Useless drops

I like the GW2 loot system actually. I get a bunch of junk, I vendor the grey stuff, salvage a bunch of things, and take the rest to either sell on the TP or use to craft something that is actually useful to me. I'd much rather target those ascended boots I want with the exact stats that I want rather than the WoW approach of kill boss -> did it drop? -> /roll -> did I win? (And even if I did, was it my best item in-slot or was it just "good enough" or "better than what I had?" Bleh, maybe I'm not done farming that slot... for the season. Definitely going to have to refarm it again next season...)

As for bags-in-bags-in-bags, well, that's just modern-day packaging. Really! Order a thing off whatever website, and what arrives? A box! What's in the box? Another box! And inside that? A plastic bag! Then you open that up and finally you have your thingy you ordered. Just like GW2! Only it's a surprise what's inside in GW2.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

For now it definitely seems you were looking at luck bar and didn't understand what you're seeing. It's ok...............No, it's not ok. You are incorrect in your assessment. You keep thinking if you tell me enough times that is what I was doing, that I will somehow, deny reality and take your position on this. I have told you what happened, and no matter how many ways you try and re-frame it, I still hold my position. Something happened that is beyond your ability to understand, and that is ok. You still fail to discuss the point of the post regardless. If you don't believe me, It's ok, you don't have to. Repeatinging over and over again will not make me change my mind. What you are saying to me is incorrect, it is not in fact what I was doing, as I had already asked the Lion's arch maps, how the luck/Magifind worked. So despite your, desperate attempts at discrediting, no, that was not in fact what I was doing. Thank you.

• Confused 5

17 minutes ago, Quasidivine.2591 said:

For now it definitely seems you were looking at luck bar and didn't understand what you're seeing. It's ok...............No, it's not ok

Yes, it's ok you didn't understand what you were looking at while being a new player. I agree it's not exactly ok for you to keep claiming it totally happen despite knowing you didn't understand the game because you were new.

41 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Mf % doesnt increase linearly with luck gain.

True, to get 140% it takes 390260 luck. 7 times makes it 2,730,000++ luck, which would make him reach 246%. @costepj.5120's mention of "After playing continuously for 11 years, I've made it to 225%." still puts things into perspective.

First time it happened to him was:

56 minutes ago, Quasidivine.2591 said:

That said, no, I did not know what error reporting was as I was very new to the game. I can tell you however the exact location I was standing at the time it happened the very first time. I was in harathi hinterlands, in junction camp standing where the hill by the front entry, ( Right in front of the armorsmith).

in harathi hinterlands. It was probably relatively on his level (35-45 lvl zone), considering he said he was new. It happened 7 times in not a long period of time. He needed 2,730,000++ luck in that short time. A stack of exotic essence of luck is 50k luck. To get to 140% 7 times he would need 54,6 of full stacks of exotic luck within that short period of time. (and his friend did it too, at least once -which is less stacks, but still quite a lot, especially for that lvl and "being new to the game"- before he quit!)

It did not happen. And I'm saying it because he -by his own admission- was new and the chance he amassed this amount of luck at that stage of the game is next to 0. He didn't understand what he was looking at.

17 minutes ago, Quasidivine.2591 said:

You are incorrect in your assessment.

Ok, check the numbers and let me know how you got all that luck at lvl 35-45 while being new to the game.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

You claim you got your MF to 140% nine times and it reset to zero every time. That means you achieved 1260% MF in a very short time. I think that's what I'm having trouble with. After playing continuously for 11 years, I've made it to 225%.

Due to how luck requirement for MF increases is not linear, we're talking a far lower value - somewhere around 245%

Getting to that level within a year is quite possible. It would still require some really massive farming though. Most likely through the use of ecto salvaging. On a truly massive scale (we're talking about salvaging over 100 stacks of ectos to get to that point)

And yet the OP claims to have always had poor drops (and from his other comments seem to not be engaging in farming activities on that scale).

