Guild Wars 3 - Ideas [Merged]

1 minute ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

Guild wars 3 should be more like Elden ring game

With the community we have? The community that cries out to nerf open world bosses? I doubt that that would sell m8. 😄

• Like 5

I'm hoping with it in development they have ways to be significantly different.

GW1 and GW2 were unique in their own ways from each other and other games. GW3 should take the good of those two games, do some of its own innovation and come out with a better product with 15+ years of progress in hardware, software, game engines, modelling, etc...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Mobs that roam, active map. Many different things happen. 

Feel like we been in static NPC, they stand in same spot forever is soooo 2012, its 2024 mobs should roam the world should feel alive.

Also, building, sandbox world. 2020s is about sandbox. Sure have some things as is like cities, but the battlefield the zones should be sandbox. Build bases and what not. Your bases get raided too if in the wilderness. The NPCs cleanup the wilderness of people bases by attacking them and razing them and so on. You gotta be active to keep your base standing, have a big guild or take turns rotating to defend it. Thats from against NPCs, we haven't talked PvP.

Anyways make the game more alive. Don't always have to have enemy NPCs raiding your base could be friendlies doing something in your base. Raise revenue or something. Attract other players to visit your base because they the only ones that sell something and that something is really sought after so people check where that NPC is and if its someone base they go visit that persons base.

Player designed clothing, player design attire market, SecondLife was pretty popular for this, I liked that. 

VR, interacting with objects. Like I can roll up your sleeves for you. Like I grab your armor, and I roll up your sleeves. You don't drop a sword, instead I grab it and yank it from you or you hand it to me.

Weather, rain anywhere, snow anywhere, thunderstorm anywhere. Patterns, if you see it on the east of the map and the weather pattern is going eastward, the people on west side get the rainstorm in like an hour so. Weather makes visibility difficult, makes your slower, makes some abilities not work, and so on.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 3/24/2024 at 12:39 AM, starlinvf.1358 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a single player game will NOT work within the Guildwars universe.  And this is largely to do with the lore itself.   Guildwars thematically has largely been about people coming to together to solve a big problem.  The Lore actually does not like the idea of a singular chosen one.  Whenever a single person tried to solve a big problem, they either made the problem worse, or invented a whole new problem that everyone else now has to deal with. (And I extend this idea into everything involving Aurene, dating all the way back to Kaithe taking the Egg) Even in GW1, it was heavily implied that you were part of a diverse group of heroes who banded together to stop an existential threat.  In GW2, that was the premise of the entire 2nd and 3rd acts; with at least half the options in the first act being about leadership and cooperation.  

To make a single player campaign in the way modern players expect things (aka straight up power fantasy), you'd end up being the villain with how this universe treats powerful independents.  Even the OG Best Dude of Tyria's History, ended up causing not only one of the single biggest disasters (the Crystal Dessert), but set the stage for all subsequent major magical disasters (including the Guildwars, the Sinking of Orr, speeding the cycle of the Dragons, and Nightfall being the weakest campaign of the 4 major story lines).  His name was Abbadon.  And he gave the people of Tyria the gift of Magic.  And what did we learn?

Just look at many JRPG games, like the Final Fantasy series. Or, if for some reason JRPGs don;t count for you for some reason, take look at, for example, Baldur's Gate 3. And then come back and try to tell us how it's impossible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

No, Guild Wars always been an MMORPG, not an RPG. Want single-player games, go play Witcher or something. Players that like MMOs needs a solid alternative to WoW that is guild wars, and not some cheap Asian cra.p. There is no new story left in Guild Wars, and there won't be any GW3 anytime soon, and I hope not.

Edited by AIex.4105
  • Confused 1

On 3/22/2024 at 9:41 PM, DreamyAbaddon.3265 said:

An action adventure RPG with guns and space battleships with sword and magic, would be like Star Wars but in the guild wars universe!

This would really only make sense if the Guild Wars universe had a huge fanbase like Star Wars used to have. As it stands the lore isn't a huge selling point for the active players let alone anyone outside. It's not like, let's say a Warhammer 40k game where you can count on people buying it just because it is 40k. So if anyone wanted to make that game you have in mind it would make much more sense to create a new IP that fits that kind of game perfectly instead of carrying over all that baggage from 2 previous installments.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think there is enough lore potential for a GW3. All the potential is in GW2. Sure, they can write new stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to make a whole new game. I imagine that most people would instead prefer a graphical/engine update and optimization (myself included).

