World Restructuring Beta Event Feedback

Do you play on NA or EU?

EU

What team were you on during January 12-26?

Dragon's claw

What team were you on during January 26-February 2?

Thornwatch

If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?

Everyday 6pm CET+

Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?

Less, lots of blob, hidden tag, was not able to roam at all

Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?

Yes

Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?

No

Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?

Sometimes, lots of hidden/private tags

Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?

I guess the first part

What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?

Don't know really

What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

I dislike playing with people I don't understand. That's why I am on English server. I like the option to roam/blob. It was lots of gvg and you can't roam with that. People did not care for each other, because they will not see them again I guess. All in all I did not enjoy it. There was big queue, no tag, people clouding everywhere not taking anything. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Do you play on NA or EU?
    • EU
  • What team were you on during January 12-26?
    • First Haven
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2?
    • Cant remember
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
    • Daily 7pm (GMT+8) onward
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
    • for Eternal Battleground, less balanced cause very frequently outnumbered and trampled on. for Borderlands, feels more or less the same
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?
    • Yes
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?
    • No
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?
    • Slightly more
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?
    • 2nd week
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?
    • -
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?
    • Linking should be based on active WVW players instead of world population

1. EU

2. Thornwatch

3. Dragon's Claw

4. Monday and Thursday evenings, Sunday morning, various weekday mornings.

5. Difficult to get a good feel for it with only two matchups. Fights were generally fine, and going up against 2 large enemy zergs (without one on your team) is par for the course in WvW.

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. No. Our alliance was formed over a year ago and things have moved on since then (most of the guilds don't play on the same server under the current system, though they do have a history of doing so).

9. Difficult to get a good feel for it with only two matchups. Consistency is a long term characteristic.

10. The transition at relink was very smooth.

11. The loss of community and the difficulty in recreating this after a relink (only for it to vanish again at the next relink). I play with several groups on a single server and have good friends in each. One specializes in fights (evening), one in havoc (evening), and another in morning squads. Fewer social groups in WvW mean that I would expect my engagement to go down.

Knowing that you are looking at a replacement for alliances then a player driven choice would help the community the best. My guild chooses 1) which server to commit to, or 2) to float freely according to the matching algorithm. Or I choose 1 or 2 on my account in the absence of a guild commitment. Server population caps remain important, but durable communities can build up as well - as has been the social benefit of the last 10 years of WvW.

• Do you play on NA or EU? NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Phoenix Dawn
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Griffonfall
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? T/TH/Sat 1600 CST - 1800 CST
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? Less balanced. I believe PD/Stonefall/etc., was Tier 1 on the initial placement. Much of the content seemed to rely on larger guilds/alliances engaging in content with some of the smaller guilds that were placed in the matchup. However, this didn't actually happen, and the larger guild on our matchup ended up dodging many fights. The most active or present tags were largely focused on flipping towers, so these individuals were also actively hopping to avoid fights, and the overall matchup was not engaging. Our timeslot was also just not populated in any reasonable way. We found ourselves playing against 50-man alliances with no other representation in our timezone-- and while this isn't critically damaging to our content loop, I believe that the side effect of the current meta served to drive individuals to interacting more with these tags and creating groups of players that were largely unkillable without near-parity in numbers.

On the Griffonfall relink, we had a guild that ran our time, but they seemed to take the beta less seriously, and as a result, we were fighting very large and competent groups of players while sidecarring a group that had non-meta team compositions and generally made very little difference in most larger fights in our raid hours. 
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes.
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? No.
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Aside from our tag, often there was a lack of commanders outside of EBG. When we did have commanders to play around, we were often much smaller in number than the enemy team, or the enemy team heavily outmatched our players in terms of competency. 
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? January 12-16
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? Honestly, I wasn't a fan of this entire experience; but I'm heavily impressed by the level of engagement the community achieved through things like the NA Alliance Discord. There was clearly some attempt to match larger and more relevant guilds/alliances with each other, I'm just not sure... that's ever going to be an achievable balance goal if these larger guilds do not interact with the WvW community in any meaningful way outside of their raid hours. 
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? We had several members not make it into the link despite selecting their WvW guild prior to the restructuring beta beginning. And unfortunately, this problem persisted through the 'relink' on the 26th of January, where again we had several members fail to make it into the link despite participating in the first link. This was remedied fairly quickly with support tickets (so props) but this did result in individuals being objectively unable to play the game mode for one of our raids. 