So, something definitely does not add up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Again you assume! No I dislike you claiming something you weren't there to experience. Do you have baby pictures? Do they prove you were a baby? Maybe, Do I have baby pictures, no they were destroyed in a fire, does it mean suddenly... pics or I wasn't born? This is your logic. Get over it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, I don't assume here, I literally gave you the numbers and you failed to address anything, but instead went for the "this is harassment" treatment.

Actually, you have projected plenty of assumptions.  For example, why are you assuming that OP was level 35-45?  We all know that a level 80 character can go to lower level maps.  There are any number of reasons why a level 80 might go to a lower level map.  You can't make stuff up and then use it to counter OPs claim. 

• Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Actually, you have projected plenty of assumptions.  For example, why are you assuming that OP was level 35-45?  We all know that a level 80 character can go to lower level maps.  There are any number of reasons why a level 80 might go to a lower level map.  You can't make stuff up and then use it to counter OPs claim. 

I literally explained why in the same post. He said it first happened in harathi and he was a new player (when it happened 7 times in a short span of time). Did you miss that or...?
Here it is:

37 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

in harathi hinterlands. It was probably relatively on his level (35-45 lvl zone), considering he said he was new.

And even if he made it to lvl 80, came back to harathi and still considered himself a new player, what exactly does it change from that post? How does it meaningfully influence the numbers? It doesn't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I literally explained why in the same post. He said it first happened in harathi and he was a new player (when it happened 7 times in a short span of time). Did you miss that or...?

I started playing this game when it released.  I remember a few days in there were level 80 players.  The term "new player" is very subjective and you are interpreting it to in a way that fits your agenda.  Even if OP was pretty "new" when it first happened (if it actually happened) we don't know how long they were playing the last time it happened.  If you really want to know how "new" they were then maybe you should ask for clarification.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

I started playing this game when it released.  I remember a few days in there were level 80 players.  The term "new player" is very subjective and you are interpreting it to in a way that fits your agenda.  Even if OP was pretty "new" when it first happened (if it actually happened) we don't know how long they were playing the last time it happened.  If you really want to know how "new" they were then maybe you should ask for clarification.

You're again avoiding what is being said and asked. Do you want me to keep asking until you respond? Ok, here: And even if he made it to lvl 80, came back to harathi and still considered himself a new player, what exactly does it change from that post? How does it meaningfully influence the numbers? It doesn't.

Not only that, but after claiming I made "plenty of assumptions" you listed... one time I wrote "It was probably relatively on his level" as if that changes anything on the rest of the post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Quasidivine.2591 said:

Luck has not always functioned the way it does now. As you have been playing as long as you claim, then you should know this. 

Luck was added to the game in 2013, when MF became account-wide. It has functioned in the same way ever since it was added.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as luck is concerned, for example the max magic find used to be much higher. There have been sweeping changes to luck, and my error may have been during on of those times which is why not everyone may have experienced it the same. I seem to recall magic find gear too at one point. Also I did not acquire 140 magifind all at once, it was over a lengthy period of time. It also took me a bit to realize what was happening. Lastly getting to 250% magifind takes a hugely larger proportionate of time than getting to 140%. I hope that answers your questions  omega. Do you have a pov on the many bags syndrome?

• Confused 8

1 minute ago, Quasidivine.2591 said:

As far as luck is concerned, for example the max magic find used to be much higher.

It's irrelevant to anything here including the amount of luck you'd need to get to your proclaimed values that "kept resetting to 0".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

You're again avoiding what is being said and asked. Do you want me to keep asking until you respond? Ok, here: And even if he made it to lvl 80, came back to harathi and still considered himself a new player, what exactly does it change from that post? How does it meaningfully influence the numbers? It doesn't.

I'm not avoiding anything.  You're argument is based on the assumption he earned that much luck as a lower level player.  I have already debunked that assumption.  You have no idea what level or content OP was playing at that time so your conclusion is flawed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

I'm not avoiding anything.  You're argument is based on the assumption he earned that much luck as a lower level player.  I have already debunked that assumption.  You have no idea what level or content OP was playing at that time so your conclusion is flawed.

"I'm not avoiding anything", he said while avoiding the question once again. Getting to 80 and coming back while being a new player doesn't change a single thing about the listed numbers. You didn't debunk anything.