A GW3 right now would just feel like Overwatch becoming Overwatch 2. For those who don't know, It was the exact same game, with a few character remodels, initially one or two added modes, and a promise of 'skill trees' that never happened.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

I don't think there is enough lore potential for a GW3. All the potential is in GW2. Sure, they can write new stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to make a whole new game. I imagine that most people would instead prefer a graphical/engine update and optimization (myself included).

A GW3 right now would just feel like Overwatch becoming Overwatch 2. For those who don't know, It was the exact same game, with a few character remodels, initially one or two added modes, and a promise of 'skill trees' that never happened.

See, I just don't agree with that.

GW2 didn't really introduce much lore. Just dragons. It dragon-bombed every region and introduced an industrial revolution to recontextualize the setting, but fleshed out a lot of the content with throwbacks to GW1 lore.

GW3 would likely do the same thing for both GW1 and GW2 lore. We have Orr and the other planets. We have Asura tech and the mists. Fully developing either or both of those would be enough to recontextualize the lore again in a sci-fi setting.

I do think that would be the last time they could pull it off though, since there really isn't any "next paradigm" they could take the franchise after futurism. A GW4 would likely be a reboot or midquel, like AoE4 lol.

• Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

See, I just don't agree with that.

GW2 didn't really introduce much lore. Just dragons. It dragon-bombed every region and introduced an industrial revolution to recontextualize the setting, but fleshed out a lot of the content with throwbacks to GW1 lore.

GW3 would likely do the same thing for both GW1 and GW2 lore. We have Orr and the other planets. We have Asura tech and the mists. Fully developing either or both of those would be enough to recontextualize the lore again in a sci-fi setting.

I do think that would be the last time they could pull it off though, since there really isn't any "next paradigm" they could take the franchise after futurism. A GW4 would likely be a reboot or midquel, like AoE4 lol.

Already talking about a GW4.  Geez man hit the brakes. There is still a lot they can do with GW2 and now that they are no longer tied down by the dragon cycle they can go literally anywhere without having to create a GW3.

The only reason GW2 came out was because GW1's engine limited the developers on what they wanted to do (like jumping and active dodging). When they realized they had to heavily modify the game engine, they went ahead and made GW2 with it. GW2's engine is a heavily modified version of the GW1 engine. Aside from fancy lighting and better graphics, there really doesn't seem to much that the GW2 engine limits the developers purely from a gameplay standpoint.

SotO is just the first large bit of content that isn't about the dragons. Give them a chance to see what they can do before you go demanding GW3 (much less GW4). I'm not saying GW in space is a bad idea, I'm just saying let's not be quick to abandon ship and start demanding GW3 when it's not necessary.

I don't want ANET to take an unnecessary gamble spending tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars for GW3 unless they had the plan, intention, and capability to make it so that it blows GW2 out of the water. If they do make a GW3 (possible, yes, but not really necessary), I want it done right. Space be damned.

• Confused 1

Just now, Zera.9435 said:

Already talking about a GW4.  Geez man hit the brakes. There is still a lot they can do with GW2 and now that they are no longer tied down by the dragon cycle they can go literally anywhere without having to create a GW3.

The only reason GW2 came out was because GW1's engine limited the developers on what they wanted to do (like jumping and active dodging). When they realized they had to heavily modify the game engine, they went ahead and made GW2 with it. GW2's engine is a heavily modified version of the GW1 engine. Aside from fancy lighting and better graphics, there really doesn't seem to much that the GW2 engine limits the developers purely from a gameplay standpoint.

SotO is just the first large bit of content that isn't about the dragons. Give them a chance to see what they can do before you go demanding GW3 (much less GW4). I'm not saying GW in space is a bad idea, I'm just saying let's not be quick to abandon ship and start demanding GW3 when it's not necessary.

I don't want ANET to take an unnecessary gamble spending tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars for GW3 unless they had the plan, intention, and capability to make it so that it blows GW2 out of the water. If they do make a GW3 (possible, yes, but not really necessary), I want it done right. Space be damned.