• EU
    • Reapers Corridor
    • Reapers Corridor
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?
    • All days breakfast time
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?
    • Balance felt ok, but normally well balanced too for the way we play
    • Already in guild and it was selected
    • It is usually, but they were on another team, so fought against them - felt odd if it was permanent
    • Yes, but usually are too. Few more than usual to be fair
    • Week two
    • Balance this time - at least I personally had no issues separating from my guild
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?
    • existing Alliances with other server guilds  should be able to be maintained, rather than split up. Miss the 'Patriotism ' of fighting for 'Our' server
  • Like 1

NA

Griffonfall

Phoenix Dawn

Everyday, but more hours on weekends. Time of day varies but usually sometime between reset +2 and reset +14

More balanced, but only in the sense that none of the matches were wildly out of whack. I consider significantly unbalanced matchups only an occasional problem in regular matches

yes

no

yes

All three weeks felt balanced, tho the third week did lack some time zone coverage

I didn't experience any issues with the beta, so I would say the whole thing I guess? The transition from week two to three was a little jarring just bc I knew there were some placement issues but had no way of knowing which server I was "supposed" to be on other than asking around in guild which server everyone was on and then figuring out that this must be the place ; p

Time zone coverage, but I know that's not a focus of WR

• NA
    • Giant's Rise
    • Stonefall
    • 630pm est every day with the guild. I'll often pug around after run or during the afternoon on weekends.
    • Less (substantially)
    • Yes
    • No
    • Too many on our side (all tagging up at the same time), none on the enemy teams or at other times of day.
    • Jan 26- Feb 2
    • Uh, it wasn't great. I suppose the guild ended up on the same team for the most part, so that was nice?
    • Across the board. I'm happy to be back on TC for the time being. First team (Giant's Rise) we spent the entire duration fighting other guilds to get onto empty maps, to then not have any guilds to actually fight. Second team (Stonefall) was better, in that we weren't competing with our own team every night, but there was still very few people to fight. Very little "content" as it were. Pug scene also felt terrible in that all of the guilds on our team tagged up at the same time every night. No coverage guild-wise for different times. Overall, longer ques at prime time for less action and outside of prime time felt relatively dead.

EU
    Fortunes Vale
    Grenth Door
    Wednesday 19:00-21:00 GMT+2
    Saturday 09:00-11:00 GMT+2
    Sunday 15:00-17:00 GMT+2
    less balanced
    YES
    YES
    ambiguous question: The amount of commanders was less than usual
    Second Week (As we were matched against like minded and equally skilled players that were partially from our own server)
    Overall Player activity was increased. (altho the resulting wait times were atrocious and we had less player that joined the commanders)
    Server Ques and Performance got significantly worse to the state of unplayable!
Edited by Odrson.1463

• Do you play on NA or EU? EU

• What team were you on during January 12-26? Titan's Staircase

• What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Griffonfall

• If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? I don't play on a regular schedule

• Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? I never played with my regular WvW server

• Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? Yes

• Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? No

• Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Yes

• Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? I only played the first week (was no connected the second one)

• What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? It was my first time in WvW so it is hard to answer. I had a quite blast !

• What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? The first team assembliehad a hipcup (many where not matched with their guild, but it was quite quickly resolved).

A few more words : it was my first time in WvW. Without this beta and the opportunity to play with my guild, I might never have put a toe in WvW. And many fellow guild mates feels the same. I am eager to see the next time I will be able to lay with them. I don't think I will get back to WvW before the next beta (or when the restructuring is permanent).

• Do you play on NA or EU? EU
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Thornwatch
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? Thornwatch again
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? 3-4 days a week. Usually EU prime time, but also going into the early night at weekends
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? I'm curious what I'm supposed to tell you about this that you couldn't have discerned from your metrics, other than self reporting my internal biases. I would say all my matchups were more balanced than the worst of the matches you see in the linking system, but not notably better than the best.
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? No
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Yes, but that's because I'm more mostly logging in for guild raids. I did see some other open tags running, but not always
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? Not a lot in it, but probably the third week
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? The final week linking went smoothly and produced matchups that were more even than you would usually see on the first week after a relink
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? The first week of the beta with the call of war buff was overloaded with queues and didn't represent a normal play experience. I also experienced queue bugs multiple times in the first week of the beta. That and there still being some people wrongly sorted after so many betas is somewhat alarming. The one up one down system is rather slow moving in a 4 week linking system. The second week still matched losers vs winners, and a world that starts off in T5 will never experience a single matchup in T1 even if they are the strongest world.
Edited by Jimibabob.6890
  • Like 1

Do you play on NA or EU?

