1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Feel free to post your own proof of skills disproportionately favoring the caster. You seem to list examples so it should be easy.

Nobody CAN post this kind of situation from their own PoV though. What you're asking for is impossible, because on the user's screen it looks like a completely normal cast. You're lined up, you don't dodge it, he connects with you. At best, they can show it happening to them, which... clearly there's plenty of videos of it lol. You've posted a ton of em already.

The caster side equivalent here is using a movement skill and not going anywhere. Whirlwinding in place. Anybody with any bit of time on warrior can tell you that happens way more often than they'd like.

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

It's meaningless to try and predict the headspace this guy was in. You can't.

No, but I've queued into the guy enough to say with relative certainty he's not cheating. If that were Azure, or some other f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶  warrior main you wouldn't have jumped to hackermans. That's exactly why they delete any thread that mentions a player's name, btw. Because gamers are dumb as bricks and will instantly grab the pitchforks no matter what actually happened.

29 minutes ago, Fellknight.4820 said:

He popped up, hit balanced stance, teleported onto you, and hit bull charge.

There's literally no balanced stance on his buff bar. He has the warrior targeted the entire time. Balanced Stance itself puts up a unique icon.
He got the stability from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stalwart_Strength
That's how he got the very next stability stack too. It doesn't repeatedly break stuns anyways. The "next tick" couldn't break the slick shoes. Only the initial cast that you said was already up.

You can see in front of him too, the Vindi's jump instantly lands, the timing is off on it. Because there was a slight hiccup somewhere.

Still not anybody cheating anywhere nearly as often as you think, you're clearly lost because you don't even know what skills or traits were active in this clip.

6 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

No, but I've queued into the guy enough to say with relative certainty he's not cheating. If that were Azure, or some other f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶  warrior main you wouldn't have jumped to hackermans. That's exactly why they delete any thread that mentions a player's name, btw. Because gamers are dumb as bricks and will instantly grab the pitchforks no matter what actually happened.

You, you're a part of the problem, because this is clear evidence of a cheat. Every good player here knows what prog allows you to port to target and what it looks like.

When you slow it down you can see him rally hit balanced stance, port all janky on top of him, and hit bulls charge, you can see the bull's charge animation AFTER the port.

This is one of the most obvious cheats caught on recording and STILL people like you try to make stuff up lmfao it's crazy. This is a 13 year old pc game brah and you have the burden of proof set to absurdity even when caught on candid camera.

Edited by Fellknight.4820

23 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

https://imgur.com/zwxB9TF
That's the literal frame he gains buffs. You can advance youtube frame by frame bud, don't need to slow the playback speed down.

https://imgur.com/WSBH9hY
Do you see the swordy man on his bar?

Good Point I assumed he used balanced stance to free himself from the knockdown, because the knockdown animation didn't even go off before he broke, which is too fast, he would have needed a autobot macro for stun break if he wasn't stance ticking stability. So good catch, so that coupled with the teleport makes it 100% he cheating. 

And the fact that you are ignoring he just TELEPORTS onto him and THEN, hits bull charge, is mad suspect. 

Your SUS rating has grown!

Edited by Fellknight.4820

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Nobody CAN post this kind of situation from their own PoV though. What you're asking for is impossible, because on the user's screen it looks like a completely normal cast. You're lined up, you don't dodge it, he connects with you. At best, they can show it happening to them, which... clearly there's plenty of videos of it lol. You've posted a ton of em already.

The caster side equivalent here is using a movement skill and not going anywhere. Whirlwinding in place. Anybody with any bit of time on warrior can tell you that happens way more often than they'd like.

Yeah I don't mean to imply that other skills don't bug out. I only meant to offer the opportunity for you or others to show other skills like Bulls Charge that disproportionately benefit the caster. I highly doubt it looked like a "normal" cast from the Warrior's perspective in the latter 2 instances of the Taylor's Version video.

No, but I've queued into the guy enough to say with relative certainty he's not cheating.

Do I detect some bias here 😛 But yeah, I get the pitchforks thing and am not mentioning the person by name. I neither claim nor deny that cheating is going on in the video.

You can see in front of him too, the Vindi's jump instantly lands, the timing is off on it. Because there was a slight hiccup somewhere.

Just to clarify, the video during that portion is slowed by 50% and the Vindi doesn't instantly jump and down. There are two stages to the dodge (the dodge animation is buggy), where they are midway up in the air, then quickly ascend further, then back down.

Edited by bethekey.8314

4 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

🙂

If you're talking about jumping + Bull's Charging, you can see that they're in the Bull's Charge stance before they even round the flame pillar.

No idea, I don't that much attention if he was in it already. Just thought it might have been that, but then it's weird what happened

22 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Now If that were Azure, or some other f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶  warrior main

Ay hold on wait a second

I take offense to that framing 

22 hours ago, Fellknight.4820 said:

he would have needed a autobot macro for stun break if he wasn't stance ticking stability

He got the stability from Stalwart Strength most likely. It procced when he hit bulls charge, then again for hammer 4. That tracks, because you kind of want to be not interrupted when you're starting up your BLENDER, as you can see with the slick shoes ignore. 

