Return to LWS2 - Many Achievements (Runaround, Vinewrath, Hidden Depths) Not Giving Credit

Just now, LichOverlord.6329 said:

However, I don't think it's fair to expect Arenanet to just give a season away for free during a bonus event, especially since there's not really a precedent for it - especially since it

would make Living World Season 2 the only season (Outside of Season 1, which is just free in general) to be given out in such a way

They gave it away in 2021 for the last "return to lws2" event.  And they've done it with all the other seasons too.

• Confused 9

1 minute ago, duskpoo.1824 said:

They gave it away in 2021 for the last "return to lws2" event.  And they've done it with all the other seasons too.

please reread the following:

12 minutes ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

To be fair, this is different than the 'Return to" achievements that eventually result in the Aurene-themed legendary amulet - the "event" you're talking about was a permanent edition to the game in the form of an update, whereas this event is simply a bonus event (like a fractal or dungeon rush), and only lasts a week

Like I said, this event and the event you're thinking of ("Return to Living World") are two completely different events. This event, "Return to Living World Season 2" has never been done before, and the achievements and rewards are different than those of the former, which are permanent editions, have 4 tiers instead of two, and have achievements tying in to each individual story chapter, whereas this one doesn't.

• Like 9

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Hmm...twice offered at no cash cost, and missed out both times.  That's unfortunate. 

Yeah well I guess that's the downside of motherhood, i miss out on my game more than I want to and the way it's set up just feels like I'm being punished for it.

• Confused 8

2 minutes ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

please reread the following:

Like I said, this event and the event you're thinking of ("Return to Living World") are two completely different events. This event, "Return to Living World Season 2" has never been done before, and the achievements and rewards are different than those of the former, which are permanent editions, have 4 tiers instead of two, and have achievements tying in to each individual story chapter, whereas this one doesn't.

Ok I understand what you are saying.  When I opened the mail I got so excited thinking they were bringing the old event back and I'd finally get my chance to do the stories.  But guess not.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm sure many of us are mothers.  It only took 30 seconds-1 minute to log in and unlock the Episodes.  🤷‍♀️

Yeah sure because after pushing out a baby THAT'S what's on my mind. kitten.

Edited by duskpoo.1824
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

2 minutes ago, Blitz.3627 said:

Were you doing that both times it was available for free?  That is some seriously bad timing. 

No, the first time I was new to the game, didn't know how it worked yet, and missed all those.  I didn't start playing full time till after the original release.

• Confused 5

Free access ran for 8 months the first time - July 1 to February 24.

The second time for a month - May 25th to June 22. 

Again, very unfortunate.  Perhaps, post in the Suggestion thread that you would like ArenaNet to give you all 8 Episodes at no cost, as you were unaware or unable to log in for 8 months one time and a month another time.  Sometimes the CS Team can do amazing things!

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The typo Asuaka.1528 metions is in the achievment overview (having that section opened where the achievements are listed) when hovering over it with the mouse where it shows "Completed x/4 Season 1 Story Missions". Elsewhere I only saw it correctly mention season 2.

As for the free season/chapter unlocks: Afaik it was at the original release and at the special event - first time they introduced the "Return to" achievements. It was obvious that this was not intended to return regularly.

Those new calendar weekly "Return to" achievements seem separate and work in a different way. I guess it will be one week per season and them rotating through the seasons - repeating from the beginning again (once finished). With the major seasonal holiday events in between + the new content releases and weekly "Rush" events. This will make it possible for new players to catch up on certain stuff where a higher population in the seasonal maps is helpful. (Namely for S1 it should be interesting for some help in the LA instance.)

The earlier Return to events had each week (without a break I think) one episode (for the later seasons, S2 I think split on 2 weeks since it did not have new maps for each episode) and were mainly to bridge the gap until the new expansion. (Cause people got impatient again.) Combined with the new legendary and the 1-time chance for the free unlock again. Maybe to advertise to new players.

They never hinted that they wanted to bring free unlocks back regularly. We have big sales every now and then though. And the full packages sold on the website. I gought after the initial release before the free unlock returned with the legendary amulet. Bought it on sale and did not regret it since I like it story-wise and I enjoyed playing the story chronologically in release order.

