Next-Level Fashion Wars: Cosmetic Inspect Coming to Guild Wars 2 April 16!

1 hour ago, Helliwolf the KrimsonKnight.6523 said:

This is a total privacy violation! Unless we consent, our character should show up as the default PvP character model named "Player." How dare you look at my armour?! And anyone who read my name should be banned immediately!

And don't get me started on boons and conditions! My conditions are a private matter that are to be kept only between me and my healer!!!

Looking at your conditions (medical history) is a HIPAA violation. Lol

• Haha 3

Isnt the point of "DEVELOPMENT" making thing easier for those who come after us? if the enitre world made such a fuss about the new folks getting things easier there is no innovation. as it will never benefit anyone. keep in minjd it are pixels. i am an avid fashionista myself but if people wanna take my looks. sure go ahead. i did the work for you so you dont have to break your head over it.

THAT is innovation. what is happening now in the fashion community is regression.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

First of all. I love the idea for the cosmetic inspection for people to enjoy. But speaking as a long term contest participant and host of our own events i have seen multiple people in line to try snag gold with the looks of others. Countless of times including my own. Even when i was a judge they showed up and I recognised designs made by ppl i knew or my own.
This system however will have a bad side to it for the ''end game of fashion'' As this will make people less unique and less creative. Yes it will be easier to make looks for people. but this will not make it more fun for a lot of players in the fashion community. As leader of a fashion community for years people see it as their own way of art. to express their creativity and skill. People who aren't experienced enough with fashion wars have no idea how to stand out and be different. I would also prefer  an option to disable/enable this new cosmetic inspect system.
Mostly because the dyes is what makes people stand out. If the true end game is fashion wars. Then why is it being made easier?  It should remain a fun challenge for those enjoying it.
That's my feedback on it. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Isnt the point of "DEVELOPMENT" making thing easier for those who come after us? if the enitre world made such a fuss about the new folks getting things easier there is no innovation. as it will never benefit anyone. keep in minjd it are pixels. i am an avid fashionista myself but if people wanna take my looks. sure go ahead. i did the work for you so you dont have to break your head over it.

THAT is innovation. what is happening now in the fashion community is regression.

Too Much Innovation is like Not enough, the moderation is where the key to success is.

Edit: Wanting to push and push new features in number and speed will lead to some quality issues.
You are more likely to overlook something, which is the case here...

There is definitively a certain hype for the function, but it is also disgruntling people that I am pretty sure ANet didn't expect, which if they had taken more time to reconsider all options they probably could have seen that making an Opt-In/Opt-Out options from the very beginning would have made all this unecessary.

Edited by LoboRaptorLo.2603
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

As someone who finally managed to get legendary armor after years of playing, I spend a lot of time creating unique looks for each of my characters. Since 2012, I have managed to create a character of almost every race and profession combination. Each character has a unique look, and each look changes based on the activity. Dozens, if not hundreds of hours have been spent painstakingly researching and obtaining the items needed to create these looks for each of my characters. The fact that someone can just run up to me, click inspect, and instantly copy my looks is not only infuriating, but a serious breach of my privacy.

How is it fair that I spend hours making my characters look decent, and someone can just come along and copy how they look? I also DEFINITELY do not feel comfortable running around in the open world and potentially having people closely inspect my characters - it's incredibly disturbing to think about. It is similar to going out in public and having random people record you with their phones. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

I just want Arena Net to pull the trigger and implement the inspect feature as is with NO WAY to Opt Out. :^)
You are all being mad over people wanting to look nice in their cosmetics. I just cannot take this discourse seriously for the most part. Plus you all will get used to this and stop complaining.
It's already bad enough to be elitist with what people play and what gear they use (for the most part, let's not start using things that obviously don't work.) But to be elitist over cosmetics? That's a new low, not going to lie.

• Thanks 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13

5 minutes ago, Herrscher.2986 said:

I just want Arena Net to pull the trigger and implement the inspect feature as is with NO WAY to Opt Out. :^)
You are all being mad over people wanting to look nice in their cosmetics. I just cannot take this discourse seriously for the most part. Plus you all will get used to this and stop complaining.
It's already bad enough to be elitist with what people play and what gear they use (for the most part, let's not start using things that obviously don't work.) But to be elitist over cosmetics? That's a new low, not going to lie.

