Instant ports without line of sight and no cast time

Should all teleports require line of sight?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should all teleports require line of sight?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should all teleports require minimal cast time?

• Yes
    • No

Hello!

I consider instant teleports (like guardian Judge's intervention or mesmer Illusionary Ambush) unhealthy to the game. It would be much better if they require cast time (like revenant Phase traversal). Additionally I think that all skills should require line of sight. It should not be possible to jump through wall back and forth. It is ok to climb to the target if you see it.

What is your opinion? Do you think change like this would improve the PvP experience?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Jumping through walls is fine since you can't always see what/who all is behind it. For example, teleporting into a 1 shot, trap, cc by just unlucky unpredictable timing of the enemy.

I once was on the side where someone teleported in while I did a high aoe hit and the unlucky fellow died too😂

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

No and no.

For LoS: Blink-like ports allow more freedom, thus require LoS. Targeted ports lose that kind of freedom, and get to bypass LoS in exchange for that.
For cast time: Giving cast time to instant some ports will destroy them, as we've seen with Unnatural Traversal. Phase Traversal has a cast time, ok, but it also gives quickness and unblockable; it totally needs a way to react to the incoming nuke. The other ports, on the other hand, are instacast but don't allow by themselves the effects to instanuke someone (Judge Intervention had maybe 10 damage, Illusionary Ambush gives you an ambush skill... but all ambush skills are very telegraphed, even assuming you're ported to a place with LoS to your target)

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Considering the player base mostly uses port classes, this pol is skewed to be unfair for the start. People know it's not right to teleport there walls but the people who use it don't want a nerf to threre respective class/spec.

You can't ask this kind and of question and expect and honest result. 

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm happy with the poll

5 hours ago, comarusprimus.9461 said:

I consider instant teleports (like guardian Judge's intervention or mesmer Illusionary Ambush) unhealthy to the game.

The only unhealthy port class is the toxic DE spec that can basically port across the map when ever he feels like it, while stealthing continuously.

Everything else is fine.

5 hours ago, comarusprimus.9461 said:

I think that all skills should require line of sight.

Do you think change like this would improve the PvP experience?

Do you want to kill the pvp experience? Because this would kill the pvp experience. Are you insane? Do you know how many times a pebble or mini mole hill blocked a very needed damage skill or utility?

'sorry you can't port because your pinky toe was touching a box'

Yeah, no. No thank you. Absolutely not.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 3

My issue with instant ports is that they often allow someone to queue a move that will then instantly hit which makes it harder than reasonable to spot the incoming tells.

Maybe at a higher level of play than I am at people memorize all of the abilities that all of the various builds have and can Nostradamus an incoming instant burst.

3 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I've heard of these port immune locations, I think those are about as equally bad because the game seems to arbitrarily be choosing whether or not your skill will work, even if this is a sort of skill or knowledge that the players themselves can develop. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I'm happy with the poll

The only unhealthy port class is the toxic DE spec that can basically port across the map when ever he feels like it, while stealthing continuously.

Everything else is fine.

Do you want to kill the pvp experience? Because this would kill the pvp experience. Are you insane? Do you know how many times a pebble or mini mole hill blocked a very needed damage skill or utility?

De bad and weak buff pls

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I'm happy with the poll

Everything else is fine.

Shadow portal works on all thief specs.....

• Confused 1