Emboldened Mode - Raids

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 3:33 PM, Quirin.1076 said:

Raid rewards are a joke for the time to play them.   How is content you can only do once a week considered an exploit with Emboldened Mode?

If you're bashing your head on an encounter for an hour then yes. If you clear an encounter in 10 minutes or less then it is rewarding.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Raid rewards are a joke for the time to play them. 

Not really, but as already mentioned in this thread, nerf the rewards for emboldened -including no LI/achievements- and lets see how much you'll still keep asking for what you're proposing in this thread.

Spoiler alert: you won't, because you're pushing for easier rewards. Learn the content's mechanics like you claimed you wanted and you'll have the weekly rewards you want.

If the Main design function of Funneling players was real they would fix the massive issue of maps closing and moving players to empty maps. 

That has nothing to do with what is being discussed and pointed out in this thread. Bad strawman attempt.

Raids are more or less dead content.

They're not, without change you're just saying whatever to get easier rewards.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Emboldened Mode = Difficulty Mode

Funneling players only benefits those who sell raids and those who run training raids.  It does not benefit those groups who are full of friends that simply enjoy playing the game  and want to experience the story.  

On 5/11/2024 at 3:00 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Spoiler alert: you won't, because you're pushing for easier rewards. Learn the content's mechanics like you claimed you wanted and you'll have the weekly rewards you want.

Spoiler Alert - You could Farm Fractals in the same time with less people and earn more rewards than the same time spent in a single run a week Raid.

They're not, without change you're just saying whatever to get easier rewards.

Spoiler Alert - You can earn more gold doing other content in the game, like PvP reward track or WvW reward track and sell the items that drop to earn plenty of gold.

Not really, but as already mentioned in this thread, nerf the rewards for emboldened -including no LI/achievements- and lets see how much you'll still keep asking for what you're proposing in this thread.

Like I said before I have already cleared all the raids and I have gotten all the achievements from said raids that I would ever need to get, so why would I even care about these.   I have a full set of all Legendary Armor / Weapons / Trinkets / Sigils / Runes / Relic /   you twice told legend is not repeatable.  I have every legendary insight I have ever earned from all my clears of raids and have no desire to make the legendary armor from raids.

All PvE content you can set your difficulty. Emboldened Mode = Difficulty Mode

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Sadly no, the difficulty remains the same, what happens it's that the game gives you more stats, but the boss itself will not change a bit.

Reduced difficulty would mean for example not taking reflected damage on gorseval, VG losing greens on last phase or Sabetha phasing at 66-33% instead of 75-50-25%, being Karde the one that disappears. These changes would lower the difficulty, giving the player more stats changes almost nothing.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Funneling players only benefits those who sell raids and those who run training raids.  It does not benefit those groups who are full of friends that simply enjoy playing the game  and want to experience the story.  

It's for you to try out the raids, after that you can proceed with playing them in normal mode. Not sure why you're feeling the need to bump the thread 2 weeks later with things that were already answered. You asked the question, you received clear answers and yet here you are, repeating this nonsense. Emboldened doesn't help in learning mechanics, you can learn with friends -or in training runs- by playing in normal modes, so you're wrong.

11 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Spoiler Alert - You could Farm Fractals in the same time with less people and earn more rewards than the same time spent in a single run a week Raid.

Spoiler alert(?): Then go do that. Not sure how this is supposed to be responding to anything in this thread.

12 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Spoiler Alert - You can earn more gold doing other content in the game, like PvP reward track or WvW reward track and sell the items that drop to earn plenty of gold.

Spoiler alert(?): Then go do that. Not sure how this is supposed to be responding to anything in this thread.

12 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Like I said before I have already cleared all the raids and I have gotten all the achievements from said raids that I would ever need to get, so why would I even care about these.   I have a full set of all Legendary Armor / Weapons / Trinkets / Sigils / Runes / Relic /   you twice told legend is not repeatable.  I have every legendary insight I have ever earned from all my clears of raids and have no desire to make the legendary armor from raids.

Cool, then ask for removal of those rewards from emboldened and we can talk about it again. For now, you're not adding anything new here, everything was already answered, you're just covering your ears and repeating what was already responded.

13 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

All PvE content you can set your difficulty.