Lol I have so many disagreements with this. GW2 is ten years old and dated in so many ways. ANet is dead if they don't produce a game on modern engines, if not to appeal to gamers or to have a fresh start on mechanics and foci, but to attract developers who don't want to work on old engines with spaghetti code.

Honestly they should have done it a few years ago before they started cannibalizing features and reselling them as new content. Now they are not only gambling on a single, aging tentpole, but one that they are actively dismantling out of desperation to stay afloat until their next revenue stream can be released.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Batalix.2873 said:

Lol I have so many disagreements with this. GW2 is ten years old and dated in so many ways. ANet is dead if they don't produce a game on modern engines, if not to appeal to gamers or to have a fresh start on mechanics and foci, but to attract developers who don't want to work on old engines with spaghetti code.

Honestly they should have done it a few years ago before they started cannibalizing features and reselling them as new content. Now they are not only gambling on a single, aging tentpole, but one that they are actively dismantling out of desperation to stay afloat until their next revenue stream can be released.

People have been saying it is a dead game even before HoT, so stop being a doomsayer because it has been said by countless others for over 10 years. Just because a game is 11 years old does not mean it is unplayable. Dated does not mean useless. You're obviously still playing the game after 11+ years. The day none of the group content at any point in time on any given day can be done due to low player population is when you can start to parrot the doomsayers.

You use the term 'gamers' too strictly. There is a WIDE range of gamers, and GW2 appeals to the majority first and foremost: casuals. It has been good enough for us all these years, and it will likely continue to be good enough for a few years more as long as they keep producing content worth playing. That has NOTHING to do with the game engine's age and everything to do with the quality of the content itself. You forget that even some games from over 30 years ago are still worth playing.

Even now, there are people who STILL play GW1. I myself still log in on occasion just to replay a game I enjoy. I am 1 title away from GWAMM and will be working on it casually over the next few months until I finish it. 19 years old and the game is STILL worth playing. That is the testament of what ArenaNet can do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

People have been saying it is a dead game even before HoT, so stop being a doomsayer because it has been said by countless others for over 10 years. Just because a game is 11 years old does not mean it is unplayable. Dated does not mean useless. You're obviously still playing the game after 11+ years. The day none of the group content at any point in time on any given day can be done due to low player population is when you can start to parrot the doomsayers.

You use the term 'gamers' too strictly. There is a WIDE range of gamers, and GW2 appeals to the majority first and foremost: casuals. It has been good enough for us all these years, and it will likely continue to be good enough for a few years more as long as they keep producing content worth playing. That has NOTHING to do with the game engine's age and everything to do with the quality of the content itself. You forget that even some games from over 30 years ago are still worth playing.

Even now, there are people who STILL play GW1. I myself still log in on occasion just to replay a game I enjoy. I am 1 title away from GWAMM and will be working on it casually over the next few months until I finish it. 19 years old and the game is STILL worth playing. That is the testament of what ArenaNet can do.

That is such a binary way of viewing things. I didn't say it was a dead game, just that it isn't competitive as a tentpole anymore. It will likely retain some niche appeal for a long time but in an attention economy its consumer base will continue to dwindle because it isn't a current product with current sensibilities. Just like GW1 wouldn't and doesn't sustain ANet either. The issue isn't whether GW2 is "dead", it is whether it has enough appeal to keep ANet "alive".

The reality is that no studio survives without putting out a new release every so often, and ANet is overdue.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 3/24/2024 at 1:26 PM, Omega.6801 said:

With the community we have? The community that cries out to nerf open world bosses? I doubt that that would sell m8. 😄

I agree with more Elden Ring style.

I seem to see people talk about EoD in a bad way, but I really enjoyed it, especially Soo-Wong meta prenerfs. Everyone losing, its the final battle thats how final battles should be. Very close and it just came out, its ok to lose lose lose, it just came out. I beat it after a couple days, it felt dang good too after beating it. Beating Soo-Wong felt better than beating Zhaitan and Mordy.

Elden Ring was popular and wanted to play it because its tough. Too many participation trophy games out there, people assuming everyone wants to win all the time.