- EU

What team were you on during January 12-26?

- Reaper's Corridor

What team were you on during January 26-February 2?

- didn't play wvw during that time so I don't know

If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they?

- no specific day but mostly during the evening/night

Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches?

- depends, my normal matchups switch between one of the other teams being incredibly overpowered and a sort of "normal" balanced matchup. So I'd say it was about the same as the first variant (one of the other teams was a bit overpowered)

Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta?

- yes, though not a guild that focuses solely on wvw but the guild with the most active members

Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild?

- no

Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime?

- in the early evening, yes. in the later part of the evening, not really

Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you?

- can't say since I didn't play wvw during the second week but I did enjoy the first week significantly less than when I normally play

What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed?

- the population was probably higher overall but I really cannot say for sure

What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement?

- what I really missed during the restructuring was seeing all the people and well-known commanders from my home server. when I normally play wvw and there's a tag up, most of the time it's a commander whose squad I've joined a billion times before. I generally missed the cozy community feeling of my home server. if guilds who have a majority of members on the same server could be grouped together that might solve that problem. another big thing I saw in map/team chat a lot was people not being able to communicate as easily due to french, german and spanish servers being mixed.

Edited by Pixxally.7931
forgot to add something
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
  • North America
  • Red/Skrittsburgh
  • No clue, abandoned game mode until test over. Why wait in long queues for an un-fun experience?
  • US Eastern, evenings
  • Constantly outnumbered and getting stomped? Yep, about the same as always.
  • Yes but made no difference
  • No idea
  • Visible commander presence was random at best, communication nearly nonexistent. EotM is more organized.
  • Didn't find any of it to be "balanced and enjoyable." Gave up on it after the first week.
  • n/a
  • Whole thing felt like tinkering around the edges without actually fixing anything that needs fixing. Actually made some things worse.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

EU
    Thornwatch
    Dragon's Claw
    Dailies every day in the morning (before 7AM CET), 4-5 times per week 7-10PM
    On one hand, it seemed the other teams had roughly the same numbers as us, however they somehow managed to get more people in the zerg, while we had queues (so, I'm assuming a lot more roamers were on our side)
    Yes
    Yes
    Surprisingly, yes
    Not by much, but the first one
    Having tags at 5-7AM - I'm really happy to have been matched with people tagging up at those times
    We had people stuck in the queues for 1+h - with all the borderlands full. However, the only swords on the map, created by our server, were from our squad that had only ~25-29 out of 35+ on the map. This tells me that we had a lot more roamers or "wall runners" - which obviously triggered a lot of frustration. We were happy to get back out of the beta

• EU
  • Seven Pines
  • Griffonfall
  • Every evening for dailys, sometimes WvW - weekends sometime during the day
  • balanced. Second week green was strong, but we got them good a few times
  • No
  • -
  • Yes
  • First week - tons of action
  • Not sure of all that was changed, but it felt more smooth than usually - maybe because there were more people playing who usually do not? 
  • Playing with friends should be priortised. or well, at least being able to chose a realm together. Obviously I can't be with every member of my list in one team, but I'd like to at least being able to chose

• NA
    • First Haven
    • First Haven (weird vibe, but I guess getting the same result twice is just as random as getting something different, and we definitely had VERY different groups for the second segment)
    • I play 9PM-12AM Wednesday-Sunday, and 2pm-4pm Saturday-Sunday most weeks including the beta though additionally during the beta I played 3pm-7pm and 1-4am on some days.
    • I would say on the macro-scale (whole-week) it felt much more balanced, but on the micro-scale (skirmish) it could be very tilted in one team's favor, but not generally unenjoyably so as the fortunes on each map were generally different.
    • Yes.
    • Yes.
    • During NA and OCX there was usually at least 1-2 public commanders available.  There were also an abundance of private groups on map as well.  The times I played during EU seemed to be dominated by hidden-tagged guild groups with only roamers and small groups for public options.
    • The first week felt the most enjoyable and balanced.  The matchup was close all the way to the next reset.
    • The overall population balancing was executed well and lead to fights and situations i haven't encountered before, and encouraged me to invest far more time than I normally would.  Kind of sad to go back to the same-old servers after experiencing that variety.
    • There needs to be special attention paid to the sorting of players outside of NA playtimes.  I understand it can be difficult due to the numbers disparity and the fact that some PPT-minded alliances seem to treat groups in those off-hours as a prized commodities, but the scores show how lopsided it could be in those timeslots.  It may not be possible, but would be worth committing resources to improve either before or after release.