That's completely false, not sure what you're trying to make up here now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Quirin.1076 said:

All PvE content you can set your difficulty. Emboldened Mode = Difficulty Mode

In fractals and strikes you have lower rewards for lower difficulty. In emboldened mode you have exatly the same rewards like in normal mode, and thats exactly why you have only 1wing per week. Noone here is saying that lower difficulty accessible all the time for raids would be bad thing, they would have to adjust rewards (remove LI and probably  half gold of normal mode). But of course you will argue with this because its not really about "friends that simply enjoy playing the game  and want to experience the story" but easy rewards that you are after.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Players selling raids are by far good enough to do so without emboldened. They've been doing it even before emboldened was introduced. They've been doing it since before the power creep cycles of EoD and SotO came around.

Your are literally making things up here. Lying will not make your argument seem in any way stronger.

Being intentionally oblivious and misrepresenting or intentionally mislabeling wording makes you seem desperate to make stuff up. The funneling happening is for inexperienced players and potentially training runs so that those players have a larger audience per week. This was explained multiple times alrdeay.

Yes and if the gold reward was the primary reward, you might have a point. Alas it is not.

Good on you, so have many others. You've already stated: you want this change to benefit a select group of your friends while not caring about how the entirety of the raid community is affected. Your statement that you do not care or are affected is not genuine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So you all agree Emboldened should be selectable and not on a 7 week and now a 10 week rotation with upcoming expansion.

Nice discussion, positive and informative.  Very constructive and straight to the point and all staying on topic topic of the suggestion.  Follows the reddit posts when emboldened was first introduced and how much hate it received then,  why it should not have been added to the game.

Thanks all

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

29 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

So you all agree Emboldened should be selectable and not on a 7 week and now a 10 week rotation with upcoming expansion.

Nice discussion, positive and informative.  Very constructive and straight to the point and all staying on topic topic of the suggestion.  Follows the reddit posts when emboldened was first introduced and how much hate it received then,  why it should not have been added to the game.

Thanks all

How do you go from 7 to 10 weeks when all we are getting is 1 raid it would be 7 to 8 weeks.

The CM and legendary CM not different raid wings.

And no people dont seem to agree with you.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Emboldened doesn't really mean much with the power creep. Anyone that did a few strikes and understand the basics of his build can crank well over what's required from his role. And that's an understatement. New players don't fail because of lack of stats. They fail because of mechanics. 

• Like 1

I would like to leave emboldened as it is.

I think it is awesome because it allows starting raiders to get familiar with the mechanics without having to worry too much about stats and hitting the perfect rotation. I also think it is awesome because it allows players to complete certain achievements needed for their legendary raid items in harder wings like 5 to 7 with a significant boost.

Because Emboldened raids offer full normal mode rewards I think a restriction of one wing per week is fully justified. It allows players who play normal mode to fast-track their LI farming in comparison to players who only play the emboldened wings.

I needed emboldened to get over my anxiety to get into raiding. But normal mode should continue to be rewarding and this is the case because emboldened is restricted to one wing per week. And if normal mode is too hard: Just take it slowly and play one emboldened wing per week. You will still get there. No shame, if you can play emboldened raids you are already far ahead of the average GW2 player.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2024 at 11:16 PM, Linken.6345 said:

How do you go from 7 to 10 weeks when all we are getting is 1 raid it would be 7 to 8 weeks.

The CM and legendary CM not different raid wings.

And no people dont seem to agree with you.

I apologized, I was not only talking in the forums.  I spend more time in game and I was talking in Map chat about Emboldened Mode on various maps.  Most people thought it was funny I would even bothered with the forums.  Most people simply avoid raids because they have had bad experience in raids and a there were a handful that simply did not like that content, due to the build specific content.  

Just a thought, but hey 3 more raids being added, and a spear on land.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Just a thought, but hey 3 more raids being added, and a spear on land.

It's 1 new raid with potentially 3 bosses. Raids =/= strikes.

Map chat discussions will engage a large amount of different players, many who might not be the target audience. The question then becomes: who are you trying to reach with your message and who are you trying to convince?

That doesn't make the idea any better if it's supposed to resonate with a specific player demografic (and it does even less when this is about helping said demografic and not random players not interested in the content).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

On 6/24/2024 at 11:13 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's 1 new raid with potentially 3 bosses. Raids =/= strikes.

Map chat discussions will engage a large amount of different players, many who might not be the target audience. The question then becomes: who are you trying to reach with your message and who are you trying to convince?

That doesn't make the idea any better if it's supposed to resonate with a specific player demografic (and it does even less when this is about helping said demografic and not random players not interested in the content).

Those who play the game, it is funny to use demographics though when referring to players playing the same game, kind of corporate speak.  Forums only targets those on the forums.
Raids is considered PvE (Player vs Environment) content, so open world map is PvE (Player vs Environment) content.  