If you own all other stuff ... the best you can hope for in a reasonable amout of waiting time ... is about 30 percent off on the S2 package (more - according to wiki - only around 2019 in rare cases and with inflation everywhere and the prices increasing ... might happen at 30 percent off during this year's sales around black friday but I would not hope for more).

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Free access ran for 8 months the first time - July 1 to February 24.

The second time for a month - May 25th to June 22. 

Again, very unfortunate.  Perhaps, post in the Suggestion thread that you would like ArenaNet to give you all 8 Episodes at no cost, as you were unaware or unable to log in for a year one time and a month another time.  Sometimes the CS Team can do amazing things!

It's pretty rude of you to respond in such a way.  I already said I didn't start playing until after the original release of lws2, and was occupied with an infant for the free re-release.  But I guess in your eyes if anyone misses log in for any reason what so ever, they aren't worth what the rest of the players have received.  Enjoy your game.  I'm sure it was worth ignoring real life to be so devoted.  And I'm sure it's worth it to Anet to run off seasoned players by clinging to a dusty old product that most people here got free that i'm sure doesn't make much money in the gem store anyway.  

• Confused 15

27 minutes ago, duskpoo.1824 said:

Ok I understand what you are saying.  When I opened the mail I got so excited thinking they were bringing the old event back and I'd finally get my chance to do the stories.  But guess not.

You haven't lost your chance to do the story; if you really want to play LS2 you can just buy the episode like most of us did. It's even on sale now and pretty cheap with either in-game gold or real money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

16 minutes ago, darksome.1697 said:

Just confirming the three Silverwastes tasks are bugged, just did the whole map meta, Vinewrath, Hidden Depths and Retrospective Runaround, and none of them counted.

Incase you missed the red post on page 1.

1 hour ago, Spectral Spiral.6109 said:

We're  aware of some issues in the LWS2 event that just started, and our team is working on a fix.  The following achievements are impacted, and we will provide an update once the issues are resolved:

• Reconquer the Crash Site Climb (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Hidden Depths (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Retrospective Runaround (Weekly)
  • Revenge of the Vinewrath (Weekly)
  • Like 1

NONE of the jumping puzzles work. they dont give you the achv progress

Killing the vinewrath does not work

Doing hidden depths does not work

The only ones that work are the chests in dry top and silverwastes, and the events in those zones.

(Not tried the living world return, because if that does not work I'm going to lose it at this point).

How has an event been released in this awful fashion where most of it just does not work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Again, very unfortunate.  Perhaps, post in the Suggestion thread that you would like ArenaNet to give you all 8 Episodes at no cost, as you were unaware or unable to log in for 8 months one time and a month another time.  Sometimes the CS Team can do amazing things!

... and don't forget to mention pushing out a baby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Typical ANet 🤣 

UPD:

Dear ANet staff,/devs it would be better if you tested the events before launching instead of putting confused reactions under the posts 😂 

What a disgrace it is to repeatedly step on the same rakes - do you have a quality department or at least any testers? I don't know whether to cry or laugh. I can already anticipate the OFFICIAL response along the lines of, «Guys, don't be upset, next time we might fix something, someday you'll be able to get achievements/rewards», like that time when only squad leaders got the achievements 🤡

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, duskpoo.1824 said:

It's pretty rude of you to respond in such a way.  I already said I didn't start playing until after the original release of lws2, and was occupied with an infant for the free re-release.  But I guess in your eyes if anyone misses log in for any reason what so ever, they aren't worth what the rest of the players have received.  Enjoy your game.  I'm sure it was worth ignoring real life to be so devoted.  And I'm sure it's worth it to Anet to run off seasoned players by clinging to a dusty old product that most people here got free that i'm sure doesn't make much money in the gem store anyway.  

I sense some serious entitlement issues here. You stole a whole threat about  a bug to discuss how you have to have something because you were busy "pushing the baby out" . Some people had money problems, sickness or death in family, were sick themselves etc We all have something going on. Noone owns you anything. Please do some self reflection as you are rising said baby. There is no need for more entitled people in this world. 

Also to go back to the issues at hand. JPs at least are still broken. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

can confirm (at least) those are still bugged:

luckily found this thread as i was beginning to think i was crazy

19 minutes ago, acrux.4728 said:

can confirm (at least) those are still bugged:

luckily found this thread as i was beginning to think i was crazy

Being a little crazy can be fun.  🙃

Was told the Labyrinth was also broken, anyone can confirm?