Wizzard's Vault bag of coins got nerfed?

Yes. Sad event. It is hit for no SotO players, as you soon run of cool things to buy.

There could be more quality items, like unlimited transmutacion token for fashion, or equipment template, or 1 time teleport to frienRd. Unlimited no discount laurens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

it's unfortunate but i say it was never really worth buying those to begin with... new players have up to 500g worth of other options, old players have better things to do for gold than invest 10+ minutes on getting 2 gold. Even in my best-case scenario of 7 minutes for my sPvP dailies, it isn't worth it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 16

1 hour ago, Player.2475 said:

it's unfortunate but i say it was never really worth buying those to begin with... new players have up to 500g worth of other options, old players have better things to do for gold than invest 10+ minutes on getting 2 gold. Even in my best-case scenario of 7 minutes for my sPvP dailies, it isn't worth it.

Even if you're new you probably complete the main purchases in6 to 8 weeks. After that buying those bags was the main spending; the change represents ~6.2 gold coins less a week, going from 43.3 to 37.1 .Its a shame not only due the loss itself but because what means for the future...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Even if you're new you probably complete the main purchases in6 to 8 weeks. After that buying those bags was the main spending; the change represents ~6.2 gold coins less a week, going from 43.3 to 37.1 .Its a shame not only due the loss itself but because what means for the future...

The other rewards are nice, but the repeatable gold bags or 2g for dailies before the WV were never worth it to begin with. If you care about gold, spend those ~10 minutes doing a meta like Octovine or Dragonstorm or something and you will get ~5-9g instead of the 2g. Even AFKing in WvW for 2-3 ticks will probably give you more value than doing dailies for the repeatable gold bags.

• Confused 10

36 minutes ago, Player.2475 said:

The other rewards are nice, but the repeatable gold bags or 2g for dailies before the WV were never worth it to begin with. If you care about gold, spend those ~10 minutes doing a meta like Octovine or Dragonstorm or something and you will get ~5-9g instead of the 2g. Even AFKing in WvW for 2-3 ticks will probably give you more value than doing dailies for the repeatable gold bags.

The thing you are missing is that you get the AA on top of the normal reward you're getting.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

The thing you are missing is that you get the AA on top of the normal reward you're getting.

Yeah, and I'm talking about people using the AA to buy gold... Reading comprehension is not your strength, is it?

Edit: Not like the objectives PvE or WvW dailies have you do are more rewarding than just running around for 5 minutes and killing random things, lol

Edited by Player.2475
  • Confused 12

42 minutes ago, Player.2475 said:

Yeah, and I'm talking about people using the AA to buy gold... Reading comprehension is not your strength, is it?

Edit: Not like the objectives PvE or WvW dailies have you do are more rewarding than just running around for 5 minutes and killing random things, lol

And logic isn't your strenght too, it'll recap it for you :

- you do content, you get gold

- it complete some WV objective at the same time, you get AA

- You use AA to get gold

So in the end you got gold from the content + extra gold from the AA

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

And logic isn't your strenght too, it'll recap it for you :

- you do content, you get gold

- it complete some WV objective at the same time, you get AA

- You use AA to get gold

So in the end you got gold from the content + extra gold from the AA

Or you could do content that is actually worth doing and earn 3x more gold than the WV-promoted content + extra AA gold. 😛 Of course there are some decent metas inbetween, but most of the WV objectives are there to nudge you towards doing bottom of the barrel content, not content that is still amazing even 9 years after it was initially released.

I had a look at the wiki page https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault/Easy_objectives, and it doesn't look like most of these objectives would get you even 1 extra gold combined unless you are very lucky.

Edited by Player.2475
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Player.2475 said:

Or you could do content that is actually worth doing and earn 3x more gold than the WV-promoted content + extra AA gold. 😛 Of course there are some decent metas inbetween, but most of the WV objectives are there to nudge you towards doing bottom of the barrel content, not content that is still amazing even 9 years after it was initially released.

I had a look at the wiki page https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault/Easy_objectives, and it doesn't look like most of these objectives would get you even 1 extra gold combined unless you are very lucky.

