Is it over?

Is it the end of any hopes for WvW?

Do we have to accept that now and forever from now on, WvW was and will still and always be summarizable to "i am in the outnumbered team, so no matter how hard i try, it will be useless" or "i am in the outnumbering team, so no matter what i do, it will not be necessary"?

It would have needed a program that analyse every player's behavior regularly, to understand how to team them to have most maps full at every hour of the day. Something dynamic.

Sad.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Today is just acceptance of the situation

A lot of us have already reached the last stage of grief some number of years ago.

Now I'm seeing the irony in OP's display name: "Melancholy Forever"

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2024 at 11:58 PM, Melancholy Forever.3965 said:

Do we have to accept that now and forever from now on, WvW was and will still and always be summarizable to "i am in the outnumbered team, so no matter how hard i try, it will be useless" or "i am in the outnumbering team, so no matter what i do, it will not be necessary"?

It would have needed a program that analyse every player's behavior regularly, to understand how to team them to have most maps full at every hour of the day. Something dynamic.

Sad.

all team will always be outnumbered, ... 3 sides, you will always be facing 2 other enemies...

• Confused 1

On 1/22/2024 at 10:58 AM, Melancholy Forever.3965 said:

Sad.

The 5 stages of Grief to Accept WvW Death

• Denial- to absorb the hard Truth that Anet has abbonded WvW Community concerns and their Toxic experiences
  • Anger-hiding the pain of the reality that Anet refuse to change, then taking out our anger at fellow players including forums

• Bargaining-finding ways in creating a lot of “what if” and “if only” Anet care about WvW Community and its player experiences. 

• Depression-feeling stuck, helpless by reaching out to players including forums for Reassurance that Anet still care about WvW. You keep lying to yourself over and over that Anet cares about your  input and "constructive" suggestions then seeing things are only worse with each "balance" patch after patch

• Acceptance-to the reality and hard truth that 12 years has gone by with having a new year with having the same continuing, repetative history of no communication, no disreagard with no actions taken, to give Hope and Care to finally resolve the revolving door of WvW Community concerns. Once again, with having the same continual, repettive excpetions being made with "Balance", it is better to learn to let go because another year will go by, then another year and then another with having the same results with no serious action taken to care about WvW Community and its players

'The real reason why you’re hurting?'

"You’re attached to people who have been distant with you. You’re paying attention to people who ignore you. You make time for people who are “too busy” for you. You’re too caring to people who are careless when it comes to you."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 4

And the point of this thread added.................

On 1/22/2024 at 10:58 AM, Melancholy Forever.3965 said:

Sad.

Did I see some outnumbered yes? What did I do when I saw outnumbered? Same as usual. Popped any bonuses and went out to find things to take and peeps to hunt. 

As a Bauhaus fan and considering the account name I will need to go with turn that frown upside down and what were you seeing based on what you might normally, to give more context. Week 2 is drawing to an end before the next resort. Ended up in T1 NA and even there at times there was outnumbered on some of the maps, EBG included. So how to read this? That populations were spread enough to allow some maps to be lite? People were assigned to servers and didn't show?  The sorts included more PvXers than expected? Could go on.

The point is there are a lot of attributes that define WvW players that might impact sorts which is also why we need this done under a production environment to get the best numbers. Will some players visit a PTS server? Yes, but how many when it means they gain nothing for it? So doing this live makes sense for those that might question that.

Side note:

"It would have needed a program that analyse every player's behavior regularly, to understand how to team them to have most maps full at every hour of the day. Something dynamic."

So you were looking to outnumber the other side the entire time? So is this just an issue of you are stacked where you normally are at and are not used to the other side of the coin? Sorry but this is how this is kind of coming out. Want to try and add detail? If you really want to encourage WR changes, more detail about who/what/where might give more impactful feedback to see changes to matching. 

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

what's WvW?

It's that place that everyone seems to ask that we get a stick and two rocks and then play is balanced across the board and rainbows lead us all to that pots of gold to win.

Or maybe its more like hanging out in a Pub and after a few too many that GWEN is kind of cute and has a really nice smile. 

Next you know Willie has gotten GWEN's attention and you are off base and a bit grumpy and are blaming the numbers on your side. 

While being grumpy, you notice a Lizard and a Spock walk into the Pub and GWEN winks at them. Now you are all sorts of confused and question your choices while out of rocks. 

Or as some of us say, it's a Tuesday.

Hope this helps. 

Real note: lol! Happy Reset Arianth and may your bags be full during the new sort test! 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:16 PM, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

I prefer "The End" from The Doors 🙂

Oh, good choice. "My only friends the end... " I didn't appreciate the Doors so much till I had a friend that after work would hang out under the stars and play the various albums to wind down from the day. All made more more sense in that setting and I admit was relaxing in that context.

Ok, you are trying to draw me into the youtube rabbit hole. Not cool, not cool. 

I will end up in Xen's or Luranni's channel laughing my kitten off at antics. This doesn't help sleep I will have to say. Though plus one for the thought lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I literally quit WvW for good so... 🫤

I am sorry to hear this. I have only switched servers but once to join old friends after losing others. I like trying to win, but its more the fun of the journey and the laughs along the ways personally. So took the beta like links and used it at times to connect with those from the other side of the fence. Was fun to connect with old and new Havocs. Was fun to see other roamers on the same side. Liked finding other players that may grow to be grumpy. But I can't tell how all tiers balanced out. So I am watching feedback and asking questions since each beta has played out differently.

So if the tests made you quit, I am sorry personally. From there all I can say is, you are always welcome back. And if that doesn't happen good gaming where you find it. May your bags be full!

41 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ok, you are trying to draw me into the youtube rabbit hole. Not cool, not cool. 

I will end up in Xen's or Luranni's channel laughing my kitten off at antics. This doesn't help sleep I will have to say. Though plus one for the thought lol. 

It's OK: Luranni has already accused me countless times of drawing her into rabbit holes for her YT vids 😁

No but it's obvious alliances aren't about to lead to any revitalization if this test is any indication.

There is primetime NA and then there's "does your server have 5-6x the players in off hour? Congrats, have fun. No? You can't fight anyone 1v1, you can't take a camp without 2-3 people coming to contest you, your only option is going onto EBG and hoping you have enough people to organize so you can sneak SMC or retake some objectives on your third of the map".

They should consider having hours and shutting off WvW. Something like 5pm-3am EST. Outside of that, no WvW on NA. You can be a mercenary for EU. Same for EU. Set up a third region where the same is true. And then start balancing regions. If you're a mercenary you don't get a choice of servers. You get filled into one based on need.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

... There is primetime NA and then there's "does your server have 5-6x the players in off hour? Congrats, have fun. No? You can't fight anyone 1v1, you can't take a camp without 2-3 people coming to contest you, your only option is going onto EBG and hoping you have enough people to organize so you can sneak SMC or retake some objectives on your third of the map".

They should consider having hours and shutting off WvW. Something like 5pm-3am EST. Outside of that, no WvW on NA. You can be a mercenary for EU. Same for EU. Set up a third region where the same is true. And then start balancing regions. If you're a mercenary you don't get a choice of servers. You get filled into one based on need.

Might as well make a mega-server test mirror and change a few things in the world map to have at least opt-in open world pvp at that point if it's getting that bleak. I'm with you though, outside of primetime you get to really see how stale and empty these maps have always been and even prime time can be hit or miss depending on which map the blobs decided to play tag in. 

I think you'd lose almost all of those players being shuffled in off hours if there's no connection to anything or anyone. 

Edited by kash.9213