[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Very nice new Wintersday decorations. They are very huge. Really cool.

https://imgur.com/jDHrwIn Infinitarium Deck.    I love it, i will make an asuran space station haha. If only i had more asuran decos...

Even Toymachine is very cool! Hope to see more big decoration! Dement clocktower top? Big SAB sceneries, water and lava tiles? (Can hope for World 3..)  Zephyrites houses? Anyway, good job, very cool decorations.

Edited by hugo.4705

Make home instances more inviting by allowing players to customize the positions of their home instance nodes. We can place things wherever we want in our Guild Hall, so why can't we do this for our own home instances? It would also be neat to be able to place decorations inside our homes, to customize them further and not make them seem so cookie-cutter as they are right now.

For me, there's not much incentive to go to my home instance because everything's spread out and it takes a couple minutes to get your daily goods. With material currency nodes costing a whopping 50 gold each, and the tradeable nodes also costing 50 gold or more, it's a big price to pay for such hassle going around every day to harvest everything.

If we could place nodes where we want them to go, then it would encourage players to go to their home instances a lot more. After all, home is where the heart is, right?

I just feel like the home instance isn't as great as it SHOULD be. It feels neglected and time consuming. I don't feel the incentive to use it daily simply because of how spread out everything is, and the fact that it isn't really a home because we can't decorate it the way we want to, or move things around like you would in a proper home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BnooMaGoo.5690 said:

Greetings

My poor bunny is on the verge of major brain damage from hitting its head on ledges, stones, shelves etc
Could we get a skin with a crash helmet?

Gratitude

this could be expanded upon by making a hazmat suit to go along with the crash helmet
suit could be made out of toughest skimmer skin which could also give resistance to falling, quicksand, lava & brandstorms nasties
the skimmer maintains its uniqueness by its ability to swim underwater (which you can always expand upon too)

Have an option to 'combine all' aetherkey pieces. 

Have more 'consume all' options in general for things that would otherwise take forever to combine or consume.

Make Recovered Charr Artifacts tradeable.

The frostbitten Orichalcum Harvesting Sickle has 50 less uses compared to the axe (100) and mining pick (100), yet it costs the same amount of karma (4,998). This discourages people from buying the sickle, because you're getting less bang for your buck. I don't blame them either. I'm only going to purchase the axes and mining picks because I don't want to be ripped off getting the sickles.

Edited by Zaoda.1653
Added frostbitten sickle QOL suggestion

Disclaimer- I know nothing about coding, this may be impossible to do in engine so ignore if that's the case.

Just occurred to me that ANET could possibly be able to introduce a cosmetic wardrobe within the current framework of the game - have cosmetic changes save BETWEEN build templates. For those that use all their slots already (you crazy people) there would have to be a trade off somewhere but for those of us that use very little it could be used to just save the same build and just change cosmetics.

It would certainly give me a reason to buy more slots!

Heya, Could we please get the contents of the updated black lion chests back into the patch notes instead of having us go back to the main guild wars page to read it there, especially when following the link from the client it would be handy to just have it all in one page.

There was no point in changing this to be honest.

Cheers.

Add a way of knowing how many (and which) unfinished maps you have yet to complete on your characters. I have world completion on a couple of my characters, but because some of the maps don't count for world completion, like some of the living world maps, it's hard to find maps I've yet to complete without doing a thorough scan of the world map to find any I've missed.

Edited by Zaoda.1653

Adjust downscaling. Especially, but not exclusively, when it comes to starting zones. Today's daily achievement is event completion in a starter zone. If your character is actually level appropriate, not to mention if you have no access to mounts, it's somewhat annoying to keep up with the level 80 players who obliterate everything with the dismount skill and/or auto-attacking.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

Adjust downscaling. Especially, but not exclusively, when it comes to starting zones. Today's daily achievement is event completion in a starter zone. If your character is actually level appropriate, not to mention if you have no access to mounts, it's somewhat annoying to keep up with the level 80 players who obliterate everything with the dismount skill and/or auto-attacking.