SotO is relatively easy right? Hows it looking. I don't really hear much complaining about HoT, but that expansion was tough and I don't hear people making doom and gloom, passion is gone type of threads from tough content. Seems like tough content people get ticked rightfully so. Just like Street Fighter 2, probably got whooped in it a lot, made a big fuss but its a well remember, good times kind of video game, because of it was tough, not no participation trophy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

That is such a binary way of viewing things. I didn't say it was a dead game, just that it isn't competitive as a tentpole anymore. It will likely retain some niche appeal for a long time but in an attention economy its consumer base will continue to dwindle because it isn't a current product with current sensibilities. Just like GW1 wouldn't and doesn't sustain ANet either. The issue isn't whether GW2 is "dead", it is whether it has enough appeal to keep ANet "alive".

The reality is that no studio survives without putting out a new release every so often, and ANet is overdue.

That's what expansions are: new releases. That's also what the in-game store is for. They keep creating content that people are willing to pay for. That's all they really need to do.

If they decide to make a GW3, it will be when they deem it necessary. Today, it is not necessary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

That's what expansions are: new releases. That's also what the in-game store is for. They keep creating content that people are willing to pay for. That's all they really need to do.

If they decide to make a GW3, it will be when they deem it necessary. Today, it is not necessary.

Lol I'm not engaging with this semantic wizardry anymore. One expac, SotO-size or otherwise, is not a "new release." It is not a new game, nor is it really introducing much new content at all.

GW3 (or some newly developed game) has been necessary since 2019/2020 when they were trying to divert resources away from GW2 toward rumored GW3 pre-prod.

You do not know what you are talking about. Just because you are personally invested in something does not mean it is a viable business model.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Lol I'm not engaging with this semantic wizardry anymore. One expac, SotO-size or otherwise, is not a "new release." It is not a new game, nor is it really introducing much new content at all.

It has been necessary since 2019/2020 when they were trying to divert resources away from GW2 toward rumored GW3 pre-prod.

You do not know what you are talking about. Just because you are personally invested in something does not mean it is a viable business model.

How is making a product that people continue to pay for not a viable business model? Isn't that the whole kittening point of a business model? To keep customers engaged with new products, services, or updates? They have money coming in, and enough of it that they can keep making new expansions. They gave us 5 different Living World types of content for absolutely free (only cost money after it was no longer freely available and some people still bought it).

I'm guessing your idea for a viable business model is one that creates wealth in excess for a select few through the exploitation of its workers and customer base. If ArenaNet's business model was not viable, they would have gone under before HoT.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/24/2024 at 1:23 PM, Nightcore.5621 said:

Guild wars 3 should be more like Elden ring game

Also, wanted this point this out.

There was a lot of likes and trophies. I feel like the confused face, whenever theres ideas or challenges to the game, people/regulars like to gang up with the confuse face so the outcome was good from that thread. And be like Elden Ring basically be tough but mechanically tough not no dps checking type of vibe.

Soo-Wong was pretty mechanically, gotta be on your toes and somewhat dps check.

I remember they nerfed it a lot of times, I think I beat it like after 2 nerfs and I was enjoying it before I finally beat it too. Something about community coming together and being serious and everyone has common goal. Its fun.

If its participation trophy expansion you don't really see that, its more of who can play faster more efficient or cheesy way rather than everyone come together lets discuss how we gonna overcome. Make squads and hold people accountable, not no join just for kicks squads. Get your 10 buff stack, everyone be serious if you don't 10 buff stack let me know, we gonna do if you have any questions let me know. yada yada.

EoD meta was fun.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

There are lots of things in GW2 that cant be changed (same as there were in GW1). You cannot change the balling gameplay of gw2, boon meta, skills tied to weapons, having so many skills on a fast paced game  that it becomes a spam fest (in fact gw2 is the game with the most insane spam buttons ive seen out of any action combat game outthere). Aside of the graphics, engine limitations, too much systems over systems complexity already.

So yeah GW2 is in its last face making money till GW3 or however they gonna call it come out. Its a shame but its what it is. I dont even think Anet is happy with GW2 and what it can offer for the future (that has not been done 100 times already).

A game where your PvP is basically on maintenance mode (no new conquest maps, no new mechanics, no improvements, no new PvP modes etcetc...), WvW kinda on maintenance mode too with the dream of a new matchmaking that is gonna be basically the same as the wvw you play nowadays. Raids and many other stuff dead, and no resources/ambition to make hype new stuff like a new race etc...

Theres not much hope for this game rather than playing what is up already and some minor content as SoTo was.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2