Mesmer burst is too much.....

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

..Paired with MoA form......mantra of distraction....stealth....distortion spam....way too much..pls nerf

As a power chrono mesmer player, I agree with moa being op, and also stealth. I don’t use either. As for the burst being too much, yeah it can be, but it can also be blocked or evaded. You can also kill the clones pretty fast if you’re ranged, as they have to run to you before they shatter. I think mes is in a decent place right now, I’m eating virts on my reaper. Before they would run around basically unkillable.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

If you think Power Chrono/Mirage is a lot to deal with, at least raw damage wise...

You'd love to see how a good FA Weaver cracks out damage too.

FA Weaver is a reflex check if you can dodge Earthen Synergy or not.

Chronomancer is basically the same deal except they'll probably burn CS to try to force you to burn more CDs. If they use Moa it means they can't CC you as much with GWell and generally have less of an AoE pressure presence.

Mirage is more annoying with ambush combos, but tends to be better at specifically roaming.

Chrono dies if you make them panic their distort, expect when they're gonna try to daze you, etc etc. Unless they're the more spooky Chronos like Cjay or Mattias in NA, they're a lot harder to trick.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

As a power chrono mesmer player, I agree with moa being op, and also stealth. I don’t use either. As for the burst being too much, yeah it can be, but it can also be blocked or evaded. You can also kill the clones pretty fast if you’re ranged, as they have to run to you before they shatter. I think mes is in a decent place right now, I’m eating virts on my reaper. Before they would run around basically unkillable.

Proof that reaper needs a nerf?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Proof that reaper needs a nerf?

There's so many counters to reaper...

to elaborate, cond, chilling, ele, spellbreaker, ranger gs, DH, mesmer shatters, ANY druid ability, all of this and more counters reaper. Reaper is fine...prob needs buffs since its so limited tbh.

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Idc about fresh air cause I can see the player and see it happening. I spend half my time finding the Mesmer 🤣

If your ears ring, assuming you have audio on, or you see a big pink sword propelling through the air, it's probably time to dodge. If you hear a funny pistol pew sound, get ready to dodge, if you hear a character grunting with no one else around, you miiiiight want to dodge.

Mesmer definitely is gimmicky, that's normal. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Most oneshots ARE gimmicky. It's like getting memed by D/P Bound DD using Impairing Daggers.

The idea of bursting means doing a lot of damage or a lot of something at once. A burst of conditions, like a Carrion Axe Mirage. A Condi Herald swapping to Mallyx mid Mace 3, etc etc.

31 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

There's so many counters to reaper...

to elaborate, cond, chilling, ele, spellbreaker, ranger gs, DH, mesmer shatters, ANY druid ability, all of this and more counters reaper. Reaper is fine...prob needs buffs since its so limited tbh.

Reaper DOES have counters. It's a strong spec though. Which is AWESOME. More specs should be like that. Like Willbender, it can't swap anything on its bar right now.

A lack of versatility, in my eyes, is a sign of poor balance.

Reaper is NOT limited. Don't get that twisted. It has counters, it has ways to swap to handle those counters, but it isn't a flat out dominating spec.

It can use "You are all Weaklings!" to AoE Weakness in team fights to handle issues with Power match ups.

"Suffer!" to transfer conditions and have additional chill sources.

"Nothing can save you!" to have unblockables against supports with aegis and projectile hate.

Well of Darkness to contest nodes in maps were the node is smaller and somewhat contained.

Well of Corruption to corrupt boons, such as stability.

Spectral Armor to have some protection.

Spectral Ring to zone the node and give allies protection/Chaos Aura.

Flesh Wurm where maps won't bully your port spots.

etc etc.

Point is, Reaper has options right now. Specifically as a team fighter/condi spec. Reaper doing what it doe right now is completely fair and does a great job at keeping certain things out of the match. It's not busted, it's not weak, it's just versatile.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

This can't be stated big enough. Am I fighting one person or 4? Clones was a terrible design choice.

I don't know if its just that I play as a mesmer, but I find the actual mesmer super easy to spot. Clones all run in a certain direction usually, whereas the mesmer is going to be running around a lot and using abilities that have pretty specific animations. Also, the one with the bubble around it is the mesmer...

1 hour ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Reaper doing what it doe right now is completely fair and does a great job at keeping certain things out of the match. It's not busted, it's not weak, it's just versatile.

Exactly, which is why it doesn't need a nerf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I don't know if its just that I play as a mesmer, but I find the actual mesmer super easy to spot. Clones all run in a certain direction usually, whereas the mesmer is going to be running around a lot and using abilities that have pretty specific animations. Also, the one with the bubble around it is the mesmer...