Thats more a problem of mob scaling, it happens (not as badly) in core game 80 maps too, and even in drizzlewood cost champs die in 20 seconds, freaking Mordremoth an world boss and elder dragon is killed within one burn

5 hours ago, AquaBR.9250 said:

Thats more a problem of mob scaling, it happens (not as badly) in core game 80 maps too, and even in drizzlewood cost champs die in 20 seconds, freaking Mordremoth an world boss and elder dragon is killed within one burn

I am not familiar with the technical details all that much. My point is, scaling, be it player or event scaling, doesn't always work well or, at least, the same way for all participants.

5 hours ago, AquaBR.9250 said:

The most annoying thing i faced in this game is having to find a single item in 13 characters, and the thing that its always in the last one i look, so its 13 load screens +1 do go back to the one im playing, pls help

I know it's not much of a solution for the game itself but it works for me and for (hundreds of) thousands of accounts: gw2efficiency.com

You input an API key and you can search your whole account in seconds. I always have it open in my browser, next to the wiki.

• Confused 1

Allow Backpack Straps to be a skin, i.e. Backpack skin without animation\model.

Reason: When backpack model unchecked it is disabled for all templates. But, for fashion purposes, sometimes it's fun to have backpack shown on one template but no backpack on another.
Or atleast allow hide\show checkboxes to be unique for each template.

So apparently the best way to make gold in this game is to have multiple accounts and send everything you can make from those alt accounts, to your main account. While sneaky/clever and also supporting the game, how do you think this makes the average player feel, when people can literally make hundreds and thousands of gold via log in reward dailies on their alts, and sending it all to their main account? Just to add insult to injury, with the free black lion claim ticket, that was supposedly 'giftable', there's now also the free wardrobe unlock which is also apparently 'giftable'.

So the best way to make money in this game is to buy multiple accounts and send all the daily log in rewards and money earned to your main account. This is so incredibly unfair to the majority of players who only play on one account (as it should be).

It's so unfair that there are people out there literally making thousands of gold EVERY MONTH for just logging into their alts and transferring the wealth. Is this what Guild Wars 2 has come to? Pay to win??!?!?!?

TBH - players should only have one account. That's it. By encouraging this multiple account behaviour, GW2 is literally promoting unfair ways of players gaining substantial money, whilst also being able to boast how many 'accounts' have been made in GW2 for upping the statistics of the game - when in reality, how many of those accounts are 'alts' used to 'make bank'???

One of the reasons I left Runescape was because the game became pay-to-win with the squeal of fortune - something the company said they'd never do. The difference was, RS had hiscores - so with it becoming pay-to-win, you'd never know who earned all their experience the hard way, or whether they just bought it all.

While pay-to-win may not be a huge thing in GW2 because there are no hiscores for skills or gameplay per say, letting people make huge amounts of gold by having multiple alt accounts and transferring the daily log in rewards to their main account (and this includes high value items such as mystic coins), GW2 is literally encouraging players to not play the game properly, and encourages rich people to get what they want. To me, this might as well be equated to allowing bots and gold farming - because that's what it really is - players logging in to their alt accounts every day, then at some point, maybe a month or two down the track, transfer it all to their main account, and bam, there's THOUSANDS OF GOLD instantly, for just 'logging in'.

Whilst this may take a fair bit of real world money to do, it's not like GW2 is discouraging this, which, to me, means GW2 doesn't care about the average player, they just want people buying accounts (more money for them), and allowing rich people in real life, to make massive gains by not doing much other than opening their wallet and logging in to their alts everyday.

How is this fair?

NOT COOL!

• Confused 1

On 12/13/2021 at 12:52 AM, MikeG.6389 said:

I'm on the exact opposite of that opinion. The core maps are absolutely oversaturated with waypoints. I mean sometimes they are so close that standing at one the next closest WP is already within range of the zoomed in minimap. I believe that's one of the things the devs corrected when they started adding new maps after the initial release and that's why some of them became permanently contested in the core zones.

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not suggesting more waypoints for EVERY map. I'm suggesting more waypoints to maps which LACK waypoints, like Sandswept Isles for example - with only TWO waypoints for a HUGE map. It makes getting to bosses very difficult, often taking 1-2 mins to reach the bottom of the map even WITH mounts.

