Impossible to coordinate wvw reset borderlands with this system

One of the big contributing factors to these horrible WvW reset night queues is the lack of ability to coordinate with other groups(servers in non-beta times) to deconflict on said night. You try to make your best guess where to go and end up with a 74 instant queue. Then you try to go to a BL without a queue an a queue pops there. We were finally able to get everyone on a BL last night, which was a miracle unto itself. But there was a queue on all BLs thereafter. This is one factor in the team making that is a big negative for me. At least with servers we can talk to other guilds before reset hits.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Actually, you cannot. 

35 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

At least with servers we can talk to other guilds before reset hits.

Actually you cannot with at least half of the server, except in a few cases on EU. Servers use links, in case you forgot how WvW works. First reset after relinks is often chaotic, even when links are announced ahead of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

45 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Actually, you cannot. 

Actually you cannot with at least half of the server, except in a few cases on EU. Servers use links, in case you forgot how WvW works. First reset after relinks is often chaotic, even when links are announced ahead of time.

I'm quite aware. But at least you can attempt to coordinate even on reset. We do it all the time. Much much much less chaotic than the team making process for these betas. Even after the first week when we were still matched up on the same team reset was 10 times more chaotic than with simple server inks.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Actually you cannot with at least half of the server, except in a few cases on EU. Servers use links, in case you forgot how WvW works.

Linkings get announced a few hours before reset on EU. It's always possible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Linkings get announced a few hours before reset on EU. It's always possible.

They used to not be because of the foreknowledge leading to mass transfers.  Now everyone complains about the mass transfers being out of control.

There's a deadline for team selection hours and hours before the actual reshuffling.  I bet that could mean teams are already decided ahead of reset and may be a possibility for some foreknowledge to get published.

53 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Now everyone complains about the mass transfers being out of control.

It is a problem though. When WSR got a link (because they cheesed the system by not playing before relinking), their partner got swarmed with bandwagon players. I'd still prefer knowing the linkings a few hours before reset though.

54 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I bet that could mean teams are already decided ahead of reset

For the World Restructuring that seems to be the case, and I assume it's the same for the old system as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

It is a problem though. When WSR got a link (because they cheesed the system by not playing before relinking), their partner got swarmed with bandwagon players. I'd still prefer knowing the linkings a few hours before reset though.

For the World Restructuring that seems to be the case, and I assume it's the same for the old system as well.

Bandwagoning and mass transfers are completly out of control and a reason why WvW is in it's miserable state, but that's another matter.

Even with the linking problematics, it was at least possible to get a reset planned with your home server, with alliances you can't even do that, because noone knows where he ends up in the end, due to a broken algo and the never ending bugs in all the betas.

7 hours ago, Thea Cherry.6327 said:

with alliances you can't even do that, because noone knows where he ends up in the end

Since you can't change teams anyway past the cutoff sometime on Thursday, they should show you your next team somewhere imo. This at least gives you the chance to coordinate on some central discord or something.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 3:30 AM, Thea Cherry.6327 said:

with alliances you can't even do that, because noone knows where he ends up in the end, due to a broken algo and the never ending bugs in all the betas.

By Alliance what do you mean? That part of World Restructuring is on hold and is not part of this 3 week beta test. So did you form a community guild that was split up? If you mean seeing what the sorts created I agree would be interesting to see those mixes. Your odds of coordinating with them I get. But I don't want to see the forums or non-posters think that Alliances were in this test since they weren't outside of players grouping under a common guild to join the beta together.

On 1/28/2024 at 10:53 AM, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Since you can't change teams anyway past the cutoff sometime on Thursday, they should show you your next team somewhere imo. This at least gives you the chance to coordinate on some central discord or something.

This might happen in the future, but we also don't know which direction they are going yet with transfers so I think that has more impact. In both cases I think this was testing 2 sorts, 1up/1down and expected versus actual outcomes in the sorts. We can hope for a follow up what worked and didn't, but I think that is being over optimistic. So instead the forums should consider their own polls on this issue after we get out of the tests.

Reset Queues, it's been a thing for 11 years.

Can't coordinate for 2 out of 168 hours of a week long match, after a random world reset that will happen once every 4 weeks, so shut it all down.

Could always try eotm if your blob can't get in one map. 😏