Games update notes... What !? Weapon

Fixed an issue that prevented characters below level 80 on accounts with Weaponmaster Training unlocked from being able to equip weapons that were previously only equippable while using elite specializations.

Does this mean I can use weapons with Secret of the obscure I can't with other expansions (before level 80) ? If I'm right, while not being very impactful at glance, philosophy leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

regards

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Dovahkiin from HighRock.46 said:

Does this mean I can use weapons with Secret of the obscure I can't with other expansions (before level 80) ? If I'm right, while not being very impactful at glance, philosophy leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

regards

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weaponmaster_Training

Weaponmaster Training is an account-wide feature that provides access to elite specialization weapons for each profession without having the corresponding elite specialization equipped or trained.[1] It requires that players own the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure expansion. After unlocking it, characters are granted access to weapons previously restricted to the elite specializations, even if the account doesn't own the respective expansions. The expansions are still required to make use of the elite specializations' trait lines. Beyond requiring at least one level 80 character to unlock the feature via the story, it's not otherwise level-restricted and can be used afterwards on characters below level 80 as well.

• Like 2

Hello

Ive unlocked the weapons training. On my lvl 80 character I can use all the weapons. But for my new Mesmer under lvl 80 I can’t equip the dagger. The dagger no longer says this weapon can’t be used for your profession, and when I try to equip it it even says are you sure you want to soulbound the weapon, and after clicking yes to equip, it won’t let me equip it. How do I actually equip the dagger on my sub 80 Mesmer? Is there something more I have to do. I thought characters under 80 have all the weapons opened up as well?

Edited by TonySu.7942

24 minutes ago, TonySu.7942 said:

Hello

Ive unlocked the weapons training. On my lvl 80 character I can use all the weapons. But for my new Mesmer under lvl 80 I can’t equip the dagger. The dagger no longer says this weapon can’t be used for your profession, and when I try to equip it it even says are you sure you want to soulbound the weapon, and after clicking yes to equip, it won’t let me equip it. How do I actually equip the dagger on my sub 80 Mesmer? Is there something more I have to do. I thought characters under 80 have all the weapons opened up as well?

Is the dagger itself a higher level than you?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Honest question. Did anyone find any good new combination since this was unlocked? I havent used it at all.. 

I mean. Its only for fun right? 

I also didn't use it at all so far. But I also skipped the beta test week for this feature, so I wasn't interested to begin with. The only thing that could have been interesting for me was a bow for guardians, as other ranged weapons are too bad, but I play DH anyway, so it didn't affect me. Usually the elite specs boost some specific weapon, so I usually find better to use the relative elite anyway. But I'm sure some player found cool options.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Honest question. Did anyone find any good new combination since this was unlocked? I havent used it at all.. 

I mean. Its only for fun right? 

I'm using mainhand dagger on my untamed ranger. I was unsure about doing that, but then they changed the ranger's sword skills and I don't like the new version, so it's nice to have an alternative. Most of my characters were already using core weapons, so it's not been a big change.

Oh, I'm also thinking about making a daredevil thief using a rifle, but purely for thematic purposes, not because I think it will be a good build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm using mainhand dagger on my untamed ranger. I was unsure about doing that, but then they changed the ranger's sword skills and I don't like the new version, so it's nice to have an alternative. Most of my characters were already using core weapons, so it's not been a big change.

Thank you!  I don't like the new MH sword, either.  Took away a lot of game play for me.  MH sword is so brain-dead to me now.  No creativity or planning the leaps and evades in and out of combat.  A change that literally no one asked for.  Boo!!

I've also slotted MH dagger for the same reason, but for my core ranger.  I'll have to check it out on untamed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Thank you!  I don't like the new MH sword, either.  Took away a lot of game play for me.  MH sword is so brain-dead to me now.  No creativity or planning the leaps and evades in and out of combat.  A change that literally no one asked for.  Boo!!

While I've made my peace with the new sword setup, it's mostly because of those braindead reasons you talk about (you get BIG numbers on power builds for both sword 2 and 3 now, and you can still use 3 as an evade-on-demand if you so choose in melee range). It would have been nice, in my opinion, if we got some of these number boosts on the old sword that was a bit clunkier to use, but I at least had to think about it.

As for the weaponmaster on sub-80 characters, sad to say I have no intention to try that, ever. I don't level characters anymore, I just spam scroll+tomes to insta-80. Others have mentioned having some better ranged options on some sub-80 characters, and I that's about all I can think of in terms of benefits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello

Ive unlocked the weapons training. On my lvl 80 character I can use all the weapons. But for my new Mesmer under lvl 80 I can’t equip the dagger. The dagger no longer says this weapon can’t be used for your profession, and when I try to equip it it even says are you sure you want to soulbound the weapon, and after clicking yes to equip, it won’t let me equip it. How do I actually equip the dagger on my sub 80 Mesmer? Is there something more I have to do. I thought characters under 80 have all the weapons opened up as well?

Is the dagger itself a higher level than you?

The dagger is the same level as my Mesmer but can’t equip it even though the weapon master is trained. 

39 minutes ago, TonySu.7942 said:

Hello

Ive unlocked the weapons training. On my lvl 80 character I can use all the weapons. But for my new Mesmer under lvl 80 I can’t equip the dagger. The dagger no longer says this weapon can’t be used for your profession, and when I try to equip it it even says are you sure you want to soulbound the weapon, and after clicking yes to equip, it won’t let me equip it. How do I actually equip the dagger on my sub 80 Mesmer? Is there something more I have to do. I thought characters under 80 have all the weapons opened up as well?

Is the dagger itself a higher level than you?

The dagger is the same level as my Mesmer but can’t equip it even though the weapon master is trained. 

That’s odd. I tested it earlier and no issues equipping a hammer on my lvl 18 ele. 

Go into your equipment panel, click on the hand you are want8mg to put the dagger in and see if the option to equip it is on the left side of the menu

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You mean Pre lvl 80?

Yeah, just use what's fun for you. 

Lol no, last time i was that was like a idk how long ago. 

9 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Oh, I'm also thinking about making a daredevil thief using a rifle, but purely for thematic purposes, not because I think it will be a good build.

TY. Lol i wonder how the daredevil rifle will play out. I like playing deadeye rifle. Let us know if you have made it and how it plays.