I think as a bare minimum, every map should have FOUR waypoints. Or at least waypoints which cover each corner of the map.

Some more examples of maps lacking waypoints:

Bitterfrost Frontier - 2 waypoints total

Drizzlewood Coast - 2 waypoints total

Domain of Istan - 3 waypoints total

Elon Riverlands - 3 waypoints total

Crystal Oasis - 3 waypoints total

The Silverwastes - 3 waypoints total

Draconis Mons - 3 waypoints total

There's probably more examples, but 2-3 waypoints isn't enough. 4 should be minimum, to cover all corners of a map, at the very least.

Edited by Zaoda.1653

5 minutes ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not suggesting more waypoints for EVERY map. I'm suggesting more waypoints to maps which LACK waypoints, like Sandswept Isles for example - with only TWO waypoints for a HUGE map. It makes getting to bosses very difficult, often taking 1-2 mins to reach the bottom of the map even WITH mounts.

I didn't misunderstand you. I am saying that I prefer the low number of waypoints on maps, even the large ones.

18 minutes ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

So apparently the best way to make gold in this game is to have multiple accounts and send everything you can make from those alt accounts, to your main account. While sneaky/clever and also supporting the game, how do you think this makes the average player feel, when people can literally make hundreds and thousands of gold via log in reward dailies on their alts, and sending it all to their main account? Just to add insult to injury, with the free black lion claim ticket, that was supposedly 'giftable', there's now also the free wardrobe unlock which is also apparently 'giftable'.

So the best way to make money in this game is to buy multiple accounts and send all the daily log in rewards and money earned to your main account. This is so incredibly unfair to the majority of players who only play on one account (as it should be).

It's so unfair that there are people out there literally making thousands of gold EVERY MONTH for just logging into their alts and transferring the wealth. Is this what Guild Wars 2 has come to? Pay to win??!?!?!?

TBH - players should only have one account. That's it. By encouraging this multiple account behaviour, GW2 is literally promoting unfair ways of players gaining substantial money, whilst also being able to boast how many 'accounts' have been made in GW2 for upping the statistics of the game - when in reality, how many of those accounts are 'alts' used to 'make bank'???

One of the reasons I left Runescape was because the game became pay-to-win with the squeal of fortune - something the company said they'd never do. The difference was, RS had hiscores - so with it becoming pay-to-win, you'd never know who earned all their experience the hard way, or whether they just bought it all.

While pay-to-win may not be a huge thing in GW2 because there are no hiscores for skills or gameplay per say, letting people make huge amounts of gold by having multiple alt accounts and transferring the daily log in rewards to their main account (and this includes high value items such as mystic coins), GW2 is literally encouraging players to not play the game properly, and encourages rich people to get what they want. To me, this might as well be equated to allowing bots and gold farming - because that's what it really is - players logging in to their alt accounts every day, then at some point, maybe a month or two down the track, transfer it all to their main account, and bam, there's THOUSANDS OF GOLD instantly, for just 'logging in'.

Whilst this may take a fair bit of real world money to do, it's not like GW2 is discouraging this, which, to me, means GW2 doesn't care about the average player, they just want people buying accounts (more money for them), and allowing rich people in real life, to make massive gains by not doing much other than opening their wallet and logging in to their alts everyday.

How is this fair?

NOT COOL!

I bought my alt accounts. Yes, plural. And I have one from the recent Prime Gaming promo. It doesn't make me better at the game in any way and while I do benefit from multiple sources of currency, I do play all my alts rather extensively, as well.

Also, the possibility of owning multiple accounts is available to everyone, including you. That's how it's fair.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I didn't misunderstand you. I am saying that I prefer the low number of waypoints on maps, even the large ones.

I bought my alt accounts. Yes, plural. And I have one from the recent Prime Gaming promo. It doesn't make me better at the game in any way and while I do benefit from multiple sources of currency, I do play all my alts rather extensively, as well.

Also, the possibility of owning multiple accounts is available to everyone, including you. That's how it's fair.

