Mesmer burst is too much.....

11 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Ah yes, the boilerplate response of someone that's such complete garbage that they need to main a class that's entire identity is literally just being every kitten pvp mechanic from the last 20 years of gaming rolled into one unit. 

Lol. Defends Distortion based on it being the only baked in defensive profession mechanic, and then compares it to a kitten-ton of utility, traits, and weapon skills on other classes. You get one or the other; either everything's taken into account or nothing is, because Distortion doesn't exist in a vacuum where Mesmer's 400 other defensive mechanics aren't real. 

Cool, so can I. That doesn't mean it's not terribly designed gimmicky bullkitten. There's so much brain-dead kitten in this game that takes 100 times more skill to defend against than it does to pull off (well 100 times more skill if you aren't on a class that has an endless string of invulnerabilities/stealth to abuse) that always has some legion of morons defending it with "JUST DONT GET HIT 4HEAD" logic. Like, yo, imbecile, congratulations on wasting thousands of hours of your life learning the intricacies of a dead game mode, but there's a reason that it only has ~200 players, and it's that nobody with half a functioning brain stuck around to deal with it's non-stop parade of terribly designed cheese.

This forum never gets old though. It's like 3 people going "hey maybe if we made the mode less trash then people would actually play it?" while a dozen pvp "pros" circle-jerk themselves in some sunk-cost defense of the very things that killed the mode to begin with. Welp, enjoy your pvp that's so terrible that it can't even fill out it's own matchmaker at this point. Thank Dwayna yall are here to make sure it never improves.

Well, you are mistaken, I don't play mesmer, I like to actually win games so I usually play DH or Holo

Playing mesmer is a pain, and I rather play something that's actually good

But reading your responses I kinda feel the urge to go and do some Unranked matches and one shot as many as possible "incapable to play the game correctly" people like you

Edited by Nepster.4275
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Oh poor baby. How will you ever survive if you kitten up your easy af stealth one-shot with only multiple invincibilities and a 1200 range stun breaking teleport to carry your pathetic kitten? "It ONlY HaS TWo STuN BReAKs!" lol. Go play an actually glass, glass cannon that has real consequences for failure and doesn't have the luxury of setting up it's burst while god-kitten INVISIBLE or your opponent is stuck in a 6 second CC and then get back to me. I'm literally LOLing that you thought that list was some sort of counterargument and not just "look at this list of reasons why Mesmer doesn't have to invest in any sort of defensive gear or traits on their glass cannon builds".

Which one are you in this video?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

power mirage is strong af right now and going to be even stronger with new dune cloak. 

It's definitely A-tier atm IMO because of how anti-meta it is yeah, but I'd only consider it a niche pick in stuff like tournament play and such. It can be easily focused and shut down w/o proper support and positioning.  I was condi dagger for awhile but then ran into Shorts in a match and he was using sword and what looked like domi/illu trait lines and that put me back on the power mirage path proper.

I go dueling though for the clone generation+pistol traits. It's full glass, but also very fun.

I still think WB/DH offers far greater value for the same role however which is roaming/duelist/CC shutdown, also WB/DH just much easier to play as well. It's why balance can be frustrating at times, some classes just get better skills and are way more forgiving when you mess up, yet still provide same or more value as the harder to play specs.

I am keen to try the new dune cloak as well. It definitely caught my eye with some potential combo's.

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Dune Cloak gives me PTSD.

@Terrorhuz.4695 Do you see this storm on the horizon

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Power Mirage Resurrection!!! 😈

Edited by Waffles.5632

7 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Power Mirage Resurrection!!! 😈

omfg bro why do they keep handing mesmers distortion it's wild 💀

At least you can't take infinite horizon at the same time. I'm one bad matchup away from starting my mes resentment arc again though.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

At least you can't take infinite horizon at the same time. I'm one bad matchup away from starting my mes resentment arc again though.

desert distortion...3 mirror distortions...shatter distortion...dodge distortion (+1 clone) jaunt = shatter distortion, repeat dodge (+1 clone) jaunt= shatter distortion, signet of illusions, 3 more mirrors, shield...re shield..dodge distortion...heal gives mirror...

idk dawgg.... 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

For what it's worth, I despise mesmer bunker and support builds in pvp because I feel they are like the skyhammer objective. They don't actually win you the match, but they can slow it down to a crawl by denying a lot of mechanics and that is just no fun for anyone.

I much prefer the active play style of Mirage & landing those juicy interrupts.

Edited by Waffles.5632

2 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Which one are you in this video?

I swear I've seen golems more reactive than these players

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Dune Cloak gives me PTSD.

@Terrorhuz.4695 Do you see this storm on the horizon

I don't see it being all that effective on power mirage, IH is funnier and EM is better.

Bunker mirage, however? Chaos was super buffed some patches ago, dueling gets much more vigor, new gm trait to spam ambushes too. Mesmer rants are incoming. This once I'd be inclined to agree.

18 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Just leaving this here:

The same OP that comes to get mesmer nerfed makes "StOp NeRf ThReaDs" and acts rightful when his class is on the line.

Not the brightest I see...

Can you re-read it properly this time?

Edited by Arheundel.6451

On 2/21/2024 at 9:18 AM, Nepster.4275 said:

Well, you are mistaken, I don't play mesmer, I like to actually win games so I usually play DH or Holo

Playing mesmer is a pain, and I rather play something that's actually good

But reading your responses I kinda feel the urge to go and do some Unranked matches and one shot as many as possible "incapable to play the game correctly" people like you

Guardian is just broken behind belief, but again none of you should be surprised...if people like @Arken have the ear of the devs when it comes to balance...god forbid, pretty soon, guardians will have access to portable tactical nukes ..and holos, engis in general ...well lol....grenades..that's all. That doesn't detract much from the whole argument about mesmers, except ofc the trusted and overused "L2P" commentary

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 2/23/2024 at 3:19 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Guardian is just broken behind belief, but again none of you should be surprised...if people like @Arken have the ear of the devs when it comes to balance...god forbid, pretty soon, guardians will have access to portable tactical nukes ..and holos, engis in general ...well lol....grenades..that's all. That doesn't detract much from the whole argument about mesmers, except ofc the trusted and overused "L2P" commentary

The argument originally was about the burst of mesmer, which is indeed high IF you are against a full glass cannon build, then some people started to reason that mesmer is OP or whatever because it has high burst and also Distortion

Now, even tho mesmer's have high burst and distortion that's all they have in the current argument, so let's say that mesmer is OP okey? Now, you are bringing up that holo and gua is getting a "buff" ON TOP of all they have right now which is already OP, so I don't understand your concerns about mesmer being just as OP as Guardian or anything else(even tho this is far from being true)..., yes they might not have access to distortion and yes they might do less burst or whatever, but they have other tools to make up for not having distortion or the said burst numbers, I have harder time fighting anything other than mesmers, with a mesmer I CC and it's dead, this same is not true for any of the classes from above, neither for condi necros or untamed or well, the real OP class nowdays "perma stealth spam AA" DE

As a PS, Hammer Guardians have more burst than mesmers do, mechanics and utility that worth more than distortion on mesmer in it's current state, I agree that going against a good mesmer is annoying, and I also agree that mesmer needs changes, but those changes DO NOT begin with distortion as the first thing, neither it's numbers, since if the class loses any of those it basically degrades the class into useless, which would be rather a "hate nerf" than a actual change for the better

• Like 4