I did bring up what was said here in the forums in map chat.  WvW players simply did not care less about Raids, some had done them a few times to get a set of legendary armor. 

Funneling and Abusive farming were two of the most common things they agreed with though.  There were some suggestion for Story Mode or Public style instance of raids, kind of like what was done with Dragonstorm and Convergences.  Some suggested doing something like EoD Strikes or Dungeon Frequenter, where you have to do so many unique public runs to get loot which is connected to a weekly.   

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

I did bring up what was said here in the forums in map chat. 

I brought it up in map chat, everyone said you're wrong, similarly how people did in this very thread.

3 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

WvW players simply did not care less about Raids, some had done them a few times to get a set of legendary armor. 

Not sure why you're bringing up wvw, when in this thead you got responses from people actually interested in the content but you still decided to cover your ears and come back weeks later with a trolly "so you all agree!" non-response. You've tried making up some arguments that didn't hold the water at all, they got addressed, you didn't like the disagreement so now you're doing... this. The goal of the content and that mode isn't to forcibly push you towards easy rewards. You wanted to learn the raids with your group so learn the raids one wing per week and then proceed with normal mode.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2024 at 6:39 PM, Quirin.1076 said:

Those who play the game, it is funny to use demographics though when referring to players playing the same game, kind of corporate speak.  Forums only targets those on the forums.

To assume that every player is the target for ever type of content is incorrect. I get that you dislike dealing with issues which might put into question some of your held beliefs (you've been very clear in that regard throughout this thread), that doesn't remove the fact though that different players enjoy different types of content.

If you go into WvW and ask about open world pve and heart quests, you will get WILDLY different answers than if you did the same in Divinities Reach or Lions Arch.

If you asked about raids in the Aerodrome, you will get wildly different answers than if you did in Queensdale.

The same goes for Spvp, instanced content, metas, etc.

You are correct, forums will target a certain subset of players (in general more invested) and divide those even further into different categories depending on sub-forum. You are currently posting in the "Instanced Group Content" sub-forum and are this reaching some of the more dedicated instanced group content players.

Raids is considered PvE (Player vs Environment) content, so open world map is PvE (Player vs Environment) content.  

Yeah good luck with that. There are a TON of open world players which have 0 interest in instanced content and even less so in raids.

But again, it makes sense that you would argue otherwise given you have an agenda.

I did bring up what was said here in the forums in map chat.  WvW players simply did not care less about Raids, some had done them a few times to get a set of legendary armor. 

Yes, WvW players in general (except for the ones which play multiple game modes) in general are not very interested in PvE, not only raids. Which just supports the point I was making: be aware of which target audience you are speaking to.

Funneling and Abusive farming were two of the most common things they agreed with though.  There were some suggestion for Story Mode or Public style instance of raids, kind of like what was done with Dragonstorm and Convergences.  Some suggested doing something like EoD Strikes or Dungeon Frequenter, where you have to do so many unique public runs to get loot which is connected to a weekly.   

and certain aspects of this approach are being tried out in the next mini expansions, time will tell how that works out.

Convergences have shown that anything more difficult will lead to an increase in private squads with a larger failure rate for public instances (see complaints about Umbriel most recently). Hardly something a lot of players from the only open world crowd find enjoyable.

As far as Dragonstorm, I might be wrong, but I doubt many players are replaying the story mode version of that fight multiple times. It's just not rewarding enough. The actual regular  fight is being run because it is easy and rewarding enough, yet eve here some players prefer organized 10-man runs to the public version.

TL;DR: if the public versions of raids are on the level of easier convergences or Dragonstorm with some reward, they will be popular. If they are more challenging, open world players will struggle and more dedicated players will create private squads. None of this has any bearing on Emboldened Mode in existing raids.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 9:39 AM, Quirin.1076 said:

I mean you're basically getting up on a soapbox talking to people in map chat who either don't know or don't care about what you're talking about. So it's kinda like one of those conversations where people just endlessly nod to pretend they're being engaged to be polite and then they're like "wtf lol" afterwards.

Sorry I feel like you're misinterpreting what is being considered funny here.

Although WvW players woudn't really need to do raids for legendary armor?  WvW has its own set of legendary armor, so raids would only be needed if they wanted to get it faster or want skins.

I mean back to the topic Emboldened should be taken as an aid, not something to have the game revolve around.  It was designed as such because calling it something like easy mode has its own stigma, and let's be honest-- if we separate the community into that, then a certain subset will never get anything done. (Spoiler: It's not the veterans)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1