Please nerf this abomination of a staff warrior ASAP

19 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Sahne.6950 well imo i think nearly everything is strong but i agree that warr in itself got the most options of Builds (Well technicaly they are all Defence/Discipline/ X). I mean Defence Spellbraker is this Tanky cause its Played on Defence and Spellbraker (both have defensive mechanics). Sooo yes i agree that staff spellbreaker is too strong right now. How ever i personaly have also no idea (besides maybe nerfing the staffs healing skills when no heal focused Amulet is used)

I dont think the tankyness isn´t the problem per se. I think the problem is the fact thatyou can still 100-0 people with ease, altho you are solely slotting defensive traitlines.

If i were in charge, the only thing id change is the damagecoeff of the sword 4.  That thing really stands out and is responsible for the majority of the burst. 

But like i said, i dont rly mind.  I had a blast playing it 😉

Edited by Sahne.6950

@Sahne.6950 well yea that kinda makes sence since Sword 4 still uses its PvE version stat wise xd. This was not a problem before cause you where not able to use a 2 handed defensive weapon (made the build kinda glassy before staff weapons). But since staff is out its realy good defensive in comb with realy good dmg xd

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I dont think the tankyness is the problem per se. I think the problem is the fact thatyou can still 100-0 people with ease, altho you are solely slotting defensive traitlines.

If i were in charge, the only thing id change is the damagecoeff of the sword 4.  That thing really stands out and is responsible for the majority of the burst. 

But like i said, i dont rly mind.  I had a blast playing it 😉

Or maybe limiting the range of staff burst, that thing tethers people through space and time. I play in Colisem EU and getting yoinked by warriors in Stonemist Castle USA.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Its not like we haven't been asking for a core F2 to be added in and for some of the traits to be shuffled to F2 rather than all of them keying off of F1...

Well, I guess those posts were drowned out by the shear volume of "make stuns do damage again", "make warrior do damage again", "DAMAGEE". Huge sustain/utility on one weapon, damage on the other, and the class got no more difficult to play, wins all round. Not played the game for a little now, but I get the feeling its moving just a little closer to its denominator: Will it be warrior, necro or gaurdian?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Well, I guess those posts were drowned out by the shear volume of "make stuns do damage again", "make warrior do damage again", "DAMAGEE". Huge sustain/utility on one weapon, damage on the other, and the class got no more difficult to play, wins all round. Not played the game for a little now, but I get the feeling its moving just a little closer to its denominator: Will it be warrior, necro or gaurdian?

It comes up often, though there is no real agreement on what that F2 should be, just that one is needed.

19 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It comes up often, though there is no real agreement on what that F2 should be, just that one is needed.

Well, there were plenty of examples across other mmorgs in how to make warrior an engaging skill based class, stance dancing, holding up shield to block with defiance bar, which would punish the warrior if exeeding X amount, and so on. The type of mechanics that make it engaging to play as, while offering counters and opening up room for warrior error. How do you kitten up on staff warrior?, seriosly, what type of mountkittenery do you have to do to die in under 30 seconds? Traditional SPB and blade were the same, simple to the point it takes HUGE error to die fast.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Well, there were plenty of examples across other mmorgs in how to make warrior an engaging skill based class, stance dancing, holding up shield to block with defiance bar, which would punish the warrior if exeeding X amount, and so on. The type of mechanics that make it engaging to play as, while offering counters and opening up room for warrior error. How do you kitten up on staff warrior?, seriosly, what type of mountkittenery do you have to do to die in under 30 seconds? Traditional SPB and blade were the same, simple to the point it takes HUGE error to die fast.

Some examples that get passed around in Warrior land for a F2 are:

• Bursts for the offhand weapon and a second burst for twohanders, specifically to fill in gaps in gameplay
  • A general skill that grants adrenaline on a CD but does not count as a burst. Things like Soldier's Comfort, Martial Cadence, and the like could be changed to only key off of that F2 then.
  • Being the F1 of your other weapon set, where using it switches you to that weapon set, causing the F2 to become the F1 of the set you just left.

You are right in that there is so much that could be done there, but we heavily suspect that Anet wants it to remain as simple as possible. But that puts too much onto hitting with F1s to activate traits which leads to the F1s and traits being bloated to compensate.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Kitty.4806 said:

Yes man, ignore willbender, dragonhunter, invis classes, mesmer, and necromancer. The ONE decent build warrior has is the problem. Hopeless community.

This is called a strawman argument.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, OddFinrir.6801 said:

This is called a strawman argument.

Nah, at this point the fallback after spellbreaker, staff and some core traits are getting nerfed is gonna be Defense Condi Berserker again.

The only builds that warriors have are the ones abuse hyper specific parts of their kit and stack defenses. Akeem skullgrinder combo being an example.

Power warrior builds in any iteration except spellbreaker does not survive in PvP. Blinds, weakness and aegis is so common and spammable  that and burst you try to land for instant power damage gets negated a good 80% of the time.

@Kitty.4806 good thing is also.... Staff spell is not even as good as some peops here want it to be. I can handle that thing on Condi zerker but also on the old GS/Dagger,Shield Spellbraker..... heck even on core warr xD. I think its only that peops play wrong against it. xd

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

I think its only that peops play wrong against it. xd

do you do anything here besides post about how warrior is fine but actually everyone is bad at the game except you

@Shagie.7612 yes sir ^^. Im always up to tell tha trueth xd. 