Alright let me give you an example, what if I hack into your computer, copy all your files to a T, and get off with them without you knowing...
That's exactly the same feeling.

It litterally won't hurt you to have people be able to toggle that option off. Just that you won't be able to inspect us without asking.
A huge Life Motto: " When in doubt, ASK!"

Edit:
It cannot hurt you to ask as much as it is to us finding out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Herrscher.2986 said:

what u so mad about ? if there can be an option for both. then its solved for everyone? lol its not like people are screaming they dont want the feature at all...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

i dont mind be "inspected". 

i hope Anet dont mind this also.

Its amuse ppl think theyre so special or that have something unique.

A veteran can copy any visual easily.

The only time i dont know where a armor came from is where new thing is released at Gem Store(i dont look much at it). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

3 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

Alright let me give you an example, what if I hack into your computer, copy all your files to a T, and get off with them without you knowing...
That's exactly the same feeling.

It litterally won't hurt you to have people be able to toggle that option off. Just that you won't be able to inspect us without asking.
A huge Life Motto: " When in doubt, ASK!"

The models don't even belong to you though. They belong to ArenaNet. So it's nothing like your example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 10

25 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Why is an opt in feature wanted? Unless it hides your appearance from everyone except you what is the point? If you can block this feature you have not prevented anyone from copying you. Cell phone picture, prop it next to my monitor, proceed to duplicate your appearance.... Opt in or out is a pointless use of development time because of that alone. 

Side note: I hope this works on NPC's. I've wanted to duplicate certain factions on occasion like the White Mantle.

agreed with all, i really like copy NPC looks.(i have a clone of Queen Jennah the four winds version).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i dont mind be "inspected". 

i hope Anet dont mind this also.

Its amuse ppl think theyre so special or that have something unique.

A veteran can copy any visual easily.

The only time i dont know where a armor came from is where new thing is released at Gem Store(i dont look much at it). 

Trust me, I'm a fashion wars veteran, it still takes me 3+ hours to make a fashion... it's a time investment...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Herrscher.2986 said:

The models don't even belong to you though. They belong to ArenaNet. So it's nothing like your example.

It really shows how much respect towards other players you actually have, which is bar none.
Fair the models are not mine. But you should still recognize players who actually put time into this.

Otherwise prepare for a future where we all look the same... *insert spidey pointing meme here* because this is going to be the future that is coming.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I think everyon forgets that fashion is done for YOU personally. fashion is a personal thing. if people IRL dress the same as me, do i have to take offense? just be happy you helped someone find their style.

In the end you amke fashion to make YOURSELF look or feel nice. if you do it for clout, you are doing it wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 7

Just now, Kinurak.5307 said:

I think everyon forgets that fashion is done for YOU personally. fashion is a personal thing. if people IRL dress the same as me, do i have to take offense? just be happy you helped someone find their style.

In the end you amke fashion to make YOURSELF look or feel nice. if you do it for clout, you are doing it wrong.

Take your clothes, take your face, take your name, and pass as you... This is litterally borderline impersonation. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

Trust me, I'm a fashion wars veteran, it still takes me 3+ hours to make a fashion... it's a time investment...

believe-me: nobody care.

But youre still a hero in my book, that ppl that can make something beautiful of  that amount of ugly skins theyre are true heroes of GW2.

In time: Gw2style need some love, its abandoned for ages, without Gw2style the game have died long time ago.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

Hi, yes, that's an actual crime in real life, and that's wholly different from someone looking at your easily viewable pixels in a video game and copying your look within the video game within the bounds offered by the video game, and conflating the two things as the same really means it's time to step away from the computer and take some deep breaths and separate hyperbole from reality.

I mean this with all due respect. I get you feel really strongly about this, but I highly, highly, highly recommend taking a step back for a bit to collect yourself because this isn't a healthy mindset, comparing someone criminally infringing on your IRL privacy and data to publicly viewable and copyable appearances within a video game as the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 14

Just now, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

Take your clothes, take your face, take your name, and pass as you... This is litterally borderline impersonation. 

No-one is taking your name, face and anything else though. you are making a fuzz about something that has not happened.and probably wont happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 4

I dont get what people are mad about new freature, Wow and others games have same kind of freature but in our game its a bad thing? guys get your dolyak and skritt &*^% together people 💢🤦‍♂️

Edited by Rongaron.9213
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6