Just because everyone has the ability to buy multiple accounts and become rich as a result of it, doesn't make it right (it's like saying hey, you can cheat/make thousands of gold every month with little effort too, the owners don't care about it, and this is how all the rich players make their money anyway) - and I won't be buying multiple accounts just to make thousands of gold each month - I choose to play games ethically - apparently this makes me an outcast. I guess it all comes down to morals, so perhaps I am playing the wrong game and need to re-evaluate my time in GW2, because it seems money > morals to Arenanet.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

Just because everyone has the ability to buy multiple accounts and become rich as a result of it, doesn't make it right (it's like saying hey, you can cheat/make thousands of gold every month with little effort too, the owners don't care about it, and this is how all the rich players make their money anyway) - and I won't be buying multiple accounts just to make thousands of gold each month - I choose to play games ethically - apparently this makes me an outcast. I guess it all comes down to morals, so perhaps I am playing the wrong game and need to re-evaluate my time in GW2, because it seems money > morals to Arenanet.

On sale, a single Path of Fire alt account, costs $30. For $30, you can get approximately 2500 Gems. 2500 Gems translates to around 510 gold.
Logging into an alt account once per day, averages out to about 45 gold per month. So it will take almost 12 months, to start creating profit.
You seem to think the people buying 100s of accounts are making gold hand over fist, from alt accounts. It takes a whole YEAR for those accounts to start making a profit, versus simply buying the gems and converting them to gold directly.

Your argument is flawed.

Also, this isn't a moral issue. Morals is choosing not to call people names in the forum. This is an Ethical issue, to do with the way people play the game.
But does it have an impact on you? No.
Absolutely do whatever you want to do, but since Gem > Gold exchange has existed for 9 years now, Alt Accounts aren't damaging the market as much as you think they are, because Gem > Gold hasn't damaged it either.
While I respect that you don't want to do this, that doesn't mean you get to be the "Moral Police" and pretend that everyone is cheating.

Your argument is specious, and you are reaching.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hi all.

Today's request/Suggestion.

● Backpacks and Gliders to be added to Wardrobe storage.

Glider skin request:

● An Helicopter 4 blade glider.

● An item wish list that can be used in every menu by right click. Especially for locked items.

---

The following is an idea I presented to ANet, but it seemed to have been missed or forgotten.

● Pretty please, can you make flying maps for Gryphon and Skyscale... 

They could be maps where we can fly around indefinitely. 

We could do the following...

• Race eachother or time trial.

• Fight other flying monsters in group.

• Able to see the wonderful sky and horizon.

• Have freedom of flight.

• New Masteries.

• Get unique rewards.

You could add attack abilities to gryphon and skyscale.

For instance, Gryphon could spit thunder projectiles and have a claw attack.

The skyscale could spit fireballs and use the already existing dash as an attack.

I really believe that we are in need of fly only maps. 

I hope this reaches you devs. 

I think flying maps is what's really missing from Guild Wars 2.

I genuinely think people will very much enjoy it.

Have a good one.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

Varietal Seed Pouches. Wiki lists a bug where you lose them if you drop them from your hand or exit the Home Instance. That also happens if you accidentally equip one from the inventory while you are already holding another. Could they be updated to prevent such accidental destructions, seeing that some currency and effort goes into crafting one?

• Confused 1

Scribe crafting tab. Specifically, the Guild Decoration category. It's a vast list of things that is a pain to search. Can subcategories be introduced, like how the actual decorations are divided into groups in the guild storage?

Edit: To the person who has systematically put confused on my previous comments: you missed this one. I thank you in advance.

Edited by MikeG.6389
  • Like 1

Under Control Options - Targeting:

Remove: Nearest Enemy

Replace With: Nearest Enemy Player, Nearest Enemy NPC (mobs, guards, pets), & Nearest Enemy Objects (this will target doors, walls, and siege).

Bonus: Being able to set the distance on how far this triggers.  For example.  I cannot hit anyone at 2000 range, so why is it targeting someone that far away?  Being able to set the distance limit would help improve this significantly.