Exactly, which is why it doesn't need a nerf.

When they're using legendaries or stuff with crazy particle effects, it gets pretty confusing after a few bowls 🤣

Edited by Eddie.9143

5 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Every time you're facing a seemingly unbeatable power mesmer take any kind of condi build and see what happens, before crying in the forum.

or switch to thief, deadeye in particular if you want them to hate thieves so much they will come to the forums and make posts about them

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

If your ears ring, assuming you have audio on, or you see a big pink sword propelling through the air, it's probably time to dodge. If you hear a funny pistol pew sound, get ready to dodge, if you hear a character grunting with no one else around, you miiiiight want to dodge.

Yeah, those are some super clear signs right there--got the good ol' 'funny pistol pew sound' and 'char grunting with no one else around' that prob has the internet open to certain shady sites too.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

41 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yeah, those are some super clear signs right there--got the good ol' 'funny pistol pew sound' and 'char grunting with no one else around' that prob has the internet open to certain shady sites too.

Nono, he's right. Pistol4 has a super audible audio queue (and a proper telegraph, since projectiles float for 0.5s before shooting), and the mantra enables the big burst from stealth

But character will scream "AGONY TORMENT PAIN", even from stealth, so if you hear that you know mesmer gets some 40% more damage for the next few seconds (8 stacks of might from the mantra charging, 12 stacks of vuln from the mantra unloading... which translates to 18% more damage)

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

But character will scream "AGONY TORMENT PAIN", even from stealth, so if you hear that you know mesmer gets some 40% more damage for the next few seconds (8 stacks of might from the mantra charging, 12 stacks of vuln from the mantra unloading... which translates to 18% more damage)

That's great---doesn't mean it shouldn't get nerfed.  

Ranger for instance has pretty audible animal sounds, and almost all of them have been nerfed for 'too hard to know what's going on'.  That would be Maul, OWP, and soon probably Griffon stance, etc.

Audio que's also aren't enough--there are people who are hearing impared and such, and the clone / general visual puke across most if not every class is ridiculous.  

Yeah, except those power mesmers are extremely susceptible to conditions because they play zerker amulet and have no cleanse other than The Prestige (2 conditions every 30s). If they're mirage they cleanse 1 condition on dodge and 1 condition with Jaunt, but that's it. Listen to me, take any long-lasting condition (stuff that would outlive a distortion, rather than an actual condi bomb that can be invuln'd); if you can chill them it's auto win.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:00 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

..Paired with MoA form......mantra of distraction....stealth....distortion spam....way too much..pls nerf

Should be able to stunbreak out of it and have utility bar still useable, remove the moa skills while you are one.

You can still freely run though in it or use dodge since this is a long cc.

• Confused 1

While we are talking about mesmers.

Power Block trait is in general okay, but against 1 spec abiltity it's bugged.

This ability from vindicator Urn of Saint Viktor when you get interupted in casting the denotate gets interupted (like I expected). But now the weird part is..., the upkeep skill isn't ended with it.

So it should end upkeep/denotate all together if the denotate gets interupted... .

You're rendered useless because of the energy keeps draining and you can't get healed during it. Don't come with, just use up all energy or swap legend.

No class/spec should suffer such heavy consequences that affects multipble abilities because of this. Because that is mostly a death sentence if such happens if you can't swap legend back. How would you all feel if 1 of your abilties gets interupted and you can't receive for long no incoming healing while that happens. I want to see you all trying not to come on the forums because suddenly mesmer with that trait is "op"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yeah, except those power mesmers are extremely susceptible to conditions because they play zerker amulet and have no cleanse other than The Prestige (2 conditions every 30s). If they're mirage they cleanse 1 condition on dodge and 1 condition with Jaunt, but that's it. Listen to me, take any long-lasting condition (stuff that would outlive a distortion, rather than an actual condi bomb that can be invuln'd); if you can chill them it's auto win.

I think it's wild that people don't realize how much a condition like WEAKNESS completely removes Power Mesmer's existence... They're not some ineffable force of nature, sneeze a blind when they're casting GS4 or GS2 and suddenly you've got a pink wizard scrambling to pick up their marbles.

There's also the beauty of LoS.

• Like 2

Tbh, I have big issues against the fact the main mechanic of BladeSong can be unblockable without much to tell apart of. Always dying to what feels like a cheap blow.

The rest of Mesmer feels like it's manageable if you have a lot of AoE damage or projectile hate.