Also by no means im telling that "everyone is Bad at the game". You might have noticed that i also said that spell got also smashed in last mAT the moment it got plused. And try to find things like how to maybe nerf staff without completely killing it ^~^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Kitty.4806 good thing is also.... Staff spell is not even as good as some peops here want it to be. I can handle that thing on Condi zerker but also on the old GS/Dagger,Shield Spellbraker..... heck even on core warr xD. I think its only that peops play wrong against it. xd

I can beat the warrior fotm on the previous warrior fotm´s : ergo, warrior fotm isnt even as strong as people make it out to be.

FLAWLESS. 😅   bruh wtf 😄 ❤️

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:08 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

I played that StaffSpellbreaker build....    HOW IS THIS FAIR?

Just my 2cts:

Sword 4´s damagecoeff, is just busted beyond belief.  

Staff heals WAYYYY to much, for not investing into healing power.   

The boonrip is just straight up criminal in this meta.

Mobility also thru the roof.

Am i missing something?  this seems just stronger and easier to play than any other build right now.

That what happens when you give Warrior a weapon that isn't dogazz. 

But I agree on sword 4. A Condi skill that's 1.5cof with a filp over skill that's 2.0 cof. 

OUCH. 

12 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

That what happens when you give Warrior a weapon that isn't dogazz. 

But I agree on sword 4. A Condi skill that's 1.5cof with a filp over skill that's 2.0 cof. 

OUCH. 

yup. its the only thing i would touch, when balancing that build.  

If it wouldnt have this absurd damage, that is 75% fueled by that one skill... it wouldnt be nearly as opressive.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

@Sahne.6950 well technicaly i can also beat it as willbender and Thief ....... (obv in plus ones better than 1v1s xd) But im also kinda garbage with both xD. 

Also i don't denie that Warrior Sword offhand is right now kinda carried by buggy Sword 4 lel

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Sahne.6950 well technicaly i can also beat it as willbender and Thief ....... (obv in plus ones better than 1v1s xd) But im also kinda garbage with both xD. 

Also i don't denie that Warrior Sword offhand is right now kinda carried by buggy Sword 4 lel

How long is that "bug" a thing now?  at this point i am convinced its a feature. 😄

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

How long is that "bug" a thing now?  at this point i am convinced its a feature. 😄

It's not a bug. It's one of those skills that CMC forgot in his great Feb2020 damage nerf side quest. Flurry also did not get its damage nerfed then either. You can find skills like that on every class.

What they should have done back then is put a cap on how much added damage you could stack with traits. That would have reduced damage across the board as they wanted without leaving loopholes behind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I can beat the warrior fotm on the previous warrior fotm´s : ergo, warrior fotm isnt even as strong as people make it out to be.

FLAWLESS. 😅   bruh wtf 😄 ❤️

Im beating staff spellbreakers constantly on thief and power berserker. The only ones I have trouble with are OG vets, like Kronos and Hydraegan, and I had issues matchupping them even before this. 

Digression though 

I'm sure this falls on far too many deaf ears, but the warrior players flip flopping between [bunker number 300] and [specs that can't hit skilled players but oppress bad ones, leading to them never getting significant fixes or unbiased constructive suggestions for rework] are just as if not more tired than y'all are.

You're also making the same mistake we keep making again. Nerfing sword offhand not only doesnt fix the issue you're experiencing but nerfs the already anemic power options again. This is how you get more bunker nonsense. They'll just swap sword out for shield or pistol.

Or greatsword, even

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 4/3/2024 at 11:29 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Some examples that get passed around in Warrior land for a F2 are:

• Bursts for the offhand weapon and a second burst for twohanders, specifically to fill in gaps in gameplay
  • A general skill that grants adrenaline on a CD but does not count as a burst. Things like Soldier's Comfort, Martial Cadence, and the like could be changed to only key off of that F2 then.
  • Being the F1 of your other weapon set, where using it switches you to that weapon set, causing the F2 to become the F1 of the set you just left.

You are right in that there is so much that could be done there, but we heavily suspect that Anet wants it to remain as simple as possible. But that puts too much onto hitting with F1s to activate traits which leads to the F1s and traits being bloated to compensate.

I have no problem at all with simplicity, but when its effectiveness isnt capped to compensate, then thats a blatent pandering to casual mentality, the every child is a winner bs that creates weak humans. Blade, SPB and Czerker have been good to very good over the last 2 years, and the 3 specs combined are basically the equivilent complexity of hammer cata or power untamed. For the low complexity relative to sustain/utility/dps output, Blade & Czerker should have been hard capped to D tier at best, and SPB at C. They are way over performing in effort/reward, not that they are the only ones. There are a number of god aweful low effort builds (like core condi thief) just festering in the woodwork, waiting to infest the game with yet more dumbledore level gameplay after some random unralted ANet change.

I say this becuase I agree with you, Anet couldnt even redo core mechanics at this poin even if they wanted to, the problems are way too deep, based on the complete lack of defined role ethos "anything goes" that the game was based on. Great concept and a bold effort, but here are the rewards for litterally designing certain specs to be "noob friednly", respect the time of casuals.. spit in the face of regulars, or those who prefere complexity, etc. They can, and should buff and nerf directly in line with effort of the given class/spec. A decently capped MMR system would sort the rest of it out, easy specs would cap out around low gold, but they get to play each other + others on harder specs who are not as good (yet). Those who are good and on more complex specs go high gold/plat, around similar skill levels with similar spec difficulties allowing more room for spec based errors etc.

But then, I get the feeling staff warriors getting to plat think they deserve to be there.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1