We don't need to know "what level op was", because it doesn't change anything about him being new to the game and needing listed amount of luck. My conclusion isn't "flawed", because it was never based strictly on him being lvl 35-45. Is there any part of this you still struggle to understand?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Quasidivine.2591 said:

Rose, Yeah...I seem to remember a different system of luck, but if that is true, then maybe I have been playing longer than I thought. ISa there some way to check my account for when it was created?

type /age in chat and it will show you character and account age in days.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Quasidivine.2591 said:

Rose, Yeah...I seem to remember a different system of luck, but if that is true, then maybe I have been playing longer than I thought. ISa there some way to check my account for when it was created?

Before that 2013 update, MF was character-based and tied to equipment (especially runes/sigils). As for your account age, all I know of is typing /age in-game. It'll give you the number of hours your character and your account have played, but then you'll have to use that to figure out how many years. If you have your info on gw2efficiency, it'll show the exact date.

21 minutes ago, Quasidivine.2591 said:

Luck has not always functioned the way it does now.

Ok, I found the date when they reworked the Magic Find stat and made it an account wide thing. --> 03.09.2013
Other than that, there was a minor adjustment/fix in 2022. --> Magic Find

All in all the thread is very strange. The OP asks a rather straight forward question: "What's with all the unsatisfying loot?" That question has been answered within the first page I think. Loot in GW2 just feels like this because it's meant to be sold or salvaged 90% of the time once you're past Lvl80. And while GW2 does have the ultra ultra mega rare drops worth thousands of gold, you can play thousands of hours and still not drop them even with maxed out Magic Find, so it's best not to count on those drops. The upside of this sywstem is, that almost anything in the game can be bought, so if you want a certain piece of gear or a skin you like, you don't need to grind a boss or an event to get it.

Now the whole discussion about OP's MF resetting or not, well, if OP cares they should open a ticket and or make a thread in the bugs section idk. Discussing it here doesn't seem to help anyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Ok, I found the date when they reworked the Magic Find stat and made it an account wide thing. --> 03.09.2013
Other than that, there was a minor adjustment/fix in 2022. --> Magic Find

All in all the thread is very strange. The OP asks a rather straight forward question: "What's with all the unsatisfying loot?" That question has been answered within the first page I think. Loot in GW2 just feels like this because it's meant to be sold or salvaged 90% of the time once you're past Lvl80. And while GW2 does have the ultra ultra mega rare drops worth thousands of gold, you can play thousands of hours and still not drop them even with maxed out Magic Find, so it's best not to count on those drops. The upside of this sywstem is, that almost anything in the game can be bought, so if you want a certain piece of gear or a skin you like, you don't need to grind a boss or an event to get it.

Now the whole discussion about OP's MF resetting or not, well, if OP cares they should open a ticket and or make a thread in the bugs section idk. Discussing it here doesn't seem to help anyone.

In case anyone didn't realize, that was September 3, 2013 (date referenced by Omega is dd/mm/yyyy).

There is a lot of junk that isn't worth selling or that isn't even sellable and isn't worth keeping.  How about all of those recipes that sell for 2c on the TP.  I always trash them right away.  Another good example is the Dandelions you get from harvesting.  Even in a level 80 zone they are worth 2c.  For me that's not worth holding at all.  Those get trashed 99.9% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Quasidivine.2591 said:

Thank you Bollocks...I will try that! Thank you Rose!

So you had magic find gear befoe the removed that and added account wide magic find then?

Inconclusion you magic find never reset even once at all just that Anet reworking were we got the magic find from for everyone.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Linken So you had magic find gear before the removed that and added account wide magic find then?...............Doesn't wait for a reply to confirm...............Also Linken at this point just making stuff up................In conclusion you magic find never reset even once at all just that Anet reworking were we got the magic find from for everyone.................... Like seriously. In conclusion? Dude you didn't even wait for a reply. And you know what, I'm not doing this again. No reply for you. You figure it out, believe whatever the hell you want and go about yer day.

Edited by Quasidivine.2591
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1