EU
    Several, I got several accounts. Stonefall, Fortune's Vale, Seven Pines, Phoenix Dawn, can't remember.
    Several, I got several accounts. Phoenix Dawn, Seven Pines, Dragon's Claw, can't remember.
    Depends on time of year, work and rl circumstances, but usually between late afternoon and late night on weekdays or weekends. I gamed a lot more during beta than normally to check out content for the different accounts, including some daytime. Usually I only play on one or two accounts depending on who's on which server, while the rest are dormant.
    More balanced. There were differences between the teams/worlds I played on, but I've had much worse unbalances first and even sometimes second week after relink resets when the tiers make no sense and haven't settled yet, or after transfers really impacting the host or link server (both people transferring to or transferring away from servers).
    I didn't play on any worlds/teams where it seemed that the enemies in the MU had three times your population or more at all times (which can happen on servers), if the enemies were much larger than current world/team at any point it just meant that it had more people during other times of day/night. WR didn't change when people gamed, but it was less predictable when enemy world/team would have the most activity, which was, honestly, refreshing. Sometimes you have people just avoiding weeks in WvW after seeing what servers are in the matchup, now they had to go ingame to check, which probably meant less unbalance due to predicted behaviour.
    Two accounts did.
    One account was.
    Yes. On all the worlds/teams. Different types of commanders, but there were commanders, both voice and without voice, open and closed, hidden and visible. Most of the time you could see tags or know they were going at other maps if you weren't in a squad yourself, or see the battle crosses from hidden guild or voice tags so you could either go see what was happening or use the chance to hit something/someone elsewhere.
    Depended on the world/teams, but there was plenty of content no matter what. It was just different types of content. I never logged in not finding anything to do other than getting overrun, which sometimes happens on regular servers on EU. Even against stronger enemies there were somewhat organized recapping and/or taking out smaller bands/group roamers of enemies. Sometimes defending your keeps and towers non stop for hours can be good content and give you plenty of kills as well. But there were always people, unless extremely late at night during off time.
    There were some chat toxicity in some worlds especially after reset, but nothing worse than what you can see after relinks, and much less than during server drama, and it seemed to die down pretty quickly. Most of it felt like people usually on stronger servers being lost without people carrying them and taking it out on others, creatures of habit that didn't find what they usually found when logging in at their usual times, people being annoyed that their preferred content weren't available right there and then, or people just being obtuse refusing to learn four or five words/abbreviations in French/German/Spanish to understand the scouting or refusing to use anything but Discord for voice tags.
    It also seemed to remove the concept of dedicated accounts placed on servers to scout for enemies/riling up chat/pulling tactics, which was a nice change, and probably helped on the overall balance/enjoyment as well as causing less toxicity.
    Apart from the first hours on EU reset when people were in the wrong places, it felt more balanced population wise. Types of content were different at different times, and not everyone likes all types of content, but that is also true for serves as they are today.
    I experienced a lot of queue bugs again during the first two weeks, and the larger the queues the more annoying, but the queues also end up much longer due to said bugs as a lot of people get nowhere and have to requeue over and over. Felt like there was a lot less of that last week, though. 
    Selecting your WvW guild doesn't always stick, there's people getting it unchecked at random, including right before selecting deadline. This is something rather crucial to fix. There also seems to be some sort of bug tied to your online/offline status, if you aren't aware, being invisible while trying to select WvW guild can bug it.
    Especially the first week there were also more severe lag/delay/skill lag than usual that impacted large parts of squads, no idea what caused that but it made it unplayable for some. I had something eating up my memory at times in the game, but no idea what. Seemed to have been somewhat fixed the last week, didn't see anywhere close to as many complaints about it then.
Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Like 1

EU

Thornwatch

• What team were you on during January 26-February 2

Dragon's Claw (I think) 

Every night Post primetime EU 10  till midnight cet

More balanced overall I would say though I didn't pay that much attention. EU is always primetime heavy. I'm not sure what's going on the rest of the time. 

yes

yes it was a full alliance guild

In the first week  less than the usual amount of commanders because a couple of server guilds were not in the alliance this time  , the second week had more commanders because of 2 extra guilds that ran primetime commanders nearly every day

I liked the  2nd week best as the extra guilds were more similar to our alliance playstyle. In the first week one of the linked guilds was a full pve guild. 