I think this is just gigajank. getting hit by a bulls charge that was initiated where @bethekey.8314's client thought the player was snagged on the minor elevation gap, only to lose the argument with the server and update -while- he's getting knocked down. As was said before though, the fact this is up for debate at all is kind of the whole point. 

I don't really know how you'd fix that in a way that makes it more reliable. If it requires LoS/a valid path,. it would have still done what it did here, with the added poisonous behavior of failing to activate on things like stairs or without a target. I don't think I'm up for that imo, that seems like an interaction I'd uninstall over. I run into dumb situations like this constantly for thieves and other port classes, especially if they were trying to use a movement skill the instant they went down and the client and server disagree about where exactly they landed. It's frustrating but not exclusive to bulls charge, and certainly not in such a way that I'm willing to risk the skill being made worse. I kinda just deal with the fact that willbenders will probably do damage to me with a port skill -before- their model updates to be next to me sometimes. 

Not that I'm implying bulls charge needs to be janky to work~ If you can keep it functional -without- introducing some arbitrary hurdle that would then be subject to the -same- tier of jank, only shouldered exclusively by the warrior then sure, go nuts, w/e. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Ay hold on wait a second

lmao

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Not that I'm implying bulls charge needs to be janky to work~ If you can keep it functional -without- introducing some arbitrary hurdle that would then be subject to the -same- tier of jank, only shouldered exclusively by the warrior then sure, go nuts, w/e. 

My point with Magnet is that among skills that should do similar things to Bull's Charge, Bull's Charge seems to stand out as privileged (to me). I just want things to be fair. If everyone suffers from the same issues, that's fine. If everyone's invisible-teleport-evade-stunning each other, that's stupid, but at least it's fair.

It's probably not worth talking about in the end. Very unlikely that anything would be done. I'd much rather them focus on improving the windows of opportunity on certain classes for balance.

On 4/1/2024 at 3:04 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

😂

Idk maybe, but my ping is consistently below 100 and didn't have any issues like this the entire game/play session. Clearly this moment stood out enough for me to hit record.

It's almost like having a fire-and-forget skill that evades, doesn't require LoS, goes around corners, auto-positions around frontal blocks, goes over air gaps, and doesn't require character models to even connect to hit, is bad design for online games. If it was a properly telegraphed charge, I could have dodged it. But instead we get these situations where either: 1) I got hit due to the game itself, not the enemy player 2) the player did use a teleport cheat in combination with Bulls Charge, but we can't really tell because of the skill design and the potential for random internet things.

Classes with this sort of plausible deniability in cheating are breeding grounds for it. In the case of Bull's Charge, I think it should require valid paths to target like teleports and the two player models to connect to hit. These are not the case as documented by my other two Bull's Charge videos. The skill is a problem in this game context, and is overly forgiving to Warrior players.

A properly timed jump will cause the skill to miss

8 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

A properly timed jump will cause the skill to miss

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Same with Shield Bash FWIW.

Somewhat off topic, as this is more about weird teleports that defy timing/prediction, but neat.

I recall Warrior's saying similar things about the Dragon Trigger skills being jumpable and super easy to dodge. Then I posted a video of two good Bladesworn players (Paul and Yerloqq I believe) eating 90% of Dragon Trigger hits in their duels.

And if reliable, such advice only really applies when you couldn't otherwise dodge. No one is risking the 100-0 with 1 or 0 stunbreaks available to attempt to cheese the hit with a jump.

I'll let you both know when I ever see Warriors doing this regularly themselves. Haven't in 10+ years. I also happen to know that neither of you are some uber-tier PvPer.

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Somewhat off topic, as this is more about weird teleports that defy timing/prediction, but neat.

I recall Warrior's saying similar things about the Dragon Trigger skills being jumpable and super easy to dodge. Then I posted a video of two good Bladesworn players (Paul and Yerloqq I believe) eating 90% of Dragon Trigger hits in their duels.

And if reliable, such advice only really applies when you couldn't otherwise dodge. No one is risking the 100-0 with 1 or 0 stunbreaks available to attempt to cheese the hit with a jump.

I'll let you both know when I ever see Warriors doing this regularly themselves. Haven't in 10+ years. I also happen to know that neither of you are some uber-tier PvPer.

You can find videos of in game matches of these jumps being done. Not exactly common knowledge though, and even knowing it I don't even think about it during a fight.

On 4/5/2024 at 6:27 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

It was more of a cool little "did ya know?" Kind of thing.  Youre right its too risky to do in a match. Terrain affects if its possible to do or not. And when it is the timing has to be perfect.

Its like how people know you can do a double jump up that ledge in Coliseum to get into mid. But because of how hard and unreliable it is to land the jump, youll rarely see people do that cause youll most likely fail and get killed trying.