs/builds have so much defense/sustain they are unkillable to 90% of the other specs/builds while holding onto enough damage to mow you down. My favorite build is a power Holosmith build designed around converting conditions into boons and healing for each condition converted, logically it should be the hard counter for condition or hybrid builds but spoiler, it still melts when I fight any of those builds I listed. I've had to start pre-stacking a Bloodlust Sigil just to have a fighting chance in WvW these days because I cannot deal enough damage to get these builds below 50% (My stats are good for a power build too, between 2300-2500 Power before might and bloodlust, 70% Crit, and 200% Crit Damage.) I just got back from a month-long break from Guild Wars 2 and after a few hours of WvW, I feel ready for another break.

For some reason, Anet doesn't seem to care about power creep, so they keep buffing stacked specs, ruining the fun of small-scale WvW.  I know some people like to say anet doesn't balance around small-scale WvW but that's not quite true because they have in the past for Catalyst. The fact of the matter is that anet should balance small-scale because it is a large part of WvW and it is easier for new players to get into.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Thanks 4

On 1/13/2024 at 8:14 AM, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Where is an option "cowards"? There's special kind of people that only fight if they have number advantage otherwise they run away 24/7 from you. Beside that, teefs.

The option exists. It's thieves and more specific deadeye.

Mostly Willbender and Catalyst.

Peramastealth Thieves are a lot weaker. So far every single one I have encountered has exactly one attack-teleport-pattern and uses always the exact same positions. They usually do not run celesital, which means they are toast if you catch them. Willbender and Catalyst hit like a truck, are fast as a rabbit, tons of blocks and evades and even if you happen to catch them, you deal very little damage to them. Not to forget their great HP recovery.

The only really annoying thing about Theives is the iNtEnDeD mEcHaNiC of shadowstepping + stealth while stomping a player. If my Engineer had that ability, it was fixed within the first month. #3s-stealth-elite-skill.

If I had to pick between the two, Catalyst. Willbender when downed is basically dead. But an Elementalist has the vapor form ready instantly. Running away with invulnerability active, very long distance, most often through a gate. The most coward design.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

But an Elementalist has the vapor form ready instantly. Running away with invulnerability active, very long distance, most often through a gate. The most coward design

I’m happy a lot thatvi have this, it’s very strong. But sometimes i encounter players that manage to immob me, so i stay there as a mistcloud.

it‘s about 1 in 3 times this happens.

• Haha 1

I voted for guardians, thieves, and members in that order. First and foremost willbenders, due to being a roided up version of the Nike warriors of old(but even more mobility, condi damage, boon access and still have access to group stuff core guards have over those old Nike warriors). Next is all thieves, still very dangerous but have a better chance on taking one down or at least stale mating as if you can deal some damage they may have to stealth and you get a window for a draw. Members being last as they can still be just as dangerous as the other two, but are usually easier to escape from as they have to choose between some mobility skills for damage ones if you start to run from them, instead of thief and willbender having natural mobility skills(weapons, f skills).

On starting to win over these classes, thief and mesmer have to utilize stealth well to survive, which can be countered, but most reveals are weak or are on a skill that you have to slot something much better on(like the mesmer's problem earlier), so you have to know in advance and downgrade something just for a chance at reveal....however even without a reveal it's more engaging than when you start to win against a willbender, and they just run, move, block, move, move again, and if still in range they start to invuln to get all their f skills back. It's just frustrating to watch the entire process compared to an enemy stealth where they got away smartly and you missed, nah a willbender is like "I have boots of escaping! See ya!"