Small guilds with active (voice) commanders can make more difference that a big guilds with few commanders. 

The alliance has almost no identity during the game and then the server name/identity changes. I don't like the lack of identity.  The alliances need separate stats / leaderboards. 

Edited by browolf.3825

1. NA

2. Dragonfall

3. Dragon's Claw

4. none specific

5. There were noticeably more people throughout the days rather than just at peak hours

6. I did not select a guild

7. I'm not in any guilds

8. I believe so. It helped too that there were more commanders in general rather than just the usual three-five same commanders on my server across the same few guilds

9. I didn't play much during the second week, but the first week felt great

10. The new variety of people to play with from someone like me who isn't in a guild. Having more commanders from other servers on my team was fun.

11. As a solo player, I think the restructuring beta was fine as I don't have a specific group of people I regularly play with

• Do you play on NA or EU ? NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Don't remember Skrittsburg? I was on vacation so didn't play much
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? The red team against Skrittsburg
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? 11am-4pm eastern
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? I had one selected, but in the last month the guild fell apart, so I think I  was "gap filled", which is an awful experience.
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? N/A
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Very few. If any, they were present on EBG or our Home, but not others
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? First week felt better, but I wasn't available much of that time. That said, it wasn't "amazing" like some previous beta experiences
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? It's hard to say when there are still glaring issues with off-peak hour player counts. I guess the best success was that the map (M key) labels worked this time.
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? My honest feedback here is to either merge NA/EU, or make fewer teams or add more simultaneous maps and teams together. My core issue is finding a reliable squad to play with at the times I'm available. For much of the second week, we didn't have enough players online to form a decent squad outside of the few hours around reset. I feel like the previous beta had much better matchmaking and off peak hours player counts. I think where we are, a player seems REQUIRED to have a good WvW guild selected in order to have good matchmaking. "Gap filling" with randoms feels bad. I can't speak to the core matchmaking algorithm itself. The experience of an "empty" server seems to still exist. Is the WvW beta about ensuring fair, even matches between competitive guilds, or is it ensuring a positive experience for everyone?
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• EU
    • Phoenix Dawn
    • Reaper's Corridor
    • Random days, but mostly late 10:00 GMT onwards
    • More balanced. Some nice blob v blob fights, with variable results. Might just be related to more people being on though. Or more Commanders. Or both.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Hardly noticed a difference between the weeks. I enjoyed it all
    • Guild participation across servers. Seamless.
    • Enjoying it all at the moment. Anything that gets more players playing is the win for me.

1. NA
2. Titan's Staircase
3. Thornwatch
4. Wednesdays 6am-12pm, several evenings for at most an hour around 6pm, and every other weekend for a couple hours each. All times Eastern.
5. It all felt about as balanced as usual.
6. I did not select a guild for either part of the beta.
7. N/A, see previous
8. Maybe about 50% of the time there were commanders around.
9. Jan 30-26 felt like the best week to me. Everyone was a little more used to their new alliance.
10. I like the idea of being able to consistently play with friends if I ever find any.
11. Everything felt very very guild-centric, and I'm not really sure if there are good in-game tools to help find a guild. I often felt much more out of place during the beta. It seems that any sense of server community is a bit harder to maintain. Also I don't understand how relinking works when teams are so fluid. Especially how it works for and with solo players.  Last, it felt like there were fewer good, big fights.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• EU
    • Giant's Rise
    • Griffonfall
    • Late afternoons, Mostly Thursday till Monday, not including the latter.
    • Last week felt more balanced, but does not mean t'was. As other two teams more commanders anytime, larger alliances, and more active players at all times.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • No. Most commanders were from my guild. Which meant if my guild was not running a raid/zerg, there were mostly none.
    • Last week of the beta.
    • In terms of execution, the "Restructuring" is just a rename, same game mode, with same mechanics, but larger teams and same balance/match-up problems. So, none?
    • Match-ups.