Well, not really, except for thing like jumping puzzle or core world boss, most of WV can be done with profitable meta (either with the meta itself or by doing it, like jade mech with kaineng meta)

• Like 6

Anet did say when the Wizard's Vault was introduced they'd be looking at how it was used and making changes. I suspect they want the infinite bag of gold to be a 'last resort' for when you've got everything else but noticed a lot of players prioritising it. Or they noticed it was mainly being bought by alt accounts that only ever do the WV achievements and funnel the gold to the owners main account. Either way they'd want to make choosing it less desirable.

Although they're probably never going to get to a point where players will get all the limited items before going for the unlimited gold. Which ones they skip will vary but I bet everyone has some they don't want. I never get the Tomes of Knowledge for example because I have about 300 in the bank and get them whenever I do WvW. I wouldn't rule out picking it one day but I also haven't gotten the obsidian because I had almost 1000 at one point and have to push myself to use it up.

1 hour ago, costepj.5120 said:

There was a much bigger nerf on the Black Lion Mastery Coffers, which you could originally vendor for 1G, but now are only worth 20s.

My guess is Anet intended them to be used and only gave them a vendor value just in case someone bought too many (so they weren't stuck with a useless item, or contacting support for a refund) but didn't intend them to also be another source of gold from the Wizard's Vault, otherwise they could have just made another 'bag of gold' type item. I suspect they found the vast majority of them were being sold to vendors immediately and wanted to discourage that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

There's little content I can do that doesn't complete most of my dailies at the same time. I would need to go out of my way to avoid doing them.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

There was a much bigger nerf on the Black Lion Mastery Coffers, which you could originally vendor for 1G, but now are only worth 20s.

I noticed that too. I stoped purchasing them entirely.

The thing is that, of course, people will always go to the best reward/time and path of least resistance. So nerfing is pointless since for the player the goal was always having good things in exchange for time and for the developers the goal was to have people engaged. Once you start to nerf things at some point people will just stop engaging. So the decission was bad.ç

Another rant/example: one of the pillars of SotO was delivering new weapons (albeit for me as Rev main the appeal was mostly having free access to short bow); they just delivered the new weapons a few weeks ago and turns out most of them are bad and on top on that they are already being nerfed. So how much I enjoyed the Rev's new scepter?... 

...I fooled around with it for 30 minutes, then I spent 160 hours in Last Epoch.

• Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 8:05 AM, Player.2475 said:

You understand it. Many guildy’s of me think its normal to waste time on dragonstorm or leyline anomaly for 1 kitten mystic coin. (Include traveling waypoint price) Or for 2 gold. 15+ minutes minimum. Thats 900+ hours in time doing such low rewarding events just to buy ONE mount skin of 1600 gems. 
At this ratio its no wonder that ppl use their wallet for gems. Noone want to do 900+ hours to low effort low reward ratio events. Sure you can enjoy the event. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I don't bother with leyline anomaly, but I do a daily Dragonstorm. The time taken is nearer to 10 minutes than 15, and in addition to the guaranteed 2 Gold, you get 6 memories of Aurene (worth 3 to 4 Gold) and regular (one or two per month) bonus drops (Frostsaw, gift of Aurene) plus a chance of getting a Pristine Dragon Eye (not happened for me though!)

Edited by costepj.5120
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

You understand it. Many guildy’s of me think its normal to waste time on dragonstorm or leyline anomaly for 1 kitten mystic coin. (Include traveling waypoint price) Or for 2 gold. 15+ minutes minimum. Thats 900+ hours in time doing such low rewarding events just to buy ONE mount skin of 1600 gems. 
At this ratio its no wonder that ppl use their wallet for gems. Noone want to do 900+ hours to low effort low reward ratio events. Sure you can enjoy the event. 

I'm pretty sure that's not at all what the poster you quoted said. Also anomaly doesn't normally take 15 minutes, not even close. And dragonstorm rewards more than 2 gold.

(weird thread necro tbh)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

For my non-SotO accounts it was worth it before and is still worth it.

Since they're all set to wvw they do themselves most of the time. It's just additional gold on top of playing the usual.

And if it's 30 or 35 or 40 or 45 aa, I don't really care.

• Like 1