Actively solo gold farming for hours

Sometimes i'm playing the game while watching movie or a stream on my next screen. ı know Bitterfrost and Silverwastes. Are there any solo friendly but not fully focused areas like these to farm for hours?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

You can buy regular keys in dragonfall, and do pinata event and get some caches, as long as you collect 1 coin you are in event, but mostly we collectng caches. It is only 20min so no hours.

Generally heart of maguma but not main event but rather counter event. Verdant Daytime, Auric Pylons, Tangled help the outpost, the idea is to collect caches cargo airship, crystalize caches, aurelic baskets (what is the name) and doing some random events or not.

Lake Doric has roundtheclock events.

Same Drizzwood and Dragonstand. However hard to tell if they are solo enought.

World Boss chain? It possibly could be lazy and not too engaging.

LS3 maps but for the repeatable hearts to collect local currency, and possibly buy trinkets one day.

Bjorna there is some amount of chest and this icenodes.

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It looks to me like OP is looking for unattended farming.

"Sometimes i'm playing the game while watching movie or a stream on my next screen"

"Are there any solo friendly but not fully focused areas like these to farm for hours?"

Per the policy on unattended game play,  "ANY form of unattended gameplay is prohibited in Guild Wars 2."

@Heroic.6740, If I have misunderstood then please explain what you mean by "not fully focused."  When you play the game while watching a movie, are you fully 100% actively playing the game for the whole time or is your focus on the movie while you exploit in-game mechanics to automate farming?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

"Sometimes i'm playing the game while watching movie or a stream on my next screen"

"Are there any solo friendly but not fully focused areas like these to farm for hours?"

Per the policy on unattended game play,  "ANY form of unattended gameplay is prohibited in Guild Wars 2."

@Heroic.6740, If I have misunderstood then please explain what you mean by "not fully focused."  When you play the game while watching a movie, are you fully 100% actively playing the game for the whole time or is your focus on the movie while you exploit in-game mechanics to automate farming?

You misunderstood xD I have 3 monitors and i want to farm gold on my main screen while watching a movie.

I mean, i'll play the game and i'll press the buttons. I'm looking for a farm instance that I can constantly repeat without using my brain.

Shortly; an instance that can be repeatable for this guy -> https://tr.pinterest.com/pin/288863763616340427/

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

i would say give fishing a try, can be done perfectly while watching movies/streams.
best would likely be Domain of Kourna for Day + Night fishing, if your focus allows for it try to get in 2x avid desert fisher per D/N cycle by getting the open water fish at night and sometimes swapping from scorpions to mackerels for the tigerfish + kaluga. 

edit: either someone has been recently pushing the price of fine fish fillets massively or anet banned the bots keeping the supply up, the price of them is now too high, better to only fish with scorpions at the moment.

Edited by bq pd.2148
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to how Jade Bot Scavenger Protocols and Rifts work, doing Tier 1 Rifts in certain LW maps can be quite fun and rewarding. Sandswept Isles (LW4) is awesome for karma-farmig. When I go there, I usually do rifts or bounties (joining commanders) while waiting for the Specimen Chamber event-chain to start. The pre-event at the door is most rewarding, as it spawns tons of NPCs in short time. With an active scavenger protocol and Karmic Retribution unlocked, you can squeeze a lot of stuff out of this event. If a few people participate in it, you are most busy spamming aoe attacks to tag as many enemies as possible. When it is a rift-map, you can farm more. At least Tier 1 Rifts are not very difficult to handle, while still summoning a decent amount of NPCs = loot.

Should also work with Thunderhead Peaks, doing rifts between the north and south meta. Probably other maps with Karmic Retribution (link above) and rifts.
>Rift maps<

What I also can recommend is Dry Top, when it an active map (with tags). You have plenty of events going on almost everywhere, people telling each others where those are and map-rewards (piles of silky sand & geodes). The piles, which you get both as event-rewards and map-rewards can result in Piles of Coarse Sand, which sell well (imo).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When I have a decent amount of empyreal fragments saved up, and wanna just do some chill gathering for a decent profit, I head to Kessex Hills, pop an item/heroic booster, put a glyph of bounty in my harvesting tool, and then roam the map gathering pristine toxic spore samples. 

They respawn every 10 minutes (the wiki says 15, but it's wrong), and once you've roamed the map once finding the 6 patches, you can usually then figure out a circuit 'round the map that takes 10 minutes (or less) with mounts.

I put on an audiobook, and get my zen gathering on for a couple of hours.

Afterwards, I use them to make a toxic focusing crystals for a lot of money with little active effort.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toxic_Seedling

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toxic_Focusing_Crystal

It might be another option for you to mix things up a bit. 🙂  I hope that helps,

~EpWa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if you want to farm gold, just fish. With everything maxed it's over 20 g per hour. You can do it endlessly anytime solo. I often do it. Can hardly be easier than that.

A good zone for it is in around Amnoon, you can often find me there.

Edited by GEGEZZ.7563
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 5:23 AM, Bollocks.4078 said:

Lol aslong as he can respond to messages it's not against the rules. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

You best bet is anything on Living World Season 4 maps since it gives you Volitile magic for Trophy shipments. There is lots to choose from bounties, events and metas

Edited by Mell.4873

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Lol aslong as he can respond to messages it's not against the rules. 

Not true at all.  If they respond to GM messages then the GM has to assume they are actively playing even if they are not.  Unattended gameplay is still against the rules.  It's just super easy to get away with it due to very lax enforcement.  It's like using a radar detector to avoid getting a speeding ticket.  If the cop didn't see you speeding they can't give you a ticket.  It doesn't mean you weren't breaking the law otherwise.

• Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Not true at all.  If they respond to GM messages then the GM has to assume they are actively playing even if they are not.  Unattended gameplay is still against the rules.  It's just super easy to get away with it due to very lax enforcement.  It's like using a radar detector to avoid getting a speeding ticket.  If the cop didn't see you speeding they can't give you a ticket.  It doesn't mean you weren't breaking the law otherwise.

Maybe but then everyone would get banned. I mean I walk into walls in WvW when I don't want to be kicked, should I get a 3 day ban for that? 

I use a mouse recorded action so I don't have to click 1 or tab when I follow a Meta event should I be banned for that. 

The list goes on and nothing has even happen. 

• Confused 4

12 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Maybe but then everyone would get banned. I mean I walk into walls in WvW when I don't want to be kicked, should I get a 3 day ban for that? 

I use a mouse recorded action so I don't have to click 1 or tab when I follow a Meta event should I be banned for that. 

I think you can answer that yourself.  How do those situations relate to unattended gameplay?  Would you consider either of those to be unattended gameplay?  The list really does not go on.  If it's unattended game play then it's not allowed.  If your character is getting loot, XP, Karma, etc while you are doing something else then it's against the rules.  This is clearly a different scenario.  If a player responds when a GM checks on them then they won't get banned because the GM can't tell if it's attended or unattended game play.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 11:42 AM, Bollocks.4078 said:

But if you're half focused, it's not unintended game play. Unattended means you're not there. You're not hitting buttons. 
Half the time I'm playing I'm talking in guild chat, talking to my wife, and posting on reddit, but I'm still there in the game, controlling my character. Sometimes, I die because I lose focus, but that's not unattended game play. I'm attending it, but I'm not focused well on it.

I have ADHD and my mind is sometimes all over the place. Does that mean I'm breaking rules by playing all the time.

Unattending game play means using a ranger with a pet to do stuff while you do nothing, or using a minion master, or an engie with a turret on autocast or something similar. If you're at your computer, watching another screen, as I often do, it's not unattended game play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/15/2024 at 5:23 PM, Bollocks.4078 said:

Playing the game while watching a movie is not unattended gameplay. 
You are not required to have full and only focus on the screen. Watching a movie or a stream is perfectly allowed. The way GM's check if you have enough attention to the game, is that they'll sent you a PM. If you respond in a timely matter it is ok, if you don't respond they'll take actions

• Thanks 3

On 3/17/2024 at 1:42 AM, Bollocks.4078 said:

I think you  need to check up the word unattended. It means the opposite of attended. So not attended. It does not mean you'll need to have full 100% focus on the screen and nothing else.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:53 AM, Mell.4873 said:

To be fair, using a method to bypass a measure to kick someone who is not active is not ok. It might not be unattended gameplay per definition, but rather an exploit (misuse of a feature to bypass in this case the kick you should be getting). That you got a way with it so far, does not mean it is allowed.

• Like 1

You guys are being a bit too serious regarding this topic. There have been many threads about this and it clearly is allowed (confirmed by devs /GMs) to play "semi-afk". Means: You need to be able to respont to a GM ingame. And not being fully away for a long time from the screen/keyboard. Going ot the toilet should not be a problem. Sitting there all the time while watching a movie and looking with one eye (or half an eye) on the screen moving around and attacking trash mobs (where you do not need to do perfect "keyboard acrobatics") - also whould be okay. As long as no macros that press multiple keys are used.

This is clearly what "farming while watching a movie" means. Totally different from someone making a sturdy/tanky build on purpose to go afk for a long time in an area where they know that mobs appear that won't down them (to farm the exp maybe ... for mastery? the loot afaik gets affected by diminishing returns should not not be worth that much)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

You guys are being a bit too serious regarding this topic. There have been many threads about this and it clearly is allowed (confirmed by devs /GMs) to play "semi-afk". Means: You need to be able to respont to a GM ingame. And not being fully away for a long time from the screen/keyboard. Going ot the toilet should not be a problem. Sitting there all the time while watching a movie and looking with one eye (or half an eye) on the screen moving around and attacking trash mobs (where you do not need to do perfect "keyboard acrobatics") - also whould be okay. As long as no macros that press multiple keys are used.

This is clearly what "farming while watching a movie" means. Totally different from someone making a sturdy/tanky build on purpose to go afk for a long time in an area where they know that mobs appear that won't down them (to farm the exp maybe ... for mastery? the loot afaik gets affected by diminishing returns should not not be worth that much)

How do you resolve that against the policy on unattended game play?

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014185033-Policy-Unattended-Gameplay

The first bullet specifically says while "not actively playing the game."  If you are actively doing something else then you are not actively playing the game.

• Confused 3

Fishing

Good thing about fishing is that it's not on a timer. You can do it whenever you want.

You can take a break whenever you want.

You still have to pay attention though quite a bit (fishing mini game, sailing to fishing holes)

Allthough still less than doing most other types of content, big advantage is that you can pause in between each step for as long as you want

Completely solo friendly

But maybe watching a movie will not be a good experience

But casual youtube video where audio is the most important, for sure

I listen to podcasts while fishing, and I enjoy it

Edited by jokke.6239

On 3/15/2024 at 5:23 PM, Bollocks.4078 said:

Sounds like you really want to perceive it like that

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I am preatty sure that you can listen to music, radio, podcast... and still play the game quite focused. Watching movies is next level, but with dual screen possible.

Also if you are waiting for boss spawn, but holding instance, or wait for wall to crumble you even post on forum, as there is not much more to do in game, just waiting.

Who knows maybe i am waiting for world boss to spawn when writting this message right now.

The OP mentions Bitterfrost as example of relaxed solo farm, which is somehow active, just not very complicated. And if the OP be sacked by Arena for macroining or boting.... well we will miss them, or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1