• Do you play on NA or EU?  EU
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Silent Woods i think
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? same?
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? Usually play reset, pop in at random times the rest of the week
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? Hard to answer, the score was close i think but each server seemed dominant at different parts of the day so it was usually one side pvd'ing their way around the map. Fights were never balanced, it was consistently one side crushing the other 2. I dont care about score or pay much attention to it but the fights were drastically less balanced than usual.
  • Did you select a WvW Guild for the beta? no
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? n/a
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? There was usually one somewhere at prime time
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? Stopped playing after the first week
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Language barriers were a problem. You'd jump from a group speaking french, to german to italian and back again. I thought it was terrible in general to be honest. Drastically increased the gap between organised guild groups and causal players. There were very few fights while i played.
Edited by Caid.4932
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Do you play on NA or EU? NA
  • What team were you on during January 12-26? Titan's Staircase
  • What team were you on during January 26-February 2? First Haven
  • If there is a day of the week and time of day you usually play, what are they? No particular day
  • Did your world restructuring matchups feel more or less balanced than your regular WvW Server matches? About the same
  • Was your guild part of a larger alliance guild? Huh? I thought this wasn't possible?
  • Were there usually commanders around during your normal playtime? Around half the time, slightly less than usual
  • Which week felt most balanced and enjoyable for you? They all felt similar
  • What part of world restructuring felt the most well executed? The matchups were fine
  • What part of world restructuring feels like it has the most room for improvement? Fix the bugs, especially the queue bug and the mistaken team assignments

• EU
    • Titan's Staircase
    • Did not play due to time constraints
    • Any regular day 19:00 - 01:00 UTC+1
    • It feels a lot more balanced. Almost anywhere there were fights to pick. Especially as a casual WVW player it seemed more often to have fair fights, than very one sided encounters. On my normal Server defenses are almost not happening, with the new system it felt like a fairly tactical forth and back. 
    • I selected a guild. But none of my 5 do anything in WvW
    • No
    • Yes, I found at least on 2 of 4 maps almost all the time one commander who was trying to coordinating people. However, some were closed off and only reachable via Discord. 
    • Having shuffled the different teams and getting knowledgeable guilds matched with casuals. It was a nice pace encountering by far more tactical play and experience actually functional defenses. 
    • I was able to play with friends again that are usually all over different servers
    • The Restructuring is fine and a very good choice to get casual people more involved again
    • However, the mode has some very stark flaws that counteract this positive development
      • Limited Guild Slots: While it is nice to get in contact with new people, the new system makes it difficult to stay in touch and even form a longer bond beyond that one match-up or a direct friends list. I would have loved to join one of the WvW Guilds, but that would have meant to leave one of the others in PVE, some that have years of stories attached to them.
        • I would appreciate a way to join more Guilds, or have a separate way to stay connected with people in WvW.
      • Balance for Boon Balls: Some have already mentioned it, but it was noticeable that as soon as you have a coordinated group you were able to steam roll any none coordinated one. I had even one play where we (28 players), destroyed the doors of a castle by hand while fending off 60 people for 30min who were seemingly unable to do anything about us but destroy our equipment. It feels good as that group of 28, but i believe the 60 felt very dumbfounded ending up as nothing but loot bags for us.
        • I would suggest making it less effective to stand in one blob and tank everything away. It would make fights visually more appealing, and some fights less frustrating
      • No good in game coordination: I noticed that good play was mostly only found when joining a guild or Discord Server of one. These were mostly closed off to anyone else and coordinated on external software. For anyone who didn't use Discord, they had to hand write commands or even give none at all, making them by far less responsive and weaker than the first.
        • A suggestion would be to integrate some sort of standardized commands like a Com-Rose (Stick together, Attack, Fall Back, Buff, Read chat) or easyer to use and interpret Squad markers.
        • Otherwise you could embrace that external software will always be used and make it easyer to share and join Discord links in chat. 
      • Opportunities to step up as a casual commander: This is a more social system issue, due to expectations what a commander should have, know and do during any siege. While i can understand that everyone wants a good experience, I seen it multiple times that people were mobbed for being unknowable how to approach an enemy blob or setting up only standard siege equipment. It was daunting how this sort of help was met with high expectations and quickly asked to step down, usually leaving maps without coordination at all. 
        • While the communication tools described in my second point would help, I believe that giving an incentive to play under an inexperienced Com might make people more willing to accept the flaws and let them train their experience. This might be one pip for everyone in the squad. 20% More experience for the group or anything else that would not affect PVP but some sort of personal gain.
        • Another way would be to highlight that a Com has not much experience yet or allow for an optional "Casual Commander" tag. This would give people a easy to see highlight that rather low level or casual play should be expected.
Edited by Jyanon.8635